You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PES2009 demo

Dan Vito Corleone

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
6 was good on the PS2, apart from the orange look.

As Mr Weeks said the only PS3 was the last which was rushed. Nick, lemme know what it looks like on the PS3. And TK. Your reviews will determine whether my October is ruined.

I don't really buy games on the strength of demos. I'm waiting for the reviews to come in before I splash out on this one after being suckered in last time. If there are widespread reports of suckage, as with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, then I won't be buying.

I don't really buy games on the strength of demos. I'm waiting for the reviews to come in before I splash out on this one after being suckered in last time. If there are widespread reports of suckage, as with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, then I won't be buying.

Oh ok, feel free to review it blind then.

I've had a go on it

- first game against united, Torres overhead kick for 1 nil then Keane for 2 nil with a goal very similar to yesterdays.

Been playing Pro Evo since ISS Pro on the playstation but like you guys gave up on last years.

This seems pretty similar to 6 like people have said. Gameplay seems to be a bit quicker and smoother than last year although the replays still run like a dog for me (but that might just be my pc)

Legends bit looks like it may be fantastic or total tosh - you can play online in position (so 4 players can play on the same team as individual players in position).

I've had a go on it

- first game against united, Torres overhead kick for 1 nil then Keane for 2 nil with a goal very similar to yesterdays.

Been playing Pro Evo since ISS Pro on the playstation but like you guys gave up on last years.

This seems pretty similar to 6 like people have said. Gameplay seems to be a bit quicker and smoother than last year although the replays still run like a dog for me (but that might just be my pc)

Legends bit looks like it may be fantastic or total tosh - you can play online in position (so 4 players can play on the same team as individual players in position).

How original:whistle: (in response to your last paragraph)

I've had a go on it

What platform is this?

I've had a go on it

If it is like Be a Pro mode on FIFA it will be a blast.

Ive played it twice, first time takes a while to get used to the gameplay.

I think once I get used to playing it, as its completely different to other PES on the 360, from the dribbling to the passing to the shotting, its all been changed.

Although I have just scored a magical goal with Torres, lovely LB + Y ball over the top from Keane, and Torres smacks it into the top bin!

I shall report back once Ive played this Madrid v Barca game.

This game fucking rocks.

Im playing sheckshy football against Barca with this Madrid side. The game doesnt seem to over complicate things like it used to. It knows when you want to make the simple pass, or when you want to make that killer ball.

And the crossings been improved so much.

PC maybe?

I didnt know it was coming out on the pc, thats all, woopsie.

Downloading for PS3 now (the twats didn't put it on the Latest page, but tucked it away on the All Games/Sports section). Might take an hour or so, 1.4Gb (and it will probably be busy).

*taps foot*

And now after reading Alex's thoughts I need to play this even more. Would it be wrong of me to jib off an afternoon lecture to get this demo boxed?

No it wouldnt.

The more you play it, the better it gets. You can do all this fancy passing stuff, its fucking ace!

Very quick first impressions:

Still not true HD (its 720p not 1080p)

but

Much much smoother on PS3.

And they've taken out the 'one player dribbling the length of the pitch and scoring' ability. Its still PES, but it feels like a more enjoyable game of football compared to the last one. Didn't notice if there was an online match in the demo, don't think there is.

I've just ahd a go and the gameplay is miles better than the previous. its a lot quicker than fifa, you don;t get much time on the ball. its very frantic.

Gameplay apart it is still nowhere near even Fifa 08 for presentation, Sound effects, teams, Chants, player likeness.

But Pro Evo was always about gameplay and this one seems to have it back

Lets see if they can do online. thats the dealbreaker

Downloaded PS3 version and very dissapointed.

Been a firm follower of Pro Evo from its early days and a regular patcher of the series on the ps2 and PC versions.

Graphically i thought this game was very poor.

The faces in my opinion are nothing like their real life counterparts or certainly not when you consider the power behind the PS3 it should be able to handle far more high res images then they are currently using.

I could in all fairness excuse the graphics if the gameplay was good but i just felt as if it was a struggle every time.

Again the animation on the players is awful and the sound effects are terrible with the 'thud' even worse then ever when you pass a ball.

Personally i dont think its an improvement on Pro Evo 2008 as far as the matchplay goes but i must admit to be interested in the 'Become a Legend' mode but for me once again its seems that Seabass and the rest of the team at Konami have just though 'fuck it' and released the game knowing people will buy it because its a Pro Evo.