You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryanair

elvis

You don't get to board first. Just get one of yoru party to buy a priority boarding pass for a couple of quid (£4 I think) and then go on board and hold the seats you need.

Cheesr johnny, is there any way of knowing how full the flight is other than trying to book a dozen or so people on same flight?

those priority boarding passes are a load of bollox. everyone buys it as it is only 4 quid so you get no priority at all.

Just to clarify: Ryanair give you absolutely fucking nothing.

Cheap flights have pros and cons, we cant have it all ends up.

True. It's just a bus service now. All the snobbery and £300 been the cheapest ticket for a flight from Liverpool to Dublin is gone now. But so has the free papers and drinks gone also. Give me the bus service and affordable travel any day. However, been in the industry I do lean towards the low cost given the shite I've seen from the so called full-service airlines who, by some distance, have much worse punctuality, many more lost bags, and much more expensive tickets then any of the low costs. In fact apart from a free paper I don't know what services these full-service carriers actually offer?

Cheap flights have pros and cons, we cant have it all ends up.

Its a low cost airline, not a low fare airline as I found out to my expense. If you do some searching you can often find a rival airline offering a same price , if not cheaper ticket and a civilised service, whatever their website says.

The fuckers destroyed my luggage during transit by running over it with a truck, but because I had a camera in it they refused to give me any financial compensation (you have to tell them you are carrying a camera apparently). Not only that but they don't actually communicate with you by phone - everything has to be done by fax at your expense.

I now loathe that airline with a passion. Fortunately I have recovered the cost from them by other means and will continue to do so.

Its a low cost airline, not a low fare airline as I found out to my expense. If you do some searching you can often find a rival airline offering a same price , if not cheaper ticket and a civilised service, whatever their website says.

The fuckers destroyed my luggage during transit by running over it with a truck, but because I had a camera in it they refused to give me any financial compensation (you have to tell them you are carrying a camera apparently). Not only that but they don't actually communicate with you by phone - everything has to be done by fax at your expense.

I now loathe that airline with a passion. Fortunately I have recovered the cost from them by other means and will continue to do so.

so , just to recap...you're not happy , is that correct?

those priority boarding passes are a load of bollox. everyone buys it as it is only 4 quid so you get no priority at all.

Just to clarify: Ryanair give you absolutely fucking nothing.

correct, bastards wanted £8 to check in at the airport then £16 to check a bag in, so "cheap"* flight at 75 quid suddenly is a ton!

* is there such thing as a budget flight now? or is it just clever marketing?

Hang on, do I have to pay extra to check in with RyanAir? Have I misunderstood?

Edit - Did I pay it when I booked the flights?

Also, anyone know how much it costs for extra baggage allowance?

Extra suitcase a snip at £16 each way.

You used to be allowed 15kg + 10kg hand luggage (which is pretty generous). Excess baggage was about a fiver per kilo. I don't know if these have been changed though, it was last year.