Quantcast
Man Utd Fans - Page 8 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Man Utd Fans

Recommended Posts

As a kid I always wondered why my dads old Bruge final programme had adverts inside for Man Utd mirrors. It’s only when you grow up you understand these cunts have always fancied themselves as being numero uno, English footballs movie star club who everyone else should bend over for. Their fans are no different and ‘do what they want’. Anyone defending these phoney shitbags and pretending the protest was about anything other than not being top dog needs to give their head a wobble or stop watching Sky. I hate what City and Chelsea have done to the game but it was the mancs who sold their soul first a generation ago, everyone followed. They took  commercial whoring to another level allowing them to amass great wealth, bully the rest of the league and win countless titles - 5 under the Glazers. They’ll sell their soul again this time to a despot win the league and their fans will rejoice. Gobshites.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

As I said previously in the thread, if it was any other club you might have some understanding but they basically invented everything that's bad about money in football, the hypocrisy is off the scale. 

 

In the 80s when we were the best team in Europe you'd look through the catalogue and there's be page after page of man United bedspreads and fucking thimbles. They led the way with all the corporate hospitality and fucking business brunches, making their own wine and all sorts of shite. They used to belt out DVDs and videos while the likes of Rick Parry would be looking on like a chimp who's just found a mirror.

 

They've broken more transfer records than I can count and cemented their status at the top of the game by being the only club in the champions league, and by having by far the best business operation in football, and using it to simply outspend everyone. Selling third shirts to half of China, charging to watch their reserves on MUTV and spunking the cash on Jap Staam to replace Pallister, the most expensive CB in the world, while we'd been holding our dicks trying to sign someone for about five years. Where were these twat fans then? Truly, the Robin Hoods of football.

 

This is just another example of their PR operation in full swing. They're not a sporting operation, they haven't been since the 70s, they're a business and a footballing bacillus.

A lad my mate used to work with runs one of these Man Utd fan groups. He's been on TV a few times as a spokesperson for them. He's been home and away for them for years and posted photos of him at their title presentations, the final in Moscow and the Europa league final in Sweden a few years ago.

 

He will never be able to live down the fact that he helped create the Chosen One banner for David Moyes.

 

Now he's making out that they are the self appointed guardians of fan power because they've smashed their way into Old Trafford and every other club should hold them in awe. 

 

Yet he was fine with the Glazers owning them when he got to go to Moscow and probably lord it over Liverpool fans for not winning the Premier League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halcyon Days said:

As a kid I always wondered why my dads old Bruge final programme had adverts inside for Man Utd mirrors. It’s only when you grow up you understand these cunts have always fancied themselves as being numero uno, English footballs movie star club who everyone else should bend over for. Their fans are no different and ‘do what they want’. Anyone defending these phoney shitbags and pretending the protest was about anything other than not being top dog needs to give their head a wobble or stop watching Sky. I hate what City and Chelsea have done to the game but it was the mancs who sold their soul first a generation ago, everyone followed. They took  commercial whoring to another level allowing them to amass great wealth, bully the rest of the league and win countless titles - 5 under the Glazers. They’ll sell their soul again this time to a despot win the league and their fans will rejoice. Gobshites.

Imagine if they were sold to a consortium who had ethical business practices yet the manager would have to sell to buy players. Would they be happy then?. Doubt it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Imagine if they were sold to a consortium who had ethical business practices yet the manager would have to sell to buy players. Would they be happy then?. Doubt it. 

 

 

Think you’ve just set operation storm Anfield in motion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Imagine if they were sold to a consortium who had ethical business practices yet the manager would have to sell to buy players. Would they be happy then?. Doubt it. 

 

 

A lot of their ire seems to stem from the fact they're bigger than any owner. When Murdoch was sniffing around in the 90s that was the gist of the anger from fan groups, "murdoch needs United but united doesn't need Murdoch". It'd be the same if they got city's owners. "United doesn't need Dubai money" "United is bigger than x, y, z".

 

It's almost like their crest is magic and conjures up new players via the power of sorcery.

 

I've never paid their relationship with the glazers any mind but it's clear they spend a considerable amount of money but it's all gone on shite, and most of their bad footballing decisions come from people the fans supposedly respect. It was ferguson who anointed Moyes and supposedly gave his blessing to Mourinho (who the fans also wanted, despite spending years calling for the return of the mancs' "trademark swashbuckling style". Solksjaer was brought in to placate said fans while his mates Neville and Keane defended him to the hilt, blaming Woodward instead (who wasn't their mate) and inciting a mob to violence against his property then too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of them were moaning about how shite Old Trafford is and the Glazers haven't invested money to maintain it. Smashing the place up yesterday would have helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

State of this propaganda published by the Guardian:

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/03/manchester-united-liverpool-game-abandoned-fanzine

 

Letting those cunts take over the fucking paper.  Wankers the lot of them.

 

 

This is the conundrum of this whole fan representation they're all talking about. Loads seem to think it will be the most erudite and calm thinking types who will have input etc so everything will great and people within clubs bezzie mates or whatever and things will change for the better. All well and good if that proves to be the case.

 

But, they'll quickly get called club 'stooges' by the more vocal activists in the fan base. They'll then push for the stooges to be removed and you'll end up with chaos again.

 

Can you imagine the manc ringleaders from that shitfest yesterday having an input to the way the club is run?

 

I know people will point to the German 50% +1 rule. At the same time, that rule has allowed Bayern to dominate the Bundesliga and hoover up other German clubs best players since its introduction in 1998.

 

According to the Bundesliga official site "In September 2017, even Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said he felt it should be left to each club to decide if they open the door to outside investment."

 

Also, there are exceptions to the 50% +1 rule, Bayer Levekusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim. The point being, it hasnt made the Bundesliga more competitive. It has made it less so.

 

I dont know the ins and outs of the German club ownership model. Yes, they have cheap ticket prices (which is to be applauded) and the ability to vote for their club's president every so often. Im not sure as to the real benefits of that.

 

What the German model does seem to uphold is that clubs only spend what they generate as they cannot rely on "investments" from rich owners.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the real stand out issue in all this for me, is how the fuck so many people write or say “Glaziers” instead of Glazers. Is there an intentional joke in there I’m missing?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This is the conundrum of this whole fan representation they're all talking about. Loads seem to think it will be the most erudite and calm thinking types who will have input etc so everything will great and people within clubs bezzie mates or whatever and things will change for the better. All well and good if that proves to be the case.

 

But, they'll quickly get called club 'stooges' by the more vocal activists in the fan base. They'll then push for the stooges to be removed and you'll end up with chaos again.

 

Can you imagine the manc ringleaders from that shitfest yesterday having an input to the way the club is run?

 

I know people will point to the German 50% +1 rule. At the same time, that rule has allowed Bayern to dominate the Bundesliga and hoover up other German clubs best players since its introduction in 1998.

 

According to the Bundesliga official site "In September 2017, even Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said he felt it should be left to each club to decide if they open the door to outside investment."

 

Also, there are exceptions to the 50% +1 rule, Bayer Levekusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim. The point being, it hasnt made the Bundesliga more competitive. It has made it less so.

 

I dont know the ins and outs of the German club ownership model. Yes, they have cheap ticket prices (which is to be applauded) and the ability to vote for their club's president every so often. Im not sure as to the real benefits of that.

 

What the German model does seem to uphold is that clubs only spend what they generate as they cannot rely on "investments" from rich owners.

 

 

I'm on the same page. The best case scenario is that 50+1 locks every club into where they already at. I don't see how that's beneficial for anyone outside the top six, and it's not especially beneficial to any top 6 club that isn't City. It's not going to get rid of sports washing owners cuz their fans will likely just vote with them. It will stop any investment into clubs that can't compete already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bundesliga does not allow foreign owners; that is more important than the 50+1. The premier league would be a very different animal if that was the case in the UK. Leverhusen started out as a works team for the Bayer plant there, there is another Bayer works team Uerdingen, which was also in the Bundesliga until the 90s. Both started out as amateur teams; as did Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig. Hoffenheim was a village team until a local software billionaire, who used to play for it, got involved. Hoffenheim and Leipzig are hated by most German fans because of their owners wealth and because they ”bought their way” into the Bundesliga. PSG, Chelsea and City’s rise couldn’t have happened in Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Lots of praise for them in LFC circles. Let's wait to see if the Hillsborough songs to come out the next time fans are allowed before we declare ourselves brother in arms. 

We do not need to wait, we already know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

FB_IMG_1620046286484.jpg


We can laugh at that, but football has gotten itself into a vicious circle due to players wages. 
 

They get more TV money - players wages go up.

 

They get more competition money - players wages go up. 
 

They get more sponsorships - players wages go up. 
 

The get better kit manufacturing deals - players wages go up. 

Guess where a high % of the ESL money would have gone. 

 

But what are clubs meant to do? Not pay them? Well somebody else will, then clubs lose out on the best players, the above incomes go down and but they’ve still got cover existing wages. 
 

If wages weren’t so high, maybe there would be cheaper tickets & merchandise for supporters?

 

I don’t see a way out of it. I don’t think there should be a salary cap - footballers are professional athletes and entertainers. Look at what Lewis Hamilton or Tom Cruise earn - should they take a salary cap as well?

 

Maybe salaries could be a % of turnover, but doesn’t that just limit competition as well?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck them the fucking inbred cunts.  
All because they haven’t challenged for the title for a few years. Absolute privileged wankers. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


We can laugh at that, but football has gotten itself into a vicious circle due to players wages. 
 

They get more TV money - players wages go up.

 

They get more competition money - players wages go up. 
 

They get more sponsorships - players wages go up. 
 

The get better kit manufacturing deals - players wages go up. 
 

But what are clubs meant to do? Not pay them? Well somebody else will, then clubs lose out on the best players, the above incomes go down and but they’ve still got cover existing wages. 
 

If wages weren’t so high, maybe there would be cheaper tickets & merchandise for supporters?

 

I don’t see a way out of it. I don’t think there should be a salary cap - footballers are professional athletes and entertainers. Look at what Lewis Hamilton or Tom Cruise earn - should they take a salary cap as well?

If there was a salary cap City would get around it by paying players "consultancy fees" like they did when Mancini was a manager there. There will always be someone trying to get around the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevilles comments on FSG trying to furlough players yesterday were obviously bollocks.

 

Furlough was capped at £2.5k per month. 
 

Considering some of these players earn 000’s of thousands a week, that’s some come down. 
 

Although not reported, maybe then did ask players to take a wage cut. I wouldn’t be surprised. But they wouldn’t have been the only club to have done so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


We can laugh at that, but football has gotten itself into a vicious circle due to players wages. 
 

They get more TV money - players wages go up.

 

They get more competition money - players wages go up. 
 

They get more sponsorships - players wages go up. 
 

The get better kit manufacturing deals - players wages go up. 

Guess where a high % of the ESL money would have gone. 

 

But what are clubs meant to do? Not pay them? Well somebody else will, then clubs lose out on the best players, the above incomes go down and but they’ve still got cover existing wages. 
 

If wages weren’t so high, maybe there would be cheaper tickets & merchandise for supporters?

 

I don’t see a way out of it. I don’t think there should be a salary cap - footballers are professional athletes and entertainers. Look at what Lewis Hamilton or Tom Cruise earn - should they take a salary cap as well?

 

Maybe salaries could be a % of turnover, but doesn’t that just limit competition as well?

 

 

The way you put this, Scott, any decent person with a social(ist) conscience, would/should give football the arse.

 

Oh, and movies.  And F1.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

If there was a salary cap City would get around it by paying players "consultancy fees" like they did when Mancini was a manager there. There will always be someone trying to get around the rules.


I suspect every club would be pulling the same fast one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×