You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don;t know if anyone has mentioned it yet but Shutter Island is going to be sweeeeeeeet.

Scorsese and Dicaprio in a scary thriller/horror, sounds good to me.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bznTvfP6k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bznTvfP6k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
Don;t know if anyone has mentioned it yet but Shutter Island is going to be sweeeeeeeet.

Scorsese and Dicaprio in a scary thriller/horror, sounds good to me.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bznTvfP6k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bznTvfP6k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait for this.

Steve Coogan: decision on Alan Partridge film 'in a month' | Film | guardian.co.uk

The comedian Steve Coogan has confirmed that a decision is due sometime this month on whether a big-screen outing for his best-known creation, Alan Partridge, will be given the green light. Coogan told the BBC it was "kind of make or break" for the project, which has been in development for a number of years in a variety of forms.

"In a month it'll be very clear whether we're going to do it or not," said Coogan, adding that he was keen to secure the involvement of writers Armando Iannucci and Peter Baynham, who worked on previous outings for the egotistical radio and television presenter. Partridge began life as a spoof sports reporter on BBC Radio 4's On The Hour before moving to television on BBC Two's The Day Today. He later appeared in two series of I'm Alan Partridge on the BBC, but has not been seen on the small screen, bar the odd Comic Relief outing, since the 2003 one-off Anglian Lives.

Since then, Coogan has become something of a Hollywood star, appearing in films such as Tropic Thunder, Night at the Museum and Around the World in 80 Days. He will next be seen as the Greek god Hades, who appears in the form of a strutting, androgynous British rock star, in Harry Potter director Chris Columbus's fantasy Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, which is out on Friday in the UK.

A Partridge film was first mooted back in April 2005, with the storyline reportedly centring on Alan's latest attempt at a comeback, which is thwarted when Middle Eastern terrorists hijack the BBC offices. However, Coogan told Empire magazine in December that the new film would see the character transferring to America to launch a new career.

"We're doing it in the States, but I'm not going to try and Americanise it," he told the film magazine. "I wouldn't try to do the same observational stuff here that I do in Britain. I'm not going to come over here and go 'right, now I'm going to try and invent five different characters who are all American', because I'm not steeped in American culture. It wouldn't work. I'm so ingrained in British culture that for me to observe the minutiae of being British in all its different ways is very easy. I couldn't claim to do that here, and if I did they'd end up being caricatures. It'll be a British fool/idiot character in a movie that should appeal to everybody."

Up until fairly recently, Iannucci's involvement had appeared far from a given. The writer and comic, who recently found his own big screen success with political satire In the Loop, told the Telegraph in 2005 that he was uninterested in working on a Partridge movie because "the idea of spending two more years in a room with that voice is more than I can take".

However, earlier today Iannucci took to Twitter to announce: "Thought I might add fuel to rumour-fires by saying been spending last few days plotting a Partridge story."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...