You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

"Same publishers, same printers, same management, same owner, same editorial policy and control (Editor Andy Coulson being the Sun's old showbiz editor)."

And

"I do buy the News and Screws. Were have I intimated that I do not?

I was just interested to note that NOT ONE FCUKING ANTI-SUN MILITANT has uttered a SQUEAK about Gerrard's NOTW piece.

Hypocrites."

So here you are having a go at the anti sun people for not having a go at Gerrard doing a piece in the NOTW so you obviously consider the NOTW the sun yes? And there you are admitting to buying "the sun on sunday"

I'll try and find the other quote where you admit to getting and reading the sun in your office when i've got the time but for now this shows you up as a cunt. You can skirt the issue as much as you like but it doesnt wash.

"Same publishers, same printers, same management, same owner, same editorial policy and control (Editor Andy Coulson being the Sun's old showbiz editor)."

And

"I do buy the News and Screws. Were have I intimated that I do not?

I was just interested to note that NOT ONE FCUKING ANTI-SUN MILITANT has uttered a SQUEAK about Gerrard's NOTW piece.

Hypocrites."

So here you are having a go at the anti sun people for not having a go at Gerrard doing a piece in the NOTW so you obviously consider the NOTW the sun yes? And there you are admitting to buying "the sun on sunday"

I'll try and find the other quote where you admit to getting and reading the sun in your office when i've got the time but for now this shows you up as a cunt.

Did all that make sense in your head?

Here, I'll give you a hand with your quote search: I think I said that we got the S*n delivered to the office because we got ALL newspapers delivered to the office, because I work in a fucking advertising agency.

Something like that anyway. I forget, it was a few years ago after all.

I hope this helps in your quest.

Great, we can add incoherence to your list of admirable traits.

Look, WATB, I'm sure you find it rather easy to bully and shout at lots of newbies on here, but I'm sharper, cleverer and funnier than you, so I'd suggest you might go and look for an easier target, before you make an even bigger cunt out of yourself.

In my experience everytime someone has made an assertion like that it tends not to be the truth, although it has to be said my experience of it has tended to be in real life not over the t'internet so it's much easier to prove or disprove.

In my experience everytime someone has made an assertion like that it tends not to be the truth, although it has to be said my experience of it has tended to be in real life not over the t'internet so it's much easier to prove or disprove.

You're right, of course, but in this case it is true. I would imagine that it's true of most people on this site compared to Mr Angwy over here.

Here, I'll give you a hand with your quote search: I think I said that we got the S*n delivered to the office because we got ALL newspapers delivered to the office, because I work in a fucking advertising agency.

So I was on the right track then? Now to admit the rest though hopefully i'll find the quote after a bit of searching.

Got there in the end then. It's a bit like the ascent (and descent) of man, this thread. Someone carelessly scattered a bit of seed around, some bit, some swallowed and spat it out, and some took it right up the gash. We had some incoherent mumblings, a few postings representing verbal tit milk, pissing competitions, a small amount of reasoned adult debate, some bitch slapping, some more increasingly curmudgeonly backbiting, deteriorating into incoherent rambling, then flagrant and uncontrollable shite, a muted fart and some pictures of monkeys. Phew. Chris Bascombe, that was your life.

Corriere De Sport are linking us with a move for Diego. Juventus confident of signing him until we made contact last week.

Now he would be a good signing.

This thing has come up once again:

"Liverpool to miss out on Diego deal?

Potential Liverpool target Diego could be heading to Italy to join Juventus according to reports in Italian media rather than British shores as suggested in some British quarters this week. Diego has been in excellent form this season for his side Werder Bremen and has also caught the eye of Real Madrid, Inter Milan as well as Liverpool.

The attacking midfielder is a crucial part of the Werder team and Liverpool potentially hoping to emulate the success that Manchester City have enjoyed with the transfer of Elano, a similar type of player to his compatriot, have also expressed an interest in acquiring the player.

Diego is currently the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 9 goals alongside Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni. Playing behind the strikers in the Werder Bremen side Diego not only sets up goals for the strikers playing ahead of him but also makes runs ahead of the forward line to create space. The player initially caught the eye with Santos in Brazil playing in the side that reached the Copa Libertadores final playing alongside the like of Robinho, Alex and Elano.

An early move to Europe with Porto as a replacement for Deco, who had left the previous summer for Barcelona, failed to work out as Diego was unable to settle in Portugal and he opted for a move to North Germany 18 months ago. Surprisingly Diego was an instant hit in the faster paced Bundesliga and the more foreign surroundings of Germany and last season claimed 13 goals in just 33 league matches.

This season hasn't been quite as profitable as the early part was lost to injury. Once back in the team it didn't take long for Diego to find his old form and an assist against Real Madrid at the Bernabeau prompted the management of the Spanish giants to declare an interest in the talented player.

Juventus have since registered their interest as well as they look for a world class creative midfielder and there is no doubt that Diego fits the bills. The Juventus management has also been looking at Rafael van der Vaart currently under contract at Werder's near neighbours HSV Hamburg so their intentions regarding Diego aren't entirely clear at the moment.

Therefore if Liverpool do wish to make a move for the player they may face some stiff competition for Diego's signature. It is believed that Werder are ready to talk to potential bidders but have set an asking price at a hefty 26 million Euros, a fee of around £20 million. With doubts still surrounding the long term future of Rafael Benitez as well as the burden of financing the move to the new stadium such hefty transfer fees as the one shelled out for Fernando Torres and potentially for Diego could become a thing of the past.

There are also question marks about whether Diego would fit into the Liverpool system. The current Werder system is built around Diego with the Brazilian playing at the front of a diamond in midfield with two forwards ahead of him. Given licence to drift around the pitch to find space where he sees fit it is almost impossible to envisage how Diego could possibly fit into a midfield containing Steven Gerrard, who already fulfils this role.

Furthermore given his relatively small stature, Diego stands at only 5"9, it is hard to see how he could play in the Premiership in the front line against physically imposing defenders, if Liverpool wish to employ him there. Whilst Liverpool may be casting envious glances at the success of Elano in the light blue of Manchester City this season since his arrival at Eastlands, the management at Anfield would do well to remember that Santos managed to fit both players into the same team. Although both relish playing behind the front line Elano is far taller than Diego and can therefore function with greater ease as withdrawn forward.

Diego has a contract to bind him to Werder until 2012 and the player has underlined the fact that he won't jeopardize relations with his current employers as he attempts to secure a move to a bigger club. Responding to the recent transfer speculation Diego is quoted as saying: "I am happy at Bremen, and I won't declare war on the club. I would treat the club properly".

Werder may well have already planned for his departures after acquiring Mesut Ozil from Schalke in the winter transfer window. The current German U21 international has been unable to get much first team football at the Veltins Arena with Croat midfielder Ivan Rakitic blocking his path to the first team. Ozil is also a left footer and plays usually in the hole behind the strikers so there Klaus Allofs, Werder Sporting Director, may have already decided all there is left to do with regard to Diego is to agree a fee.

Whether Diego will be wearing the red of Liverpool come August is highly debatable but the talented playmaker would grace any European team at the very highest level.

Posted by Walter Townsend on Friday, 8th February 2008"

Aboutaball :: About World Football / Soccer :: Liverpool to miss out on Diego deal?

Could be a good buy. we need something creative but we also need something on the left hand side.

Didn't know we were in for Diego. I always try to search the forum before I post anything (that's how I found coops post and figured out were to place the article), but he would be a perfect buy. A Luis Garcia 2.0 (or a "new Aimar"). Great vision, a goal threat, good crosser of the ball, tricky and all that. But as qouted in the text he would cost around £20 millions. Money we don't have(?).

• 1 month later...