You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have only had time to watch the opening movies an play it for about 5 mins, but fuck me, if you thought the previous ones were cinematic, this pisses all over them. The new camera works beautifully as well, and my first go at combat was lots of fun. High hopes for this...

Dan, PS3's are only 300 quid mate, get stuck in!

Guest TK-421
I heard that one cut scene is nearly 90 minutes long in this game, I must've mis-read it.

It's true, philyburkhill said it on page 1 of the thread.

It's true, philyburkhill said it on page 1 of the thread.

Haha page 1? I paid close to attention to this thread then. I like a cut scene as much as the next person but (whether you can skip it or not) that's a silly amount of time. I haven't played a MGS since number 2 because the last third of that game annoyed the shit out of me.

Guest TK-421

It does seem a bit excessive but if they think it's integral to the storyline then fair play for sticking to their principles. I've never played any of them but I'll get involved this time around.

Mr Wiiiiiks has been VERY quiet this weekend. He's either been run over by cyclists or been busy twiddling his controller.

Here I am! hehe no, Ive done neither this weekend Nick, Ive been on my travels and will be OOT for the next week.

But, Ive played about 30 mins of MGS4, and it is unbelievably polished. Im wary of the 90 min cutscenes (for the same reasons as RK mentions) but so far they've been minimalist but full of juicy storyline. Like the reason why Snake is so old is because...hehe just kidding.

Im playing it on ultra-hard level too, so no radar, no idea where the enemies are.

I think I'll love this more than GTA.

Here I am! hehe no, Ive done neither this weekend Nick, Ive been on my travels and will be OOT for the next week.

But, Ive played about 30 mins of MGS4, and it is unbelievably polished. Im wary of the 90 min cutscenes (for the same reasons as RK mentions) but so far they've been minimalist but full of juicy storyline. Like the reason why Snake is so old is because...hehe just kidding.

Im playing it on ultra-hard level too, so no radar, no idea where the enemies are.

I think I'll love this more than GTA.

I may purchase it next month if I get a dip in work and sex. As for my other query Mr Wiiiks I've just gone for the youtube option. Hopefully be finished tonight.

Enjoy your OOT travels.

From wiki regarding online play:

Metal Gear Online (commonly abbreviated to MGO) is the online component of Metal Gear Solid 4. The game features 16-player online stealth battles, encouraging players to engage heavily in teamwork. MGO is distributed with MGS4 in the form of a starter pack, and will eventually see a stand-alone release. The game will also be expanded through downloadable content via the PlayStation Network, potentially for up to 10 years