You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

The other kid is Bodie.

Different people have different opinions about which series is the best. I personally rate series 4 as the best. Series 2 is very good too, but almost seems like an aside from the rest of them. The ongoing arc in series two about the Stevedores is just that little bit easier to relate to than the drug dealers in series 1. There are some great characters introduced in series 2 as well. Ziggy, Frank Sobotka, Beadie etc...

Cheers.

Ziggy, I have taken an instant dislike to him. Reminds me mypost for some strange reason. My missus thinks he's ok, just a bit special.

Over the last month I've been watching through the DVDs again. I think the more I watch it the more I appreciate the little extra bits. And of course appreciate just how fucking cool Omar is, I've just finished season 4 of the run back through and without putting spoilers the whole, robbery, clock thing he does with Prop Joe is mega. Omar is the only one in it who can beat the Bunk for sheer aceness.

I like all the series but I think 4 is probably my favourite as the kids stories are so well done.

Over the last month I've been watching through the DVDs again. I think the more I watch it the more I appreciate the little extra bits. And of course appreciate just how fucking cool Omar is, I've just finished season 4 of the run back through and without putting spoilers the whole, robbery, clock thing he does with Prop Joe is mega. Omar is the only one in it who can beat the Bunk for sheer aceness.

I like all the series but I think 4 is probably my favourite as the kids stories are so well done.

Agreed. I'm on season 2 again now and always considered it the weakest of the seasons, but it's what's underneath that you don't always see at first glance. The imagiary of a 'party boat' filled with laughter and drink amidst the ruins of once great docklands is an iconic sight.

There are two others things I couldn't believe I had forgotten on season 2, both involving Nick Sobotka's girlfriend.

It was mentioned on here previously but it really is the likes of that posh girl who is buying in hamsterdam in the back of a big nice car and not interested in the guy at all in season 3, to going into old face Andre's shop and working as a hooker in season 4 to being in rehab in season 5. All in all probably less than 5 minutes on screen as well.

Already knowing the storyline frees up so much more of it and little things like Dukie giving that fan to the girl with the razor blade in the school are actually quite touching without you really noticing it first time round.

Edit: I had also forgotten just how much I would have liked so beat the living daylights out of Wee-Bey's missus. Horrible cow!

There are two others things I couldn't believe I had forgotten on season 2, both involving Nick Sobotka's girlfriend.

It was mentioned on here previously but it really is the likes of that posh girl who is buying in hamsterdam in the back of a big nice car and not interested in the guy at all in season 3, to going into old face Andre's shop and working as a hooker in season 4 to being in rehab in season 5. All in all probably less than 5 minutes on screen as well.

Already knowing the storyline frees up so much more of it and little things like Dukie giving that fan to the girl with the razor blade in the school are actually quite touching without you really noticing it first time round.

Edit: I had also forgotten just how much I would have liked so beat the living daylights out of Wee-Bey's missus. Horrible cow!

What was the score with Sobotka's bird?

Fuck, I hadn't even noticed that was the same bird buying the eight-ball in season 3, I recognised her in 4&5 but not 3, outstaning stuff.

The genius thing about Naymond's mum is that i recognise her as being like the mums of a lot of the worst kids I've ever known. They will furnish their brat with the latest games consoles and trainers, but don't provide any real love or direction.

Started season 5 again tonight.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The initial body with the serial killer with mcnulty and the bunk then when lestor gets involved is funny as fuck "We have to kill again"
Edited by Remmie

I've given up trying to get the images onto the site whilst wrapping them in NSFW tags, so you'll have to click on them yourselves

For everyone who hasn't had the pleasure of seeing the tits yet.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I feel a little let down for the following reasons.

A) I was waiting for them to appear on my tv.

B) They look a bit enhanced. And I'm a natural kind of guy.

C) I appreciate your efforts, but as I'm using my phone the pics are a bit dark to appreciate more than I am.

I'm contemplating a negging here.

I feel a little let down for the following reasons.

A) I was waiting for them to appear on my tv.

B) They look a bit enhanced. And I'm a natural kind of guy.

C) I appreciate your efforts, but as I'm using my phone the pics are a bit dark to appreciate more than I am.

I'm contemplating a negging here.

A) Nobody made you click them

B) They move like they are natural on the show

C) I never took the screenshots, so if the images are dark it's not my fault.

If you neg then you will be the biggest gay on this site....negging somebody for posting boobs....really?

I've decided to neg you for being gay, enjoy the rest of The Wire homo.

A) Nobody made you click them

B) They move like they are natural on the show

C) I never took the screenshots, so if the images are dark it's not my fault.

If you neg then you will be the biggest gay on this site....negging somebody for posting boobs....really?

I've decided to neg you for being gay, enjoy the rest of The Wire homo.

Haha.

Finally got round to watching this.

Coming up to the end if Season 1.

McNulty appears to be a massive pain in the arse who just wants to what he gets paid. But fuck me, I want to punch his face in sometimes.

I'm warning to D'Angelo as he's got a heart. And it's funny where Wee-Bay takes him to his house and he thinks he's worse getting shot or they are going bump off little; but he's only there to look after Wee-Bay's fish.

Stringer and Avon are a great duo, Avon with anger and muscle, Stringer with the brains.

One person is awesome though and that's Omar; the crazy fucker. I can't see him not having a huge part to play in the rest of the seasons.

I also like Bunk and your man Freeman too, cool mother fucker.

I'm sure some of you are all sitting there chuckling at me because I'm so far behind in getting into this, and have no idea what's coming. However by the end of tonight I will have completed season 1 and be up to Episode 3 of Season 2.

I haven't even checked any if this thread to get any spoilers, which gas been very tempting.

Think envious would be more accurate.

The scene in season 1 where Mcnulty confronts Daniels and asks him what Burrell has on him, at the lift, is a thing of raw beauty. Daniels is fucking great at demonstrating anger; his eyes bulge, his jaw clenches and with his bald head, he looks ready to rip someones head off.