Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 205 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Pointless nonentities like Alan 'You can fuck my wife' Johnson and Ed 'My wife's got bigger' Balls are thinking that the red Tories will take over the Labour Party. The membership are still left leaning and will purge the likes of Flint, Kendall, Watson and other Blairite right wingers. Their day has gone.

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Don’t be silly. 1997 Blair would have ran absolute rings around this shot show of a Tory government. Energy & verve & optimism is precisely what was needed. Corbyn’s leadership has been Roy Hodgson managing Liverpool levels of farce. There’s some who wanted him in because he wasn’t the status-quo & there’s others that supported him because they love the ‘club’. But it’s been clear as day for years that all he’d eventually succeed doing is in legitimising Tory rule by taking a democratic hammering. And like Hodgson he’s not the kind of man to ever leave of his own accord when it was clear moons ago he & his team were never the people to see the job through.

But how would he convince leavers to remain? I don't think you realise that there is nothing you can say to them?

The Labour party membership backed Corbyn twice, and If he wasn't in charge it would have been a similar candidate, who would have ended up in a similar position.  

Just now, Jose Jones said:

By being much better at communicating how voting for the Tories were going to fuck them over.  By being much better at communicating hope and competence.  By being much better at controlling and delivering the message.

1997 Blair with these policies would have won easily, in my opinion.

I don’t really know what you gain from these fantasy scenarios. 

Just now, moof said:

I don’t really know what you gain from these fantasy scenarios. 

I don't gain anything.  Just having a conversation.

I don't think that Labour's policies are anathema to the public, even though I don't agree with all of them.

I think a better communicator less easily smeared would have won them the election, no matter which way they went on Brexit.  

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Because Johnson is a barely sentient hippo and Blair speaks very, very well. Blair would have had 3 years to convince those leave voting Labour voters it was dumb. 

and @Jose Jones

I'm obviously no Blair, but I've tried asking them why they want to leave and why I think its a bad idea etc, they don't care! They just want out!

There has been a massive rise in the right wing globably and we are seeing the full result of it again in England tonight. Also a lot of people on the fence are just sick to death of elections/referendums. We've had 4 in 5 years! Even if polls show that more people would vote remain in a second referendum, the reality is most of them probably don't actually want another referendum. 

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Keir Starmer would get my vote for next Labour leader. He's very articulate and would have torn Johnson a new arsehole during the TV debates.

The ones that weren’t scripted and he actually turned up for?

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Keir Starmer would get my vote for next Labour leader. He's very articulate and would have torn Johnson a new arsehole during the TV debates.

Apart from when Johnson asked him why he was trying to block Brexit? What would he say to that?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

What coverage is everyone watching? Ive got Sky News on. 

Channel 4. Same results but at least I got a Bridget Christie sketch earlier. 

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

He's a dreadful speaker. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What coverage is everyone watching? Ive got Sky News on. 

Are people actually watching it? Is it not just like a longer more painful version of the Red wedding?

Are you hoping for some sort of miracle of Instanbul comeback?

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

and @Jose Jones

I'm obviously no Blair, but I've tried asking them why they want to leave and why I think its a bad idea etc, they don't care! They just want out!

There has been a massive rise in the right wing globably and we are seeing the full result of it again in England tonight. Also a lot of people on the fence are just sick to death of elections/referendums. We've had 4 in 5 years! Even if polls show that more people would vote remain in a second referendum, the reality is most of them probably don't actually want another referendum. 

Yeah, that's fair enough.  

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

Are people actually watching it? Is it not just like a longer more painful version of the Red wedding?

No mate, I'm reading wuthering heights with the test card on the telly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The ones that weren’t scripted and he actually turned up for?

Are you saying that the QC isn’t used to unscripted speech? Or he wasn’t kept away from the press? 

54 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If she loses her seat, I'll have to bump that post where he said I was "arrogant" for saying that Swinson had no chance of being PM when she bullishly said she was a genuine candidate. 

ITV fairly confident that Swinson has lost her seat. 95% chance according to the exit polls. 

Wahahahahahahaha!

Screenshot_20191213_001906.jpg

Just now, General Dryness said:

How are the SNP looking? I'm not that bothered, just wondering if that fat bird is going to have to get her clunge out.

Lets just say that Nessies hopes of winning the Loch's beauty pageant for the first time in 130 years are slim. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

ITV fairly confident that Swinson has lost her seat. 95% chance according to the exit polls. 

Wahahahahahahaha!

Screenshot_20191213_001906.jpg

You could have chosen a million screen shots of his comments on this election re: the Libs. That one has leant itself to debate. Poor choice Nelly.