You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Apollo 13 for me, one of my favourite ever films. Perfect escapism from the absolute fucking bollocks going on atm.

I've got the box set of From the Earth to the Moon as well, been a while since I've seen that.

I might even have a Lord of the Rings fest and watch the extended trilogy after followed by The Hobbit extended trilogy.

I've got a lot of stuff I've never watched. Probably just as well really as there won't be a better time.

I’ve just taken her niece and nephew up to that Dream in Sutton manor. I actually volunteered to do it as her uncles footy got cancelled so it gave him a chance to be home in piece on a Saturday. Apart from the absolute cunts on scrambler bikes it was a pleasant few hours. 

Im gonna start a new box set tonight. God knows what. 

1 hour ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Heard the funeral is costing 6 billion can’t be true? 

Surely to god not. And you’ll have cunts like Edwina Curry wheeled out to justify it as she was the hardest working person ever of all time the ET looking little twat. This winter has the potential to be truly deadly because of cost of living/energy etc yet these cunts can justify hiding billions through PPE and to put a dead body in the fucking ground. 

2 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Heard the funeral is costing 6 billion can’t be true? 

That’s the total cost to the economy but it is nearly all the impact of an additional bank holiday. GDP is about £8 billion a day so losing a day of productivity costs easily £6 billion. The actual funeral will be £ms not £billions. Public holidays are very expensive. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

That’s the total cost to the economy but it is nearly all the impact of an additional bank holiday. GDP is about £8 billion a day so losing a day of productivity costs easily £6 billion. The actual funeral will be £ms not £billions. Public holidays are very expensive. 

It's still the cost of the funeral really. If it wasn't for the funeral it wouldn't be a public holiday. Why couldn't it have been on a Saturday to reduce the impact? 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How much is the funeral going to cost Willard? 

Not £6 billion. Depends how you define cost ? If you mean actual additional Government spending then probably barely anything, probably £1m - £2m at most. Pretty much all of the people involved are public servants or members of the armed forces so get paid for working for the day anyway. The broadcasters do it for free for the advertising so I’m struggling to see where £ms of additional public spending goes. The economic hit of a days lost productivity is the big £6 billion impact but you could always make a personal stand and insist on going to work to reduce the cost to the economy. I won’t.