You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2009

Woo

After a marathon session last night which saw me up until half 2 I've decided my brain and eyes need a day off. I had dreams of football manager and my tactics screen had been burnt onto my retina.

Worth it though, failed in the league finishing 3rd due to my players lacking motivation against the likes of Levante, Hercules, Almeria etc but I retained the champions league beating Man Utd in the final.

David Villa had an amazing season scoring 53 goals in 54 appearances, including 37 in the league. Tried to do a screen shot but think I fucked it up as it only copied the text:

Statistics Apps Gls Asts MoM Yel Red Tck Pass Sh Tar Fouls Fls Ag Av R

Non Competitive 3 1 0 0 0 0 - - - 1 3 6.27

League 36 37 5 12 0 0 0.51 65 % 65 % 19 97 7.36

Cup 7 11 1 4 0 0 0.77 68 % 70 % 5 19 7.91

Continental 11 5 2 0 1 0 0.82 75 % 56 % 7 35 7.02

International 1 (4) 1 0 0 0 0 - - - 1 12 7.07

Overall 54 53 8 16 1 0 0.61 67 % 64 % 31 151 7.36

And still I get no more than £20m to spend on new players.

I can't seem to sell more than 45,000 season tickets in a 75,000 capacity stadium. Any ideas? Do I need to sign a really big name or Valencia just not big enough to average higher crowds? It's always a sell out for the champions league but not the league games.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got this working and she's fine.

I've started with Liverpool. Any good player suggestions lads? I've installed 9.3 aswell.

Kenny Dalglish

Billy Liddell

Kevin Keegan

Alan Hansen

John Barnes

Roger Hunt

Jan Molby

Pegguy Arphexad

Right guys - now is the time the request for help really applies!

I am working on phase 1 of the data research for FM2010. I have a week to get the file finished. Nothing too exciting to report - Alonso is being increased in terms of CA, as is Torres and again the reserves and kids are being re-assessed. I must admit it felt sweet to cancel Rick Parry's contract(6)

If anyone has any info on the kids below the current U18s (except Wisdom) please can you share it.

Names, DOBs, nationality, position etc etc would be appreciated. I have a few bits and bobs.

It is not essential we get this done now as I get the files back several times before the game goes live but the sooner we start building up the file the better.

Some of the kids will still be too young for the new version, Wisdom will be added!:yes:

Right guys - now is the time the request for help really applies!

I am working on phase 1 of the data research for FM2010. I have a week to get the file finished. Nothing too exciting to report - Alonso is being increased in terms of CA, as is Torres and again the reserves and kids are being re-assessed. I must admit it felt sweet to cancel Rick Parry's contract(6)

If anyone has any info on the kids below the current U18s (except Wisdom) please can you share it.

Names, DOBs, nationality, position etc etc would be appreciated. I have a few bits and bobs.

It is not essential we get this done now as I get the files back several times before the game goes live but the sooner we start building up the file the better.

Some of the kids will still be too young for the new version, Wisdom will be added!:yes:

Not sure about positions or any other info but here are some of the players:

U16

Andre Wisdom, Conor Coady, Karl Clair, Jack Flannagan, Jack Robinson, Adam Dawson, Mathew McGiveron, Ben Robinson, Connor Roberts-Nurse, Peter Aylmer, Ahmed Ally, Jordan Tucker, Aaron King, Tom Walsh, Alex Whittle, Leroy Chittingen, Adam Morgan, Joe Rafferty.

The U16 are a good bunch apparently.

Isn't there that German kid who plays full back who destroyed England and Uefa described him as one of the top young full backs in the world? Butchman or something like that. Anyway I will have a look for you.

Edit: Here he is:

Christopher Buchtmann

Date of birth: 25-04-1992

Born: Germany

Position: Midfield (but can play in defence)

Year: 1st year

Wait you mean Under 16's. Oops

Edited by Joe Le Taxi

Quaresma is class on it. I bought him with QPR for £7.5m, and he was world class at AMR, sold him when he was 30 for £18m to Man Utd (who never played him, mwahahahaha!).

Football Manager just went off my screen and i tried to get it back up and it said: not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of profileo.xml.

It's weird it won't let me run Football Manager and it says I have to re-enter my product key so I do and it says my product key does not work and that I need a new one. It also says that my Softanchor trial period has expired. In other words I cannot activate Football Manager on my computer.

Can anyone help?

So, I'm bored in work, and completely forgot that I installed FM on this PC. So, I go looking for my Rushden game, and find that some bellend (probably me come to think about it, as I've hidden all the folders) has delted the save game files! :wallbutt:

So, I've just started a game with Shrewsbury Town. Will keep y'all updated once I get into it.

I started a new game with Inter and I won the scudetto in my first season. Was 12 points behind at Christmas and won 9 of my last 10 games to take the title. The game I didnt win was a dead rubber game away to Catania where i played most of my Ressies.

I went on a spending spree in the summer and spent about a hundered million on players without sales. Bought Amauri(30 Mill), Owen(15 million), Zaccardo(10 million), Silva(60 million) and sold Adriano and cambiasso. I also got Mascherano on a free transfer as he was out of contract.

Im in November in my second season and I have conceded 1 goal so far. Owen and Zlatan are tearing the league a new arsehole. Amauri has been a bit of a let down. I predict a succesful season for the Nerazzuri.

Gay my FM save has crashed so I started again on 9.3. this time with only signing players I need rather than hoarding kids that play 5 games a season.

Got Zhirkov £16.5m, Pogrebnyak £10m, Milevsky £9m, Srna £11m. Eastern European-tastic.

Had to sell a lot of players including Itandje, Degen, Darby, Aurelio, Insua (loan), Babel, Lucas, Benayoun and a few youngsters. Think I may have still crippled myself financially but hey ho hopefully it will force a sale of the club.

Squad is a little thin in places but should have enough versitility.

Reina

Cavalieri

Srna

Carra

Agger

Arbeloa

Skrtel

Hyypia

Dossena

Gerrard

Kuyt

Alonso

Mascherano

Zhirkov

Riera

Plessis

Spearing

Torres

Pogrebnyak

Milevsky

Ngog

Could do with a LB and DM in an ideal world but have no money and there are no decent free's about. Hopefully wont cost me too much during the run in so will sacrifice the cups with youngsters that I have left.

I went on a spending spree in the summer and spent about a hundered million on players without sales. Bought Amauri(30 Mill), Owen(15 million), Zaccardo(10 million), Silva(60 million) and sold Adriano and cambiasso. I also got Mascherano on a free transfer as he was out of contract.

Silva rules at AML.

Though I've just signed this guy from Milan for £19m to give him some competition:

pazx.jpg

Hope he's better than my last computer generated player called Francisco Dos Santos who had similar stats and was a striker but I managed to get just 5 goals from him in 40 appearances despite him being top scorer the season before in la liga. 34 year old Villa is still banging them in though.

This is my squad in 2015:

team.jpg