You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Free Cricket 20/20 cup for those without Sky Sports

d.k.E.

"If you tune into channel 815 on sky, it's showing all the 20-20 matches live. There is a catch though - the commentary is in urdu. However, all is not lost. If you don't know the lingo, switch the volume off and put live commentary on your radio!!! Matches are shown 8:00am till 20:30pm."

Picked this up elsewhere and thought might share with the masses...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PaddyBerger15
Two words:

Paint. Dry.

Not so mate, its been ace so far. Zimbabwe humbled the mighty Australia last night, Bangladesh turned over the West Indies this morning and every gameso far has been top entertainment.

I still can't believe Adil Rashid isn't being given a go by England.

Oh shut up Rashid. He's only played about a third of a season of first class cricket and he's had mixed results at that. He's a talent and I'm sure in the next 18 months he'll be knocking on the door, but he needs to play more county cricket before they think about bringing him on.

Oh shut up Rashid. He's only played about a third of a season of first class cricket and he's had mixed results at that. He's a talent and I'm sure in the next 18 months he'll be knocking on the door, but he needs to play more county cricket before they think about bringing him on.

One of my close mates at 32 years old now plays for Surrey - Murtaza Hussain - he is from Pakistan and has been playing minor leagues all his life in England, now he has a UK passport he went for trials and within 2 days was playing against Warks and then Somerset - signing fucking autographs!

He was a great first class cricketer in Pakistan but never got a look in due to there being so many spinners and so much politics.

As for Adil, he has one ton and 8 fifties in 29 innings - thats superb for a boy his age. He is a better spinner than Panesar although he bowls leg spin and can also bat.

Panesar's first class career average is actually better in the bowling department. That said, I'm not arguing about Rashid's ability - he's a very talented lad and with the right guidance he could go on to become a better all rounder than Freddie, I just don't want to see him rushed too much.

EDIT: My point about his lack of cricket was more to do with his inexperince and his youth rather than his ability.

Adam he will go on to be a superstar, I know lads who know him really well and he is level headed, a good kid who never stops working. He will be a future England captain without a doubt.

I don't even want to think of burdening him with that responsibility at thi stage. Let Ali Cool have that position and just see how Rashid develops. I think he needs to develop a bit more variation in his bowling (eg. a wrong 'un that turns a bit more etc) and just focus on his game for now.

His potential is huge.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Big day today in the T20 WC, two of the biggest rivalries go toe to toe: England v Convicts and India v Pakistan.

Obv want England to twat the aussies all over the park, and I think I want Pakistan to win as my team (Sussex) has 3 (ex) Pakistani bowlers, Mushi, Saqi and Rana.

Should be a grand days entertainment today Weeksie pal. Ive got a nice mug of tea on the go and settled in to enjoy it. Sri Lanka might be the good outside bet to win this tournament, they're just on now spanking the Kenyan bowling all over the park.

Should be a grand days entertainment today Weeksie pal. Ive got a nice mug of tea on the go and settled in to enjoy it. Sri Lanka might be the good outside bet to win this tournament, they're just on now spanking the Kenyan bowling all over the park.

YKI Paddy. Got a horrible feeling the aussies might fancy some surprise sex with England today, our attack is a little fragile. But we'll see. Think India will win too (although would prefer Pakistan), and you're right, Sri Lanka have got power up top and two of the best bowlers around, they can do some damage.

Final prediction: Hosts v Aussies or Sri Lanka.

Breaking news...Dravid resigns from the Indian captaincy.

Yeah I read that this morning. Strange time to announce it, although he isn't in the T20 team. They have to give the captaincy to Dhoni or Singh I would have thought, rather than one of the old timers like Sachin or Ganguly.

Guest PaddyBerger15
YKI Paddy. Got a horrible feeling the aussies might fancy some surprise sex with England today, our attack is a little fragile. But we'll see. Think India will win too (although would prefer Pakistan), and you're right, Sri Lanka have got power up top and two of the best bowlers around, they can do some damage.

Final prediction: Hosts v Aussies or Sri Lanka.

Wouldn't disagree with a word of that mate...I can see a real Aussie backlash today and some of our bowlers disappearing to all parts. I'd take India over Pakistan....just. The thing with Pakistan is you just never know what you are going to get from them.

Sri Lanka have real firepower, they can destroy any attack and their bowling might just be good enough to win matches without a great batting performance aswell.

I'm with you, any one from South Ifrika, SL and the Aussies.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Yeah I read that this morning. Strange time to announce it, although he isn't in the T20 team. They have to give the captaincy to Dhoni or Singh I would have thought, rather than one of the old timers like Sachin or Ganguly.

As you say mate, strange time to announce it. I like Dravid, I've got a lot of time for him as a player, a skipper and a fella and he has really stabilised them under his leadership.

Giving the captaincy back to Ganguly or the like is a retrograde step, but I'm not sure that Dhoni has the levels of maturity or responsibility to do a job with that weight of expectation and Singh is too young for it now, so it might just be that pro temp its given back to an old head....but I doubt Sachin would fancy it and Ganguly is way too divisive of a character, they should have learned from previous lessons where he is concerned. Maybe Yuvraj will get it for a while...hard to see many other candidates really.

As you say mate, strange time to announce it. I like Dravid, I've got a lot of time for him as a player, a skipper and a fella and he has really stabilised them under his leadership.

Giving the captaincy back to Ganguly or the like is a retrograde step, but I'm not sure that Dhoni has the levels of maturity or responsibility to do a job with that weight of expectation and Singh is too young for it now, so it might just be that pro temp its given back to an old head....but I doubt Sachin would fancy it and Ganguly is way too divisive of a character, they should have learned from previous lessons where he is concerned. Maybe Yuvraj will get it for a while...hard to see many other candidates really.

Give it to one of the hotheads like Khan or Sreesanth, that would be a laugh...

Breaking news...Dravid resigns from the Indian captaincy.

About time that, a few of the old guard need to move in now and this move I think will improve Dravid as a batsman - he is one of the best in the world at that. Giving it to Ganguly would be a joke, it has to be Dhoni and maybe then he will become a serious cricketer and not some play boy like Afridi.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Give it to one of the hotheads like Khan or Sreesanth, that would be a laugh...

Hahaha...yeah, Sreesanth as captain, that would be a giggle, every game would be a riot.

Guest PaddyBerger15
About time that, a few of the old guard need to move in now and this move I think will improve Dravid as a batsman - he is one of the best in the world at that. Giving it to Ganguly would be a joke, it has to be Dhoni and maybe then he will become a serious cricketer and not some play boy like Afridi.

The captaincy might be the making of Dhoni Rash, but he needs to get his act together sharpish if he is serious as he shows a distinct lack of on field discipline and responsibility currently. Dravids batting as captain hasn't exactly been shite like, but he might be able to relax and concentrate on just his own form now.