Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 786 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

I guess that explains why Merse was a good friend of the bookies...

Chelsea have got nice fixtures between now and the end of the season, so I don't think there's any way they're not finishing in the top four."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12017444/paul-merson-shocked-if-chelsea-arent-champions-in-next-four-years

The crown is such a heavy burden to bear, and those who would plot to take it wait in the shadows, knives drawn.

Interesting what a slump can do to opinion.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/120576-king-brendan-ohhh-how-lucky-we-are/page/24/#comments

olpeazzurro     2,715

volpeazzurro

Not my words, this is a post match cut and paste opinion from 'CaughtOffside' after the match which I thought was quite interesting and presumably not a Leicester City supporter's view:

Opinion: Leicester have a huge decision to make over Brendan Rodgers as the inevitable crash has arrived.

Brendan Rodgers has built a very good reputation based on what he can achieve at a club in his opening season, but history has shown that he is not a manager who can stay at a club for a long time.

It’s not clear why his teams always crash after an initial period of success – perhaps the players get sick of his smug faux-intelligence or it’s also possible that he just can’t adapt when other managers figure out how to nullify his teams.

He did well to move to Liverpool from Swansea when his stock was still high, but he’s been living off that ever since, and there’s a clear pattern that’s emerged.

He comes in and introduces a positive style of play, the fans buy into his bizarre soundbites ( Claiming a Rangers fan came up to him and thanked him for being a breath of fresh air is the pinnacle of things that just didn’t happen) and everything looks rosy.

Unfortunately after a year things start to slide, results will go against his team and he doesn’t know how to fix it, and the players will stop buying into his methods when it doesn’t result in success.

It was often said his good season at Liverpool happened because he accidentally stumbled on the diamond formation with Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge linking to great effect, but he didn’t have any answers when Sterling left.

His time at Celtic looks better because they had zero competition, but again his team stopped playing for him, other sides figured out how to play against him and he left before things had a chance to go wrong.

Once the slide starts he’s yet to find a way to reverse it

Finally it’s happening again at Leicester – the loss to Everton today means they are in serious danger of dropping out of the top four – just months after they looked set to stroll to a third place finish and Champions League football.

They are now only three points clear of Wolves in 6th spot and still have tough games coming up against Man United, Spurs, Crystal Palace, Arsenal and Sheffield United, so the fans must be worried.

It seems churlish to say that Leicester should look for alternatives this summer after the start that he had – but if this slide continues for the rest of this season then they are gambling on him suddenly finding a way of turning things round – something he’s yet to do in his career.

• Like 1

Controversial opinion around here, but I reckon Moyes is dogshit.

If West Ham hadn't equalised before the break, can you imagine him doing or saying anything at half time to lift the team and turn the game around?

I think he'll touch lucky this season because some of the other teams at the bottom are also dreck, so 36 points will be enough to stay up.

What the fuck has happened above I don’t know. I only tried to format it and the forum repeatedly posted it???!!!

Funny as fuck fwank fucked up against west ham! I keep saying he's tactically inept, like solskjaer. Lampard probably has a better squad but good players will only get you so far.  Im eternally grateful they had enough nounce to down city though.

Seems a few are raving about united and fernandes in particular. Yep, he's hit the ground running like a number of players coming into the PL. Let's see if he still pulls up trees next season when managers are wiser to his style of play.

I might be showing my anti united bias but it wouldnt surprise me if he isnt as noticable next season. It's not like he's pulled up trees at his previous clubs and even Eric Dyer was 'rated' in Portugal.

The way both Leicester and chelsea are playing though, I fully expect united to sneak into the CL places, probably at the expense of Leicester.

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

There is. This is an Italian woman though!

Well, I would have to say no then.

Nice research though, think I was just drooling.

She just looked like a lot of the good reasons to watch Narcos etc.

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

Eddie Howe is still having to rely on a whole group of players who were promoted with the club in 2015. People like King, Callum Wilson, Stanislas, Cook, Francis and Gosling. Apart from Ake, their lack of success in the transfer market is an eye-opener, and the amount of money wasted is alarmingly bad. In the last couple of years they've been fortunate to have at least 3 sides worse than them. This time around they certainly look to be one of the worst 3.

Be safe as soon as Solanke starts banging them in

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Clearly another beaut who hasn’t bothered with his research.

Leicester have a bigger net spend over the last five seasons than we do.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure I’ve seen this mentioned anywhere, but this was announced the other day. 

5DB8DE4C-E1C8-440A-915C-5F2D866B2B07.png

Redshite conspiracy so they can win the league again next year. 

5 hours ago, Em City said:

And the award for best football name goes to

Screenshot_20200702-103822_Chrome.jpg

Wouldn’t mind if he saw a PIZZA the action for us. Important to PASTA ball forward.

(Bit cryptic that one)

• Upvote 1

Shitcoat having a fume on the line. You hate to see it, you really do.

Still fully expect this new post-Covid Sheffield Utd fuck it up.