You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PES2009 demo

Dan Vito Corleone

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the idea though mate and it does bring a different dimension to the game.

Just had another go whilst BioShock is downloading and my first impression still stands.

They have improved certain parts of the game but others just feel outdated and this is without doubt a game i will be waiting until it comes down in price.

Seabass and Konami need to have a long look at themselves because EA have been improving FIFA more or less every year whereas Pro Evo 5 and 6 were superb games Konami just appear to be trying to take the series down a different route and it does not bode well for the future of Pro Evo.

Oh its brilliant, I had a few games with mates on Fifa 08. And it was five vs five and was extremely funny to play

But Fifa have had one version already to refine it and now have 10 vs 10 against Pro evo's 4 v 4

Problem is Pro evo usually can't even get one vs one right nevermind 8 players at the same time

Right, my thoughts.

The gameplay is back thank goodness.Like others earlier mentioned, there's no more running through the field to score with half the opposition behind you (Rooney's still a shithouse though).

The passing, trapping, dribbles and feints are back which is the dream of any "match controller/dominator" type (like me).

Its not all balance that matters which is very good; Robinho can drag Vidic all over the pitch with silky dribbling. The speed is also perfect; no more players on acid.

The corners have been tweaked very well although there's little room for improvement. Freekicks are back old school style; already scored a few with Gerrard. Freekick depend more on precision than luck.

The keepers are better than before; it might not be the best but i think they are hovering around a realistic balance between realism and fun.

Hold up play is better as it can be done with just about any player.

The defense has been sorted, not much room for cutbacks and their positioning is better.

Also the stats of the players are more clear cut; a runner in the high 90's is a bullet, a dribbler in the high 90's will leave you rolling. These make you plan ahead; seeing Ronaldo or Robinho will make you think twice and adjust your strategy accordingly.

The faces are great- could be better- but still great. WENB did a comparism of the faces on pes 2009 against fifa 09. For the first time pes won hands down. The likeness is better.

The ball Physics is just perfect - long may this reign. Boots are back for all you editors. I think that the lighting of the boots has been increased to further emphasize it.

Overall (based on the demo) I give a 9.5 rating.

The negatives,

The stats are shit once more. Rooney has 1v1* as well as scoring*. same as tevez. Nando was shit on from a great height; technique on par with Kuyt (no offense meant), and shot technique of 79:no:no:no . Gerrard still has the sloppy response of 76:(:(. Don't use Alonso, his turning is grannie-esque. Rooney faster than Torres, J.S park is like Ronaldo on speed. Reina!! oh no, keeper skill 78????, that's wrong. Those are the most obvious for now, they seem to be consistent in getting the other 'big' teams well or overrating a bit which i don't really mind. They just need to do a better research or hire one of the fellows from the numerous fan sites, 10k should go a long way correcting the dross they put out regularly.

The fouls are excessive and penalties are still quite cheap. more could be done.

Transfers are still poor. major updates will be needed.

Complete teams are not present. They don't need to include the academy, but bright players should be included like Nemeth, its not that hard.

I still fancy untucked shirts which i am yet to see. but hopefully this is just a demo.

Thankfully, the major negatives could be corrected manually. so i expect the fansites to get to work asap.

BTW,coop which fansite are you with?, where do you upload your option files and patches? There seems to be a lot of LFC editors and patchers. Any one else apart from coop here?

Cheers (sorry for the long post.

Played 9 v 8 last night and whilst it was great fun, it can get quite confusing and people chase the ball rather than stick with their own position. Prefer 4 v 4 or 5 v 5.

360 Thants.

Is that on PES? Or FIFA?

BTW,coop which fansite are you with?, where do you upload your option files and patches? There seems to be a lot of LFC editors and patchers. Any one else apart from coop here?

Cheers (sorry for the long post.

Sorry mate i should have been more clearer.

I dont actually release the patches myself more i download them and improve the faces etc, kits etc on some of them but only for my own personal use.

Im a member on evo-web.co.uk which is a superb site for all your Pro Evo needs.