You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now I'm no huge fan of The Killers...

Chris

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Tis a top tune, only had it as my sig for about 12 months.

Boss shout on 'Round our way' too

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Going back to the point of the original thread though

It's easy to look at childhood through rose tinted glasses, only tend to remember the good stuff, and block out all the shit stuff.

I'm exactly the same.

But I also think this melancholy, whistful view of the past doesn't have to be the be all and end all.

I still, on rare occasion and in the company of very close friends, find that all pretence , ego and vanity falls away and it's like when we where kids again, and it's fucking ace.

Just chilling, saying what you want, having a laugh and not being conscious of the what those other few people might be thinking about you, because they aren't.

Do either of you like the Nine Inch Nails version? There's something a little more dark about it, and you've got the personal aspect as it was Reznor that felt that way.

Sanchez is right. The way Cash sings it is spot on for goose pimples. The power and purity of that video too is out of this world.

It's a shame as you say because it's a personal song to Trent Reznor. I'd imagine that he wasn't that happy about someone else coving it.

Nah, Reznor loved it.

Do either of you like the Nine Inch Nails version? There's something a little more dark about it, and you've got the personal aspect as it was Reznor that felt that way.

I listened to it yesterday when I posted hurt on Daves blog, not a big fan of it, although I dont like Nine Inch Nails so probably a bit of bias there.

Going back to the point of the original thread though

It's easy to look at childhood through rose tinted glasses, only tend to remember the good stuff, and block out all the shit stuff.

I'm exactly the same.

But I also think this melancholy, whistful view of the past doesn't have to be the be all and end all.

I still, on rare occasion and in the company of very close friends, find that all pretence , ego and vanity falls away and it's like when we where kids again, and it's fucking ace.

Just chilling, saying what you want, having a laugh and not being conscious of the what those other few people might be thinking about you, because they aren't.

Heh, Im the exact opposite. I usually don't remember the good stuff but recall all the shite that happened.