You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Book of Boba Fett

skend04

I certainly felt the latest episode was a big dip in quality. Those speeder bikes seemed the least Star Wars thing I’ve ever seen. And the tension of that chase scene involving them was non-existent. Thought Black Krrsantan was wasted too. Loads more examples too of poor quality control.  

On 12/01/2022 at 22:36, Juniper said:

I think we’re also closer to more cancelled projects than releases since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Feels that they announce things to keep the shareholders happy at Disney, without projects / scripts set in stone. 

Some of the ones I can remember, not mentioning the director firings (Solo, Rise of Skywalker…etc) 

Pattie Jenkin’s Rogue Squadron Film - now delayed “indefinitely”

Rangers of The New Republic show

Rian Johnson Trilogy 

Benioff & Weiss’s Film

James Mangold’s Boba Fett film (granted the character now has a show)

Obi Wan film (granted this is now a show)

Does feel that they need more of a vision about directions they want to go in, like with Marvel.

Bit of a poorly run studio at the moment. 

I don't think they really know what to do with it. The failure (relatively speaking) of the ST & Solo made them rethink their ideas but they still seem a little lost and unsure what to do. Add in Kathleen Kennedy and it's all a bit of a mess.  

I'm enjoying TBoBF but realise it's not perfect. I do think it shows promise and the next season of The Mandalorian should be good if they concentrate on the Darksaber issues.  Obi-Wan interests me due to the return of Vader, however the fact they need to bring back Vader shows they have few ideas outside of OT charaters.

I also think they seriously over estimated how much interest in Star Wars there was outside of fans of the OT. 
Interesting times ahead & at least new Star Wars is better than new Star Trek!

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I certainly felt the latest episode was a big dip in quality. Those speeder bikes seemed the least Star Wars thing I’ve ever seen. And the tension of that chase scene involving them was non-existent. Thought Black Krrsantan was wasted too. Loads more examples too of poor quality control.  

I'm still on board with it but the mod / biker gang is ludicrous, as was the slowest "chase" in the history of cinema. 

That episode (for me anyway) made up for the last one. The cyberpunk stuff doesn’t bother me, Anakin and Luke had robot hands. 

I reckon there’s another season where Crimson Dawn come in as Boba’s crew beat the Pykes. Unless the last 3 episodes are longer. 

Also really hope it brings in some old school bounty hunters in, like Bosk, Cad Bane (how they’d do him? not sure) or Dengar. If Bane came in, he’d be a baddie. 

Don’t think there will be much in terms of flashbacks either. 

33 minutes of a 49 minute episode dedicated to flash backs and we finally get some progression in the story in the final 16 minutes (though it was much much better than last weeks overall)

3 episodes left for it to do something of note, I hope it's more than just the Pykes, quite why these piscine motherfuckers would be interested in a desert planet that relies on moisture farmers to harvest excess humidity from the atmosphere is anyone's guess.

They should be bothering Maz Kanata on Takodana, far more water readily available.

11 hours ago, Juniper said:

The best episode yet but that’s not really saying much. A bit of a weak series, so far. 

Confused why he went back to the Sarlacc pit to look for his armour though, when they showed him crawl out of it with it still on in Episode 1.

When he was out of it in the desert, didn’t Jawas take it off him and then sold it to Timothy Olyphant’s character in The Mandolorian? 

• Upvote 1

I read there is meant to be a big surprise cameo in the last episode. 

Considering this has had no tie ins to any of the prequels or sequels, I can only think it’s Mando coming back to save the day.

Given his story didn’t have much to go at the end of season 2 (aside form his rift with Bo-Katan) it felt his story finished with Grogu. 

Coming back at the end of this would likely set up Season 3 of that. 

11 hours ago, Juniper said:

The best episode yet but that’s not really saying much. A bit of a weak series, so far. 

Confused why he went back to the Sarlacc pit to look for his armour though, when they showed him crawl out of it with it still on in Episode 1.

I don’t think he remembers the Jawas taking it off him. He was dehydrated and delusional/hallucinating/nearly dead, so it makes some sense that he forgot. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I read there is meant to be a big surprise cameo in the last episode. 

Considering this has had no tie ins to any of the prequels or sequels, I can only think it’s Mando coming back to save the day.

Given they played Din Djarin's theme loudly at the end of this episode when Fennec says "you can buy muscle if you know where to look" I'm not sure it's that big a surprise.

There's a fair chance Cara Dune isn't returning but whether we also see Bo Katan and the rest of Death Watch?

Season 3 of Mando is probably going to deal with Mandalorian lore and the black saber so I doubt we'll see her and Mando meet in this.

• Upvote 1

I don't think this is a great show but I am enjoying it. Love that the droid 8D8 has a major role as I remember him well from the vintage action figure series. Production sometimes looks a bit cheap, almost Star Trek-esque at times, perhaps they've pared back the budget.

I wonder if the introduction of Black Krrsantan could be a way of bringing Doctor Aphra from the comics into the live-action universe.

Either way it's quite cool having a deranged Wookiee bounty hunter running amok. Pissed myself laughing when he ripped that Trandoshan's arm off. Although I'm not sure if casual viewers might grasp that those two species have long-running issues.

56 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Production sometimes looks a bit cheap, almost Star Trek-esque at times, perhaps they've pared back the budget.

I presume ILM are using the same StageCraft tech they used on the second season of the Mandalorian which is supposedly quicker and cheaper than 'traditional' green screen effects.

Whether the tangible foreground set design was rushed I don't know.

The tech itself is really impressive if anyone is interested in that kind of stuff.

It was the best episode of the series so far, but that's a bit of a double-edged sword because it just highlighted that The Mandalorian is a better show than The Book of Boba Fett.

It's funny that since the episode came out, prices on Naboo starfighter toys have rocketed. Last week you could hardly give them away. I'll have to check the loft later to see if I have one with the rest of the Episode I crap.