You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

He’s played us, simple as that. He’ll have known that any other club agreeing a fee with Brighton would force Chelsea’s hand.

If he wanted to come here, he’d be in Liverpool now having his medical. The only reason he’s still in London is obvious.

The club have done nothing wrong here in isolation. How we got to this point is another matter.

We should fuck him off anyway. If you’re hanging around giving the cockney fraud’s another bite of the cherry you can fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Large part of me doesn't want us to sign him either way now. Not that we are some moral bastions of football but as a club I do think we should pride ourselves on our players knowing how fucking special it is to play for Liverpool football club.

My worry is that we have no other plan. I would love if out of nowhere we have agreed a 110M deal for Tchoumeni with Real. But that doesn't look to have legs. Looking at the CDM market there isn't much else out there and I would be somewhat dissapointed if Lavia is who we are left with (despite thinking he's a great prospect).

10 minutes ago, Baresi said:

If you believe that we have not had some encouragement about him being willing to join us for a fee of £111m, then I can't really help you.  

That's what I'm saying though, there may have been some affirmation from the agent or player in which case there isn't much the club can do, if however that was tangential or not wholly confirmed then the club have made a pretty significant mistake.

the notion the Club will be able to get Lavia in now for £50m seem pretty remote.

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

klopp knew there was no chance. he said this morning "we've agreed a fee with the club. we will see what that means". it could be a game from any angle - we might have just wanted to squeeze more money out of chelsea to fuck them over lavia. chelsea's last bid was 80m before the auction, brighton wanted 100m. we bid 110m as you do. 

i don't believe for 1 second we were at the table to buy him. either he has played us or we were happy to fuck chelsea a bit and make the owners look smashing lads for putting the money on the table that they picked back up about 8 hours later. 

I haven't seen Klopp speaking this morning, only read his quotes.

Maybe he was really positive and enthusiastic? But simply reading what he said indicated he was someone who knew it wasn't likely, and maybe even a bit puzzled by the agreement with Brighton.

That's another reason I don't think we necessarily intended this deal to happen.

Brighton had set a fee in excess of £100m for Caicedo and had said they felt no-one would reach it. Chelsea are believed to have bid £80m previously.

Even Brighton didn't think anyone would be daft enough to pay over £100M for this lad. It's an absolute rip-off and we are being made mugs of. Walk away and get the season started.

32 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Chelsea have no incentive to rush this one through do they. The price has been set, the player has assured them he’ll wait for them. If they want him they can take their time, hindering us. If they don’t want him they can take their time, hindering us. Hopefully Brighton tell them to get fucked and give them till tea time. Then we just have to negotiate our way through the end of the window with the whole world knowing we have £110m burning a hole in our pockets.

Brighton need to replace two thirds of their starting midfield in any case and Milner and Dahoud aren't doing that.

They will want to finalize this asap.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Love how this thread has swung from amusement and self deprecating humour at start through to 'fucking hell we are bertie big bollocks, have that everyone else' to absolute woe - all in less than 24 hrs.

Boss.

Another swing yet?

Ye off a fucking rope

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average