You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UNKLE

Stu Monty

Just heard their new tune on the radio: Burn My Shadow.

They really are painfully good sometimes. New one features Ian Astbury from The Cult which looks like it has just added to a list of great selections for vocals on their tracks.

Album out in June apparently as soon as someone finds this tune on youtube or can cut it out of the Zane Lowe's radio1 show from tonight with some digital jiggery-pokery I want it on here.

Guest PaddyBerger15
New one features Ian Astbury from The Cult which looks like it has just added to a list of great selections for vocals on their tracks.

He was a good vocalist. Love by the Cult still ranks among my favourite albums....and Dreamtime wasnt far behind.

I'm going to see Unkle in September at a festival and i'm really looking forward to seeing him, i see he's done a song with Duke spirit as well, if you haven't heard of them i recommend you do.

UNKLE are a duo mate. A collaboration between James Lavelle and DJ Shadow. I'd love to see them live, you could well be in for a treat there, brother.

UNKLE are a duo mate. A collaboration between James Lavelle and DJ Shadow. I'd love to see them live, you could well be in for a treat there, brother.

Shadow was only on the first album wasn't he? I was under the impression he got pissed off with the largely talentless (though good label owner) Lavelle getting half the credit while he actually provided all the ideas. I was sure he wasn't on the second album but I could be wrong? Lonely Soul is probably the only UNKLE track I truly love, though Psyence Fiction was pretty good as a whole.

And I have to say, without having heard the new single, that Ian Astbury has been in two of the worst bands of all time in the Cult and the Doors...

Shadow was only on the first album wasn't he? I was under the impression he got pissed off with the largely talentless (though good label owner) Lavelle getting half the credit while he actually provided all the ideas. I was sure he wasn't on the second album but I could be wrong? Lonely Soul is probably the only UNKLE track I truly love, though Psyence Fiction was pretty good as a whole.

And I have to say, without having heard the new single, that Ian Astbury has been in two of the worst bands of all time in the Cult and the Doors...

Do you not like Eye for an eye? Rabbit in the Headlights? Nursery Rhyme?

Didn't know that was the case with Shadow, thought he was still involved.

I saw dj shadow last year at the same festival, strange gig. He had a mc on stage with him who was awful, he called out "hello dublin" the gig wasn't on there in was in portlaoise, us irish are very sensitive about that.

Towards the end of the gig he played a lot of his well known stuff which was excellent. He's touring Europe this summer in a dj shadow vrs cut chemist gig which would be trousers wetting.

Mmmmmmmmm new UNKLE.

Stu - fairly certain Shadow was only involved on the first album, I think Tim Goldsworth (?) is the other main guy.

You fancy ripping the tune off the Radio1 site if you get chance mate? It's right at the start of the show.

• 1 month later...