You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

My usually sound Evertonian friend told me last night that Bayern had sacked Tuchel immediately after the game and announced Xabi was replacing him for next season.

I guess Xabi might end up going there but I still hope Everton go down and go bankrupt. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I reckon he’d go Munich before here. Win the League this season, move to Munich where he’d probably win the League next season, Then Madrid whenever he wants. 

Nah..if he wins then league this season, he's won the German league. If FSG want him (and that is still a big if imo), the only way he doesn't come here is to go to Madrid, which seems pretty unlikely. What type of challenge will munich be when he's just beat them to the title? The German league is not the challenge here, so he gets to return to us, a chance to win the toughest league in the world, go head to head with his old coach guardiola (which may be a time limited opportunity), has a good squad to begin with, but he's a chance of shaping in his own image. 

The Liverpool job is perfect for him next. The only thing that trumps it is real Madrid, because nobody who's played there will say no to them. 

Even if you take away the fact Alonso used to play for us, he’s still the best candidate.

Lower budget than other sides in the league, had to generate some of his budget by selling Diaby, plays great football with mostly young players, doing well in Europe, taking on and beating bigger / richer clubs…

Name somebody else doing the same? 

De Zerbi, Frank, Nagelsmann etc might all be good coaches, none of them are taking on the bigger sides and first in the league, in the cup semi final (which they should win) and a decent chance in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Antynwa said:

If it's not Xabi I think there is an argument to convince Ljinders. 

convince ljinders of what exactly? if we offered him the job, he would surely jump at it. surely it's the other way round, if he wants the job he needs to convince FSG? After failing as a manager before, his "data" wouldn't indicate he would be up to this job. 

I’m not worried about this Bayern stuff or how SSN having pundits on saying Xabi would prefer Bayern… IMO, it’s a clear attempt from Bayern to destabilise Leverkusen in the run in. 

I’m sure he is on Bayerns radar and they would consider him for the position, however, all this leaking stuff early is a dirty campaign to unsettle their rivals. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

convince ljinders of what exactly? if we offered him the job, he would surely jump at it. surely it's the other way round, if he wants the job he needs to convince FSG? After failing as a manager before, his "data" wouldn't indicate he would be up to this job. 

Maybe a bit of both

Think it's a lose lose for him with us. If he wins he's just taken over a ready made job and it's Klopp team, anything but the same success and he's failed. Probably wants to go test himself on his own merits

55 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not worried about this Bayern stuff or how SSN having pundits on saying Xabi would prefer Bayern… IMO, it’s a clear attempt from Bayern to destabilise Leverkusen in the run in. 

I’m sure he is on Bayerns radar and they would consider him for the position, however, all this leaking stuff early is a dirty campaign to unsettle their rivals. 

It’s probably two-fold. I’d imagine they’ve a genuine interest in him as he’s taken their league by storm.

A slight concern would be how well run they generally are as a club (signing Eric Dier aside), which would obviously be attractive, and of course he’s an ex-player there too.