You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton Match Thread

Karl_b

The goal was bound to come, nicely taken by Babel who has been lively. Gerrard needs to have a little word with himself or start doing tai chi or something. He's an emotional man and no doubt the behind the scenes (though unfortunately not behind the scenes enough) stuff probably has got to him, making him a bit techity.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite happy with that, really. Luton were very good at the back and battled their hearts out while we had nearly all the ball in a congested half of the pitch. We know we struggle in situations where there's a door to be unlocked, but we didn't shit ourselves and got the goal in the end. Luton were certainly feeling the pressure - check Hutchison's one minute gesture; anyone'd've thought it was the 90th minute rather than the 45th. We'll still twat these attacking the Kop.

But, but, but he was our "best player in Athens" ™.

Actually that's bitchy. He's definitely better than he was, but his best just isn't good enough. Not his fault, mind and he'll no doubt get the eighth goal of his career now.

He has had some very good games and towards the end of last season he had definitely improved. I'd like to see him stay in and around the squad but he just doesn't offer enough in terms of goals or assists.

Excellent finish from our Ryan, who has been the best player in that half for me.

Am I the only one who never expects anything to come from a Pennant cross or corner? How many did he attempt in that half?

I disagree about Babel being the best player in the first half. He's been the most dangerous, but some of his play is ridiculously sloppy and his crossing isn't always the best.

I'm not having a go at the lad because I really like him and I think it's about time he gets a run. He's done great from the bench but he's been here a while now and we need him to really step up and fulfil a bit of his potential.

The one thing you can say about him, is the fact that he's so dangerous with his pace and shooting ability. He's definitely a striker.

Overall I think we've done okay, although the struggle to break them down was starting to frustrate the fuck out of me just before the goal. These are shite and should be battered beyond recognition.

Give him a break, will you. Several of his crosses reached the target (mostly Crouch) and his corners were mych better than Gerrard`s. Overall a good display from Pennant IMO.

I'm hardly battering on about him all the time am I? I don't think he's good enough, his crosses rarely provide assists and he's never a goal threat.

With all possible respect, fuck off Rashid. Haven't you anti-rotationalists been saying how we need to play the same team, week-in, week-out? Well, here you go. But now, that's not what you want. Whining prick.

No need for all the swear words. I've told you soft arses so many times, it's not hard to swear on here.

I don't believe in rotation in the league only mate, I don't care what team plays in FA Cup or Carling...

I'm quite happy with that, really. Luton were very good at the back and battled their hearts out while we had nearly all the ball in a congested half of the pitch. We know we struggle in situations where there's a door to be unlocked, but we didn't shit ourselves and got the goal in the end. Luton were certainly feeling the pressure - check Hutchison's one minute gesture; anyone'd've thought it was the 90th minute rather than the 45th. We'll still twat these attacking the Kop.

Agreed. Heroic defending from Luton.

Nice to see us attcking with pace and urgency (some times too much urgency).

No need for all the swear words. I've told you soft arses so many time, it's hard to do it on here.

I don't believe in rotation in the league only mate, I don't care what team plays in FA Cup or Carling...

What makes you think anyone cares what you say. All you do is fucking moan.

Fortunate to lead at the break according to Keys. I fucking hate that man so much it's unnatural.

Fortunate to lead?? That was the most one-sided 45 mins I've seen for ages. What a clueless knob that Keys is!

I think we have quite played well, but lack that killer instinct as usual...

I disagree about Babel being the best player in the first half. He's been the most dangerous, but some of his play is ridiculously sloppy and his crossing isn't always the best.

I'm not having a go at the lad because I really like him and I think it's about time he gets a run. He's done great from the bench but he's been here a while now and we need him to really step up and fulfil a bit of his potential.

The one thing you can say about him, is the fact that he's so dangerous with his pace and shooting ability. He's definitely a striker.

Overall I think we've done okay, although the struggle to break them down was starting to frustrate the fuck out of me just before the goal. These are shite and should be battered beyond recognition.

That's probably a fair assessment actually.

I think his time will come as a striker, he's shown too much or it not too.

I fully expect a few goals in the second half.