You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Book of Boba Fett

skend04

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Loved it. Looking forward to where it takes us.  Liked the way they told us what happened to him post Jedi.  

Thought the escape was really underwhelming, felt like the were obliged to do it but wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Thought the escape was really underwhelming, felt like the were obliged to do it but wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

I agree. I wanted to see more of that. I’d rather more of that than getting beaten up by Sand People.

Overall though, I thought it was a promising start. 

21 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not doing it for me, they need to reign in the flash backs which took up at least two thirds of the latest episode.

I really like how they are telling the story. I do agree that the flashback went on a little too long but I'm hoping by end of next episode we're all caught up and can get on with the imminent war with the Hutts.  Looking forward to seeing them tangle with Black Krrsantan at some point.   

Overall it's not quite as good as The Mandalorian but it feels far more Star Wars than the sequels ever did & I disappoints me that Favreau & Filoni weren't involved in the sequels. 

It's a regular Star Wars complaint (and can be levelled at other franchises) but you don't need to know the origins of everything.

The present parts of the show are infinitely more interesting than the flash backs and while they're no doubt setting it up for the little Tuskan raider tribe to swoop in for the final few episodes to save him there are simpler and more interesting ways to do it than using 30 minutes to explain how he got his gaffi stick.

21 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's a regular Star Wars complaint (and can be levelled at other franchises) but you don't need to know the origins of everything.

The present parts of the show are infinitely more interesting than the flash backs and while they're no doubt setting it up for the little Tuskan raider tribe to swoop in for the final few episodes to save him there are simpler and more interesting ways to do it than using 30 minutes to explain how he got his gaffi stick.

Isn’t that called character development, and every show, film etc has it? Isn’t that an important part of story telling? It also leads into when Mando helped the Tuskan’s against the Krayt Dragon.

Did you expect him to start pew-pewing as soon as he got out the sarlaac pit? 

I’d recommend not to watch the rest of it then, because it’s probably only going to disappoint you.  

If we hadn't already seen that development in the Mandalorian perhaps.

Personally I didn't need to see him get out of the sarlaac pit and given the underwhelming nature of the scene it felt like they didn't really want to show it either. They could have skipped it entirely or just shown from the point where his hand comes through the sand.

Not sure why a minor complaint has made you so angry/defensive.

42 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If we hadn't already seen that development in the Mandalorian perhaps.

Personally I didn't need to see him get out of the sarlaac pit and given the underwhelming nature of the scene it felt like they didn't really want to show it either. They could have skipped it entirely or just shown from the point where his hand comes through the sand.

Not sure why a minor complaint has made you so angry/defensive.

Ha! Angry/defensive? You trying to gaslight? 

The Tribe Boba is with is a separate tribe (as they tell him in EP 2) that lives different ways to the other Tuskans. It says as much in the show. It’s all also an insight into a people we have always seen as butchers. A certain point of view I suppose.

If they didn’t want to do the escape from the Sarlaac Pit, John and Dave wouldn’t have done it. They would have Dengaar rescue him like he does in Legends.

You want a story to be told, but it appears you don’t want it told in the Star Wars way. I don’t get that.

Glad you enjoyed it, was just a personal preference.

The Mandalorian re-established the character as much as I needed so where we left off at the end of season 2 was fine with me, with Jabba dead, and the mandalorian cast off doing their thing, Boba has returned to the Palace and despatched Bib Fortuna and we're ready for the underworld/outer rim story people have been wanting for years.

Now we're rehashing episodes from the mandalorian to show that raiders are still functioning tribes and not just savage desert dwelling nomads, that the gourd (or whatever they drink from) is still important to survive in the desert and Fett has been re-written to need a dip in the bacta tank any time he exerts himself seemingly for no other reason than they needed a plot device to trigger flashbacks.

On your pew pew comments, less action would serve the series well as it's not been one of the strong points the first few episodes.

Hopefully we move away from the flashbacks soon and it improves because while it's not bad it's certainly not been great.

I’m really enjoying it. Love the Tusken culture being explored, Jabba’s cousins, the badass Wookiee (who’s called Black something or other and is apparently canon) and more. I’m just gutted they killed off Darth Maul because he’s perfect for this criminal gangs themed series. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I’m really enjoying it. Love the Tusken culture being explored, Jabba’s cousins, the badass Wookiee (who’s called Black something or other and is apparently canon) and more. I’m just gutted they killed off Darth Maul because he’s perfect for this criminal gangs themed series. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Krrsantan

• Upvote 1

This is absolutely fucking shite. What is it with Star Wars and the terrible casting of people who just can’t act.

Another character with great potential wasted.

The future shows don’t look too clever either. Who gives a shit about Obi Wan and Cassian Andor. We know how and when they die.

Nailed on these are based on tatooine / other random unpopulated desert planet too. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Red74 said:

This is absolutely fucking shite. What is it with Star Wars and the terrible casting of people who just can’t act.

The future shows don’t look too clever either. Who gives a shit about Obi Wan and Cassian Andor. We know how and when they die.

Nailed on these are based on tatooine / other random unpopulated desert planet too. 

Eh?

That show will be huge. The return (from a storytelling perspective) of Obi Wan and more Anakin / Vader?

679DE509-12E1-4D3B-BC9B-A3B4970315C4.gif

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Potential? Fett’s got quite a backstory in Lore. 

47 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Err. No. 

I agree. It’s rubbish.  

The famed assassins were shite, people are either crack shots or couldn’t hit an imperial cruiser depending on what the plot demands, taking down the train thing was shite, why even have a fucking train if you’ve got planes and space ships? It looks nice but the stories and acting is awful. Obviously I’ll still watch it. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I agree. It’s rubbish.  

The famed assassins were shite, people are either crack shots or couldn’t hit an imperial cruiser depending on what the plot demands, taking down the train thing was shite, why even have a fucking train if you’ve got planes and space ships? It looks nice but the stories and acting is awful. Obviously I’ll still watch it. 

Can’t believe I’ve gone from thinking the Mandalorian was a poor man’s Boba Fett to this being a homeless man’s Mandalorian. 

This shitshow couldn’t lay a glove on the Mando. What a waste of everyone’s time. 

edit: I loved the Mandalorian 

28 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Potential? Fett’s got quite a backstory in Lore. 

Then why not have the character continue in that vein instead of this garbage. Not many people read the books / comics etc that get discarded from canon at a whim when it suits.