You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We turned over 598m last season. Over 200m of that didn't include wages. There's loads of cash. I don't know how they're juggling their accounts to not show profits, but there's got to be bags of cash. 

Probably some of this to begin with.

Amortisation    £102,714,000.00
Impairment    £198,000.00
Depreciation of fixed assets    £11,362,000.00
lease rentals    £2,817,000.00
audit fees    £75,000.00
Tax advisory    £59,000.00
Disposabal assets    £164,000.00
*social security costs    £39,789,000.00
*pensions    £2,776,000.00
director renumeration    £3,358,000.00
defered receipts    £649,000.00
bank interest    £244,000.00
defererred payments    £680,000.00
interest loan and overdraft    £2,424,000.00
other    £369,000.00
tax on income/loss    £1,681,000.00

*depending on what wage figure you're looking at

2 minutes ago, navbasi said:

Summary of the financial period: 

• Covers the first full season post-pandemic
  • Media revenue fell by £5m to £261m
  • Matchday revenue rose by £83m to £86m
  • Commercial revenue rose by £29m to £247m
  • Administrative costs rose by £69m to £545m
  • Overall revenue rose by £107m to £594m
  • Profit before tax was £7.5m

I wonder how match day revenue the year before could have been £83m? It was a covid season..

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

So let's say an extra 6,000 or so on the crowd each game next season.

Whatever increases we get on sponsorship deals.

Does that cover the European Cup money and leave us roughly the same?

No chance it covers loss of 100m, but I'm sure 100m needs us to get to the final. 

We'll be adding a decent amount of hospitality in the rd end, if we're turning over £86m on 54k seats, we could maybe add another £10m, but of course we won't have CL receipts in that scenario. 

But for our wages to be as high as they are (it was more than £350m iirc), then we must save 10s of millions in bonuses in a season such as this year. And with no CL next year that must provide opportunity for knock on savings. 

I just don't believe being out of the CL hurts us for 1 year. In fact I've heard mention in the past that we budget so if we don't make it it doesn't hurt us - can't remember who that was now who said it. It won't stop that being an excuse of course. But then there's always an excuse isn't there? They were blaming the cost of electricity the other week. 

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

audit fees    £75,000.00
other    £369,000.00

I like Other - that is a good line item.

17 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Mo's Bumper contract and Sadio leaving (who arguably worked harder and made life easier for the midfield) would be my guess. I'm sure VVD in particular would have fancied himself to be the highest earner at the club. 

I think VVD fucked up when he told Klopp Nunez was unplayable and we must sign him after he roasted him playing for Benfica.

A few training sessions in and it must have got a bit awkward between them.

In all seriousness, the Salah new contract/selling Mane seems a costly error for a club/ownership that seems to pride itself  on moneyball

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

audit fees    £75,000.00
other    £369,000.00

Interesting..social security costs used to be included in the wages. As did pensions. As did directors renumeration. I would be shocked if they are not still now. 

As for amortisation, that's a bit of smoke and mirrors for accounting purposes though isn't it..so it's great for the balance sheet, but doesn't reflect any sort of reality. So when we look at a turnover of 598m, nobody has taken 102m to the amortisation man. It's just an accountancy loss on already spent transfer fees.

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder how match day revenue the year before could have been £83m? It was a covid season..

No chance it covers loss of 100m, but I'm sure 100m needs us to get to the final. 

We'll be adding a decent amount of hospitality in the rd end, if we're turning over £86m on 54k seats, we could maybe add another £10m, but of course we won't have CL receipts in that scenario. 

But for our wages to be as high as they are (it was more than £350m iirc), then we must save 10s of millions in bonuses in a season such as this year. And with no CL next year that must provide opportunity for knock on savings. 

I just don't believe being out of the CL hurts us for 1 year. In fact I've heard mention in the past that we budget so if we don't make it it doesn't hurt us - can't remember who that was now who said it. It won't stop that being an excuse of course. But then there's always an excuse isn't there? They were blaming the cost of electricity the other week. 

Yeah i believe we average around 3m a home game now...so let's say roughly 10% extra with new stand will bring in an extra 300k a game.

That is if we say 30 home games max across all comps (which may be a bit high) is only 9m...but 10% increase may be slightly under estimating so let's say ball park increased gate receipts are around 10m.

Not sure about sponsorship deals.

But probably when add in all the wage stuff/bonuses etc then it all probably for 1 year comes out not a million miles away from being level - but watch the headline news being total revenue is down and therefore profit down too.

It is hard to see given our model how we spend significant money!

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah i believe we average around 3m a home game now...so let's say roughly 10% extra with new stand will bring in an extra 300k a game.

That is if we say 30 home games max across all comps (which may be a bit high) is only 9m...but 10% increase may be slightly under estimating so let's say ball park increased gate receipts are around 10m.

Not sure about sponsorship deals.

But probably when add in all the wage stuff/bonuses etc then it all probably for 1 year comes out not a million miles away from being level - but watch the headline news being total revenue is down and therefore profit down too.

It is hard to see given our model how we spend significant money!

Don't forget the 2% ticket increase that's going to bring in a whopping £1.5m for the season!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, navbasi said:

Don't forget the 2% ticket increase that's going to bring in a whopping £1.5m for the season!

Really narks me when they do this - it makes no difference at all to club, but squeezes people already being squeezed to fuck by a cost of living crisis.

I know they'll point to prices haven't gone up in recent years - but for me it does not wash.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Interesting..social security costs used to be included in the wages. As did pensions. As did directors renumeration. I would be shocked if they are not still now. 

As for amortisation, that's a bit of smoke and mirrors for accounting purposes though isn't it..so it's great for the balance sheet, but doesn't reflect any sort of reality. So when we look at a turnover of 598m, nobody has taken 102m to the amortisation man. It's just an accountancy loss on already spent transfer fees.

Social security and pensions have always been distinct lines in the accounts under the heading of wages, that's why I flagged them, it depends on whether people use just the figure from the wages line or the total wages.

For amortisation yeah it's just a legal framework but the reverse of that is that it all doesn't get loaded on a single year, read somewhere that transfer debt is around 95 million but can't remember where so don't hold me to it (and we'll obviously have incoming transfer money that will eventually offset it).

We seem to have signalled pretty strongly to the media the decision to pull out is final and for some reason it was important to us to have this message out as soon as possible. Which is a bit strange.

So I think Dave can start getting his pitchfork ready now.

They are fuckers but we the fans and Jurgen are the only ones to blame. Both sides have the power to do something about this. Jurgen could walk into any club in the world - it’s about time he changed his tune and started demanding for the good of his job and reputation. 

they won’t force him out because he’s the golden goose and if they did the fans would come down on them like a ton of bricks and the last thing they want is bad press and a turning crowd, it’s their weakness.

And our stadium fan base need to be vocal and stop taking the moral high ground. We are slipping slowly away from the pack. Stop pretending we are fucking pariahs. Make your voice heard. It’s not just one bad season, it’s about constant lack of investment masked by a certain man’s ability.

we need to get these out, they don’t deserve this club, it’s history and the loyal fan base, they don’t care or show interest, we are just a line item in an asset sheet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

We seem to have signalled pretty strongly to the media the decision to pull out is final and for some reason it was important to us to have this message out as soon as possible. Which is a bit strange.

So I think Dave can start getting his pitchfork ready now.

I feel they were genuinely afraid that they'd end up in a drawn out chase for him and miss out and then like last summer after missing out on top target also not being able to get alternatives.

There are more clubs now than ever with spending power and we probably face most competitive transfer market for an age and one we may very well be going into at our least attractive for a while, with competitors like Man Utd and Newcastle and Arsenal all reinvigorated and looking more attractive than have in years and with the pull of European Cup football.

I feel we want our business done decsively and early - so we can have a full pre season bedding in a good number of new players - knowing the score with what may have been our biggest outlay right up front is probably seen as key to the whole planning of our summer and how we proceed, it affects who else we then go after based on whether we were getting Bellingham or if we weren't....We now appear to know, so there is no excuse now not to implement a plan and execute it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

we need to get these out, they don’t deserve this club, it’s history and the loyal fan base, they don’t care or show interest, we are just a line item in an asset sheet.

If you could have another club's owners, who would you choose?

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you could have another club's owners, who would you choose?

Someone who puts the on field activities first and has a genuine interest in how we compete.

This is the honest truth from me regarding FSG. I wouldn’t give a damn how much money they made as long as their interests to our on pitch activities came first. If they said to Jurgen every summer “you’ve got 150 mil plus sales” I think we could work that. We’ve proved that you don’t need an oil state to be competitive, but what’s happened now is that we spend way under what we were and we always have to sell first to bring in any new players.

I can only remember three examples when FSG went out and splashed cash. When we sold Torres, when we needed top four and when we sold Coutinho.

They are the only times I can remember them really putting their hands in their pockets. The first one they had cash and needed a replacement, the second time was necessity and the third was simply a windfall.

As with their other franchises it’s either feast or famine, but stakeholders come first every time. I can’t subscribe to that and none of you should regardless of the last five years. We play to compete and win its in our dna. Anything else and we might as well not exist.

It’s almost like we could do with a new kind of continental league for those who aren’t sponsored by an oil state, who can then maximise their income potential by playing similar sized clubs, who also aren’t backed by a small country or oil state and with these additional and more lucrative revenue streams for TV and advertising - give these non oil state or small country backed clubs, a realistic chance to compete on a financial basis season in, season out, I guess. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, an tha said:

It would be quite stunning if we don't address our glaring, already long overdue to be fixed problems this summer.

It would also leave us facing an absolute mountain to even get near the top table again anytime soon....

My gut feel is they know they face a spend and a significant one and it is time to do something or get off the pot!

They had better be prepared to spend on the right players and not the right priced players. Failure this summer will expose them and they will lose whatever fanbase they have left.

18 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

They had better be prepared to spend on the right players and not the right priced players. Failure this summer will expose them and they will lose whatever fanbase they have left.

That sums it up perfectly for me the right players not the right priced players. Fsg need to spend and if its more than they'd like too its unfortunate but football has gone this way and if your happy to want 4 or 4 billion for the club because foitbslls gone that way don't baulk at the cost of competing. Its one window or two you need to front up.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

We’ll sign  mount and Nunes and balance it out with sales of Kelleher and Phillips. They are blag merchants who have no business running a club of our supposed stature. How much more evidence is needed? Get the cunts out now. 

The stature of our club cannot be questioned, irrespective of who our owners are.

10 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

It's the exact same bollocks that the Tories come out with.

Deliberately underfund, then say that's there's no money left or they can't afford to invest, whilst simultaneously flying around on Private jets living in luxury.

And like Tory supporters there's loads of them who will blindly support them no matter what they do. They also keep telling everyone that the alternative is far worse than what it is now by telling people that they should be careful what they wish for. 

• Upvote 1