You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahimovic, world's highest paid footballer!!!

ratcatcher

Whenever he's played against us, 4 matches in total now, he has been absolutely shit. These big games in which defeat would mean the end of his champions league campaign, he's played as if he didn't give a shit. He might be able to bang in the goals against the lesser lights in Serie A but when it comes to the top sides of Europe, he's been found wanting.

I bet he'll have another stinker against the manc scum in a few weeks time, although I hope I'm proved wrong...

Don't think that list is right, Messi isn't the highest paid player at Barca (if he hasn't signed a new deal lately then I'm wrong) so his position on that list must be wrong so brings the rest of the positions in doubt.

EDIT : and oh wasn't Robinho put on something stupid like a £160,000 a week when he signed for city??

As a Swede, let me lay it out for you (my friend hamstrung, who I find myself agreeing with most of the times, included)

Zlatan's main weakness is his total lack of pace. He's extremely good in slow games when he gets to "express himself" (ie not in the CL against us). As a good link up player and extravagant finisher he's a favourite of both the manager and the fans.

Same goes for his attitude. If you're a Inter support or a coxy kid from the Swedish suburbs you love his fuck-off-let's-go-attitude. When watching from distance you hate him for being a twat.

Everytime Sweden plays some crap qualifying game against the likes of Latvia he's our only hope, when facing England or Spain I rather wish we'd played Elmander, Larsson, or even some work-horse like Allbäck in his position.

He shines immensely against the not so good and disappears when service is cut off and the tempo is upped, like in clashes with top four premiership teams or even in the Serie A derbys.

I like him, cause I'm a Swede who's proud of our welcoming integrating politics and our careful, open-minded atmosphere. If I was born elsewhere I'd hate him. He's a good inclusion in our aryan Mellbergian line-up of collective thinkers.

Do I want him in Liverpool? FUCK NO! Do I wish the him success? Yes, most of the times.

"cause I'm a Swede who's proud of our welcoming integrating politics and our careful, open-minded atmosphere"

That has everything to do with zlatans skills. "oboy"

Not that I was solely talking about Zlatan football skills but, yes, infact it does. Our stereotypic football climate has created him. Ever since he was 10 he's been encouraged by coaches to continue breaking the pattern.