You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Hendo will never be sold. He'll leave when his contract expires, although he might sign one more on lower terms, similar to what Milner did.

There's no way Klopp is losing Milner and Hendo in the same window, he values his leadership too much.

This so called leadership they bring/brought did fuck all for us last season. Quality is what matters...needs to be dropped and stripped of the captaincy, he'll soon find a club if he wants to play for ingurland so much.

Fuck Ingerlund.

The bigger question for me is, is Henderson capable of contributing enough for us this coming season - he looks to me as a player who is not far off done at top level.

Maybe he'll be more effective with a lighter schedule if we aren't as reliant on him and can use him more sparingly - but i am really unsure if he has much left to offer us.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Razoray said:

I think Henderson would retire (or hsve been retired by Southgate) if the competition for the midfield places was similar to the forward places or the right back position, but he will almost definitely be picked for the Euros. 

Rice and Bellingham are bankers but the rest - Eze, Phillips, Mount, Gallagher, Ward-Prowse screams average. 

Yep, he was good in the World Cup, and he gets picked in the first team on merit, so he’s probably not going to retire.

Do you reckon Real Madrid fans have been calling for Modric to retire from Croatia for the past 4 years?

Not a fan of the Hendo in the Milner role idea. They're English midfielders and in their 30s, that's about the only way they gave similar roles. 

You could always rely on Milner to add a bit of aggression to our game when he came on as a sub, we could be losing a game and heads would start to drop, or even times we were winning but starting to lose control of the game you could bring Milner on and he'd make a few strong tackles, fly in to 50/50s, bollock the lads and we'd look more settled again. 

Just can't see that with Hendo. 

On 16/06/2023 at 07:39, TD_LFC said:

Not disagreeing with that in the slightest, but for three consecutive windows all the focus was on attacking players even up to January when we were crying out for a midfielder and dropped 40 on Gakpo (to our benefit long term).

Now whether the Gakpo signing was an enforced move to correct the summer and we may have targeted a midfielder instead if we didn't need that correction is up for debate.

The only brief flirting with a midfielder seems to have been at the tail end of the season after last  when there may have been an opportunity to sign Tchouameni but the minute that was off the table it was straight back to strikers rather than an alternative which suggests it was opportunistic more than anything.

The issue for me is not should we have been buying forwards or midfielders, a little look at how few forwards we had available for most of the season shows you we needed them. The question is with the turnover we have why we're are completely unable to do both? If we'd have been all in on midfielders instead, we'd have all still been here complaining where the forwards and goals were. We've done the right thing with the forwards and took gambles that numbers in midfield would save those tight cunts in Boston getting the job done. 

On 16/06/2023 at 12:20, JohnnyH said:

The next Euro's is 12 months away.  England will have a great chance of winning it. Possibly favourites in fact.  I think Henderson is nervous of retiring now and then in 12 months watching all his teammates wining a major International honour and thinks he can manage another year and then retire.  And if you like international football, which most players clearly do, then I can see his reasoning, even if I disagree with it.

It's sound for him to want to play for England, that's how the game is structured. But he must know it means he can't perform at the required level for his club if he does and he's insulting the people who actually pay his wages by delivering subpar performance levels on 180k per week.

And if he doesn't know it'll impact his performance levels, it's because he doesn't want to admit it, because it's clear for anyone to see. If we go into next season with 8 midfielders and he chooses to carry on with this fucking nonsense with England, then he'd be my 8th choice and I'd be making someone else team captain and just let him be club captain. See how many fucking England games he'll play then when he's managed about 4 games in the uefa cup for his club and doesn't make the bench most weeks. 

5 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I think Hendo will be needed most in the early part of the season, when the new players are bedding in. We'll need him to keep pushing the others to stay in their shape. After that, more of a Milner kind of role for him.

You are forgetting our inevitable injury crisis.

On 16/06/2023 at 01:01, an tha said:

I keep seeing phrases like generational talent etc thrown around when describing him - that too feels OTT to me as it stands.

I think that would be evident if he had joined Klopp and the lads a few years ago. But hindsight and all that.

• 2 months later...

Emre Can saying Belli gham had started getting a attitude on and of the pitch at Dortmund leading to issues in the dressing room. 

Christian Falk shared details of Emre Can’s private conversation with the England international, noting issues with the player’s ‘body language around his teammates’.

“I think every boss in the club would be happy to still have Jude Bellingham available on the pitch. That said, it’s also true that there were problems in the dressing room,” 

“He was the third captain, of course, but he’s a very young player. To have such airs about you at 19 years of age… he let the others in the squad feel that he was better than them, but he didn’t always show it on the pitch.

“He’s always the player who leads from the front but the team didn’t see him when they exited the Champions League – those weren’t his best performances. 

“Emre Can took him to the side once and told him that his body language around his teammates was not okay. If he was an experienced player, it’s one thing, but to be so young without any big titles to his name, he wasn’t in such a position.

Remember seeing this and thinking it was a prick move. Not saying we didn't lose out not getting him or anything. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Emre Can saying Belli gham had started getting a attitude on and of the pitch at Dortmund leading to issues in the dressing room. 

Christian Falk shared details of Emre Can’s private conversation with the England international, noting issues with the player’s ‘body language around his teammates’.

“I think every boss in the club would be happy to still have Jude Bellingham available on the pitch. That said, it’s also true that there were problems in the dressing room,” 

“He was the third captain, of course, but he’s a very young player. To have such airs about you at 19 years of age… he let the others in the squad feel that he was better than them, but he didn’t always show it on the pitch.

“He’s always the player who leads from the front but the team didn’t see him when they exited the Champions League – those weren’t his best performances. 

“Emre Can took him to the side once and told him that his body language around his teammates was not okay. If he was an experienced player, it’s one thing, but to be so young without any big titles to his name, he wasn’t in such a position.

Remember seeing this and thinking it was a prick move. Not saying we didn't lose out not getting him or anything. 

Made up we fucked him off now. 

A ploy to get fans to 'forgive' Dortmund and LFC for not keeping or buying him? Modern football and Social Media are snake pits of propaganda and disinformation. I tend to believe he was no more of a cunt than most young footballers being catapulted from very good money into superstar money. This behaviour is crucial for signing and playing for Real Madrid. Cunts to a man regardless of Bellingham.

• 2 months later...

What a season he is having! Even though he's moved to a different league where the game is played more defensively and with more shithouse antics and questionable refereeing than in the Bundesliga, he has settled in far quicker than anyone would have expected. Prior Champions League experience will have helped, but also the fact that he is no stranger to playing abroad.