You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Who the fuck is this Andre jabroni? 

I scouted him a few weeks ago on Transfer Market.co.uk, 21yr old, 1 Brazilian cap. He and the Argentinian left/centre back from Lens Funky cold Medina were my proposed targets.

scouting is a piece of piss

14 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Literally the only reason to sell Fabinho is that they’re offering a sum too good to turn down. Take away that incentive and keeping him an extra year is infinitely more appealing.

I just don’t see the offer as that given the touted figures for his replacements. 40m is fuck all these days in football.

Just now, sir roger said:

Probably too late in his career. but watching Mo putting through balls for Nunez yesterday I wondered whether he could play as a number 10.

It’s where I see him ending up once he becomes unable to beat his man. I think a lot of his game gets overlooked due to his pace and goals but he has a lovely weight of pass and without the pace he could be a sort of Bobby for us if he sticks around long enough.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn’t be devastated to wave Henderson off but have Fabinho stay another season. Seems the lesser of evils to keep him for another year to help bring Lavia on, while we properly plan how to replace him and Thiago’s roles in the squad next year, rather than scrabbling round now trying to replace him and Henderson at the same time with whatever is still available.

However much any of us may a) want both of them gone now and/or b) want to bank the fees on offer, that’s seemingly not the plan Klopp has been working to for this summer and it could cost us heavily if both go and we can’t add someone of the right level, which seems highly likely.

Henderson moved on, reconstituted midfield including 3 younger, fresher, hungrier new players and the injection of competition and energy they should bring, Lavia having a year to learn from Fabinho plus two senior pros still on the books during a big transition in midfield would hopefully mitigate some of the inevitable growing pains we’re going to see.

All about balance, and replacing nearly every midfielder older than about 12 at the same time in a side where organisation and knowing how the manager wants to play is as essential as it is in a Klopp side is massively risky.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Literally the only reason to sell Fabinho is that they’re offering a sum too good to turn down. Take away that incentive and keeping him an extra year is infinitely more appealing.

I disagree. Disregarding the money for a moment, who wouldn't want to keep the Fabinho who was outstanding in his first few years at the club?

Problem is, that player disappeared 18 months ago, he's already gone. The imposter wearing his number 3 shirt cannot run, his tackling and passing are atrocious, the remnnants of Fabinho aren't worth a lucky bag, let alone the ludicrous fee on offer.

Lavia will learn from Klopp, and Thiago, and the rest of the coaching and playing staff.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Wouldn’t be devastated to wave Henderson off but have Fabinho stay another season. Seems the lesser of evils to keep him for another year to help bring Lavia on, while we properly plan how to replace him and Thiago’s roles in the squad next year, rather than scrabbling round now trying to replace him and Henderson at the same time with whatever is still available.

However much any of us may a) want both of them gone now and/or b) want to bank the fees on offer, that’s seemingly not the plan Klopp has been working to for this summer and it could cost us heavily if both go and we can’t add someone of the right level, which seems highly likely.

Henderson moved on, reconstituted midfield including 3 younger, fresher, hungrier new players and the injection of competition and energy they should bring, Lavia having a year to learn from Fabinho plus two senior pros still on the books during a big transition in midfield would hopefully mitigate some of the inevitable growing pains we’re going to see.

All about balance, and replacing nearly every midfielder older than about 12 at the same time in a side where organisation and knowing how the manager wants to play is as essential as it is in a Klopp side is massively risky.

Thiago will be the one showing Lavia and Bacjetic the ropes I think. We don’t need him and Fab to do that.

• Upvote 1

I took some strays on the podcast after saying that Fab had to go, but he does. You can’t put in a spell of performances like that and survive; not if we’re serious about challenging again.

Pre-Klopp we were a club who loved a player who had a 9/10 run of games but with some 5’s in there too. What took us to that next level was consistency, so it’s the right decision to be ruthless based on what happened.

Other players dropped off too but none as extreme as Fabinho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I took some strays on the podcast after saying that Fab had to go, but he does. You can’t put in a spell of performances like that and survive; not if we’re serious about challenging again.

Pre-Klopp we were a club who loved a player who had a 9/10 run of games but with some 5’s in there too. What took us to that next level was consistency, so it’s the right decision to be ruthless based on what happened.

Other players dropped off too but none as extreme as Fabinho.

If we could sign someone like Tchouameni or if the prices for a player like Doucoure were reasonable, it would give us a sporting reason to sell.

But as it stands, Lavia and keeping Fabinho is a good solution on the pitch, short and long term.

We need to be better - the competition are better and stronger than ever.

Players in terminal decline like Henderson and Fabinho are not going to help us get better - they are the problem, not the solution.

The fact we seem to be getting 50m for the pair of them to put towards the solution is IMO a big, big bonus and an opportunity we would be mad to pass up.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You would also hope that the press being blown 5 times a game won't happen anymore so the opportunity for the opposition to be three on one with Fabinho would lessen.

The press used to get blown before then and Fab would clean it up. He just stopped being able to do that and it really cost us.

I don’t subscribe to the view that Fab was generally a victim of the team press falling apart, if anything i’d say it was the other way around and I think Klopp sees it that way too.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The press used to get blown before then and Fab would clean it up. He just stopped being able to do that and it really cost us.

I don’t subscribe to the view that Fab was generally a victim of the team press falling apart, if anything i’d say it was the other way around and I think Klopp sees it that way too.

It's not one or the other, it's both.

He declined, but not as much as people think as part of that decline was being completely exposed tactically and by the press breaking down more often.