You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Eccleston, this off Gedo - who is quite reputable - on Rawk:

Eccleston IS UNDER CONTRACT,and can't spit his Dummy out when he feels like it,he was suspended for 3 days last week,for refusing to play for the Academy team,the Reserves play only 20 odd games a season,Rafa told him that although he was at Melwood,getting a game for the Reserves would be limited and told him he should make himself available for Academy Games,i don't know what all the fuss is about,Eccleston won't make it at Liverpool,although younger, Lauri Delle Valle is head and shoulders above him!!!!

So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?

Hearing this sort of stuff makes we wonder about the position of a director of football/sporting director. No not somebody who signs players and makes the first team coach work with them but an administrative appoitment with football knowledge to bascially act as a go between for all footballing facets of the club..... first team, reserve team, scouting, contract/transfer negotiations (working with ceo, manager & scouts) and the academy.

Maybe having a type of CEO with footballing knoweldge to aid/unify/centralise that side of the club and a CEO with buisnesss acumen for the finanacial/legal shite.

Wasn't Macia the sporting/technical director at Valencia.

Back to Eccleston, this off Gedo - who is quite reputable - on Rawk:

So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?

Eccleston IS UNDER CONTRACT,and can't spit his Dummy out when he feels like it,he was suspended for 3 days last week,for refusing to play for the Academy team,the Reserves play only 20 odd games a season,Rafa told him that although he was at Melwood,getting a game for the Reserves would be limited and told him he should make himself available for Academy Games,i don't know what all the fuss is about,Eccleston won't make it at Liverpool,although younger, Lauri Delle Valle is head and shoulders above him!!!!

Sounds like Ecclestone is acting like a cnut.

Hes got every right to be fucked off, I know I would be.

He must be doing something right if Ablett thinks hes good enough, then it seems Rafa has gone over Abletts head and sent him Eccelston back to the Academy because apparently there are too many strikers, maybe there is but most are below par, Jordy Brouwer being one of them and he seems to play when fit, hes fucking gash.

He desereves a chances from what ive seen of him.

A couple of days ago I read that Giggs said he was rejected by the club he first started out with. Basically they told him that he wasn't good enough for the first team - so he went into the B team and made everyone stand up and notice. Absolute legend, albeit a Manc Legend.

You'd refuse to play for the Academy?

A kid refusing to play for teh academy is acting a prick. If he's ....ed off then go out and play better and try to prove Rafa or whoever wrong.

Not that simple. He doesn't believe he'll get a chance at Melwood while Rafa is bringing in mediocre talent, and this just cements his belief.

the lads been treated a bit harshly I think, its like being promoted to a higher paid job then a week later being told your not required so go back to your old job.

I bet hes probably been buzzing the last week over the prospect of showing what he can do in the ressies and then he has that opportunity taken away from him, I think its harsh.

I think the reason he is kicking off isn't because he is being a cock or anything, just that he thinks he can do better at other clubs. Academy staff will have had words with him, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had told him on the sly they wouldn't blame him if he goes else where. Blackburn, and Everton would probably both be more than willing to take him on.

There was a practice match at Melwood today between the players who aren't on international duty. Some players from the Academy - including Eccleston - were called up to make the numbers up.

Eccleston scored, against a defence that had Carragher in it.