You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Academy players for 08/09

coop

These are the new crop of kids going into the Academy for next season

Thomas Ince, FW - English

James Ellison, FW - English

Adam Pepper, FW -English

Massude Daúde, FW/MF - Mozambique

Jonathon Breeze, MF - English

Craig Rudden, MF - English

Adam Dawson, MF - English

Adam Wilson, MF - English

Michael Roberts, MF - English

Pajtim Kasami, MF - Swiss

Alex Cooper, MF - Scottish

Lauri Dalla Valle, MF - Finnish

Christopher Buchtmann, MF/DF - German

John Flanagan, DF - English

Michael Flanagan, DF - English

Ben Taylor, DF - English

Matty McGiveron, DF - English

Jack Metcalf, DF - English

Daniel MacDonald, GK - English

Hakan Burton, GK - English

Deale Chamberlain, GK - English

Quite a few English as you would see but the stand out name for me is Dalla Valle who i think is going to be a superb player, hopefully with us.

Im sure DT can give us more info on other highly rated players like Adam Pepper.

There was a bit of fuss over him as hes another one whose supposed to be highly rated.

Just done a quick google on him and its saying Man United signed him when he was 15 but in all the upcoming talents sites its showing up as Liverpool.

From the Manc Evening News Nov 05

Reds land 15-year-old

16/11/2005

UNITED have landed hotly tipped Mozambique youngster Daude Massude - thanks to countryman Carlos Queiroz.

The 15-year-old midfielder will join up with United's academy after catching the eye of the Reds assistant boss.

Mozambique-born Queiroz used the international break to hunt for talent, and spotted the youngster while he was in Portugal.

Massude told skysports.com: "It is a chance I cannot waste.

"Looking ahead I'll be alone but it is important not to disappoint the expectations of the person that believed in my potential and that is the coach Carlos Queiroz."

These are the new crop of kids going into the Academy for next season

Thomas Ince, FW - English

James Ellison, FW - English

Adam Pepper, FW -English

Massude Daúde, FW/MF - Mozambique

Jonathon Breeze, MF - English

Craig Rudden, MF - English

Adam Dawson, MF - English

Adam Wilson, MF - English

Michael Roberts, MF - English

Pajtim Kasami, MF - Swiss

Alex Cooper, MF - Scottish

Lauri Dalla Valle, MF - Finnish

Christopher Buchtmann, MF/DF - German

John Flanagan, DF - English

Michael Flanagan, DF - English

Ben Taylor, DF - English

Matty McGiveron, DF - English

Jack Metcalf, DF - English

Daniel MacDonald, GK - English

Hakan Burton, GK - English

Deale Chamberlain, GK - English

Quite a few English as you would see but the stand out name for me is Dalla Valle who i think is going to be a superb player, hopefully with us.

Im sure DT can give us more info on other highly rated players like Adam Pepper.

Where did you find that list, Coop? There was an interview with Adam Pepper and Dalla Valle in the last edition of The Kopite ( Norwegian fan club magazine ). If there are some Norgies on here who arent as lazy as me, maybe they`ll do a trabslation?

Thats 21 players there, and with a few remaining from this years squad, that will be a huge squad to pick from. Or will Eccleston, Amoo, Pourie, etc be promoted to the reserve squad?

Where did you find that list, Coop? There was an interview with Adam Pepper and Dalla Valle in the last edition of The Kopite ( Norwegian fan club magazine ). If there are some Norgies on here who arent as lazy as me, maybe they`ll do a trabslation?

Thats 21 players there, and with a few remaining from this years squad, that will be a huge squad to pick from. Or will Eccleston, Amoo, Pourie, etc be promoted to the reserve squad?

Taken from est1892.

Ince is a left winger, haven't seen much of him but I've heard he's pretty decent and had a good season.

If that list is accurate, then the u18s have a huge squad for next year as only Irwin and McKay Steven have been promoted to Melwood.

Ince is a left winger, haven't seen much of him but I've heard he's pretty decent and had a good season.

If that list is accurate, then the u18s have a huge squad for next year as only Irwin and McKay Steven have been promoted to Melwood.

is that a good thing or not, do they get a lot of games or is it just about 17 i think in the league

How is that Adam Pepper getting on?

I remember all the fuss about him and the papers doing huge articles a few years back but I've heard nothing since.

He's won the Academy player of the month for the last 2 months (presented at the home games), and I'm sure he's won it another 1 or 2 times on top of that, so seems to be doing well in his age group.

how accurate really is that list or is this just a general lets list all our U16 side and say they must be to old for U16 therefore our U18 squad.

As Dave says we already have a number of players going in to their second and maybe final year with only three exited, two promoted to Melwood so in 2007-8 we used 21 players in the league of which some were from the list admittedly we're maybe talking about adding this list to about 14 who are already around

Can we really have an academy that big for a league season that only plays 28 games

I reckon that U16 list will be trimmed down a bit. It'd often the case that U16 players get released

It's from the offal

ACADEMY SQUAD REVEALED FOR NEXT SEASON

The son of a former Liverpool captain will be in the Academy Under-18 squad next season.

Thomas Ince, son of MK Dons manager Paul, has come up from the Under-16 squad to be a first year Academy player next season.

Finland midfielder Lauri Dalla Valle is also in the squad having been part of the Under-18s touring party to the Middle East and the USA last season.

As revealed yesterday on Liverpoolfc.tv Swedish midfielder Astrit Ajdarevic is still under contract as an Academy player but is currently looking for another club, so is not named as part of Hughie McAuley's squad.

Liverpool's Under-18 squad for 2008-09 season.

First years:

Christopher Buchtmann

Deale Chamberlain

Alex Cooper

Lauri Dalla Valle

Hakan Duyan

James Ellison

Thomas Ince

Pajtim Kasami

Jack Metcalf

Adam Pepper

Michael Roberts.