You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thePoet
View topic - Liverpool away next year :: VillaTalk ::

Looks like he is signed. Villa fans can't wait for the villa-reds fixture in brummieland next season to boo Barry for 90 minutes. some hoping he breaks his legs already.

They are pathetic.

I couldn't give a fuck about this "Same as Gerrard/Chelsea" bullshit.

Fuck Villa, Fuck O Neil, and fuck their fans.

View topic - Liverpool away next year :: VillaTalk ::

Looks like he is signed. Villa fans can't wait for the villa-reds fixture in brummieland next season to boo Barry for 90 minutes. some hoping he breaks his legs already.

Some seriously small time shit in there. Booing a former player will be the highlight of the season for some of them. I despair with football sometimes.

One or two very sensible and fair minded Villa fans on there, maybe some on here should follow there example

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh the irony of it all Nicklearse.

As much as i read the Villa lads now and think alot of them siund very small time, i can also 100% see where they are coming from. We had the same situation, twice, and when you idolise a player as much as Stevie was, its fuckin hard to watch them leave you. You feel betrayed. Barry is their captain, their leader, just like Stevie is here. It must be shit for them now, so i can understand where those feelings of hatred for all things LFC are coming from. I remember how much i hated Chelsea then, how much i hated Gerrard. Being a young whipper snapper back in 04 when he was tapped up at the Euros by Lampard, i remember coming home ripping all my Gerrard posters off me wall when i heard he was off. I was gutted.

the price is excessive but I think it is a great bit of business myself because as much as I rate alonso he has been struggling to find his best and has increasingly been caught in possession he is going to be replaced with someone who is stronger on the ball and more mobile.

then you have the set peice issue where our corners are pretty much a waste of time and our freekicks down hurt the opposition oten enough.

we claimed to have the best midfield in the world but every single time the mancs with consumate ease has controlled and dictated the pace of the game with carrick (a player many claim is rubbish) pulling the strings.

for me the issue of a winger was also a red herring you're tackling a symptom not the cause.

basically we need to press higher up the pitch, be more mobile and dominate in the middle of the park and push the fullbacks as far upfield as possible, then the likes of babel and kuyt WILL fill their boots.

so despite feeling the fee (for barry) is excessive I think this is a good bit of business which will push us closer to challenging right until april (any longer is a bonus imho).

the long and the short of it is we haven't dominated the middle of the park enough to shut out the opposition when we take the lead or push high enough in the opposition half to force the second goal.