You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Chess Tournament 2007

Hermes

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewoks dancing with Princess Leia on Endor to panpipes, Aragorn gets crowned King of Gondor, E.T comes back to life, Sloth loves chunk, Forrest loves Jenny, nobody leaves Baby in the corner!

Of all the happy fictional movie moments of all-time this eclipses them all.

cartman.jpg

"Haha haha haaaaaha, Nana nana naaaaaaana you lost, you lost"

That's fucking funny!

Has this tournament been cancelled or something?

This thread is on the third page of the GF and my opponent LEF hasn't made a single move in the game we started a week ago ..

If that's right then under the rules (rule 2), see post 63-he's out.

2 weeks left of the competition and i make it The-Sir,derekhzll, scousewillis and I are the only ones through?

Any results not in by 1st Feb mean both contestants are out (post 63).

In the small print of the rules I forgot to say that if there are any unfinished games in round one, both contestants of said games are eliminated and the first player knocked out of the competition is re-instated to take their place. ;)

Thought I'd try to be quite aggressive to start, but now it's backfired horribly and I'm in trouble.

Are we playing where if one player has only a king left on the board, they can get stalemate by avoiding checkmate for 7 moves?

If in doubt, stalemate!