You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I Agree With Dave U

Red Nick

Cisse is a Cunt (not quite his words but you get the gist)

Let me start by saying i am probably Cisse's biggest defender on this site and believe he has all the atributes to be a world class striker and up until tonight i have always given him the benefit of the doubt.

What a fucking Prima dona, he should be playing for fucking real madrid, If the Ball was 1 yard off target he wouldnt move to get the ball and we lost posession, i have forgoton how many times he was not prepared to work for his team mates, absoloutely no movement whatsoever. He was saying give me the ball and I'll win you the game but dont expect me to work for the team (but he didnt even win us the game). I was amazed he stayed on the pitch as long as he did and i think of all the stick Harry Kewell gets on this site.

On the other side Baros was full of commitment and drive for the team, he to is an individual player but at least he was trying his hardest for the team. If Cisse showed the same commitment then i would have no complains,

The problem for Rafa is Cisse has the talent and wont apply himself and Baros gives the commitment but is too much of an individual player to fit into a team game.

The other observation i made from tonight is Cisse and Baros will never be a top class striking partnership even if you gave them 5 years and you can see why Rafa wants to get new strikers in.

All very harsh indeed after such a good performance but the chances we created were out of broken play rather than clearly created chances.

When Rafa has the strikers he wants he will be able to play the Valencia way but until he has them he cant play posession football as the ball gets lost up front

I thought Ciisse played alright tonight looked sharp with some decent shots and worked hard. Offside a lot tho and needs to improve on that. That would be my main grumble.

very impressed with Tramore, same line up against Charlton

You are making some good points, Red Nick, and I even agree on some of them. But not all. I think Cisse will prove himself to be an excellent striker for us but he needs time. He is only 21 and needs the time to ajust the english game. If You look at some of the best strikers in the world, i.e. Henry and Ronaldo, they hardly move when their team are defending. Yesterday I actually saw Cisse make a tackle down the side on our half:-)

And for the offsides, many of them are onside but the refs just don't follow his and Baros' pace.

It's bollix, rewind 2 years and people were saying the same of Baros. Fat, lazy, useless so-and-so who was being shown up in the reserves by Viduka-neck Mellor.

I've watched Cisse for about 3 years and he's a feckin good player, you don't score the goals he has year on year by accident. The difference is that Auxerre used him on the break (as Houllier would have) and now Rafa has to find a way to employ him in a more attacking team. Rafa will sort it be maybe he didn't expect kneejek prats after 8 league games to expect the whole jigsaw to be pieced together.

I don't think anyone is disputing 'In Rafa We Trust' or that it's early days for Cisse but his work rate does seem piss poor - even last night. And he does seem to whine too much for my liking.

But how we never beat Depor last night I have no idea.

I don't think anyone is disputing 'In Rafa We Trust' or that it's early days for Cisse but his work rate does seem piss poor - even last night. And he does seem to whine too much for my liking.

But how we never beat Depor last night I have no idea.

Only problem I had with him last night was the time it took the prick to leave the field when we chasing the winner and running out of time. I wanted to go on and fucking drag him off by the scruff of the neck. I was absolutely livid at that, and I'm sure Benitez was sitting there thinking 'hurry the fuck up' as well. No excuse for it whatsoever. He took more time to get off than the Depor players who were brought off to waste time!

Other than that, I watched him very closely and thought his work rate was a lot better.

have to agree with everything red nick said both cisse and baros will never work as Ronnie Whelan said last night after the game Benitez must be tearing his hair out and that Baros is way to individualistic. Heard Lawro saying Cisse was basically crossing the ball in the 2nd half just ot get rid of it have to say why move your supposed main striker to the right maybe coz he can't do it upfront expect moves incoming in the jan transfer window. Didn't like it last night when Lawro said Cisse is the new Diouf i am afraid he could be right and i hate Lawro

have to agree with everything red nick said both cisse and baros will never work as Ronnie Whelan said last night after the game Benitez must be tearing his hair out and that Baros is way to individualistic. Heard Lawro saying Cisse was basically crossing the ball in the 2nd half just ot get rid of it have to say why move your supposed main striker to the right maybe coz he can't do it upfront expect moves incoming in the jan transfer window. Didn't like it last night when Lawro said Cisse is the new Diouf i am afraid he could be right and i hate Lawro

Lawro isn't right he is a cnut!

Lawro saying Cisse was basically crossing the ball in the 2nd half just ot get rid of it have to say why move your supposed main striker to the right maybe

Watch some of his goals and you'll discover he scored a large portion by coming from deep on the right. Both Baros and Cisse like to collect the ball from deep - maybe we're suffering the same problem Arsenal did when people complained they lacked a 'fox in the box' and Wenger bought Jeffers. But with a bit of work on the training pitch Arsenal are banging them in without a goal poacher.

I see, A new scapegoat has been found!

And its all official.

Nothing is 'official' yet as Kewell can come good I'm sure. HK is just a couple of tackles-shitting-out-from to regain his title. :)

I'd much rather get an honest assessment than pandering drivel about 'coming good', 'early doors', 'just finding his feet', etc.... I don't think Coleman/Baros/Usher wakes up in the morning and says, "Hmmm, I think I'll dine on scapegoat today. Now, where will I find such a beast???"

If it smell petulant, if it walks petulant and acts petulant, than maybe it is not a rose but a Diuoff stinkflower.

Cisse's attitude has pissed me off so far, but I think we do need to be patient.

He's still a very young lad who's moved over to a new country, and is having to adapt to a new style of football and a completely new lifestyle.

He was brought in by Houllier - who had been in contact with him for over 2 years - and Houllier then of course left before Cisse even arrived, I bet that knocked Cisse's confidence a bit as he clearly had a lot of time for Houllier. He also seemed desperate to play with Owen and the same happened with him.

He is one of those players who has a slefish attitude and when things aren't going well he's the sort of player who'll get a bit sulky, but in time he'll mature. And if he starts banging in the goals I don't care how arrogant he is. Look at Henry and Pires? Horrible twats but great players.

Cisse must be pretty frustrated at the moment.

Be patient. His attitude and performances will improve, its just going to take a while.

Only problem I had with him last night was the time it took the prick to leave the field when we chasing the winner and running out of time. I wanted to go on and fucking drag him off by the scruff of the neck. I was absolutely livid at that, and I'm sure Benitez was sitting there thinking 'hurry the fuck up' as well. No excuse for it whatsoever. He took more time to get off than the Depor players who were brought off to waste time!

Other than that, I watched him very closely and thought his work rate was a lot better.

Not even Dave U agrees with Dave U.He's just a confused motherf*cker.

i thought he worked quite hard in the 1st half, but seemed to drift away and get frustrated in the 2nd half. i think the thing that works against him most of all is his petulant arm throwing routine. if he was to cut that out, i'm sure a lot of people would be more impressed with his football. once thing that is frustrating me is he seems to want to play for a free kick too much - he gets in a position to skin a player and just jumps into them.

I thought Cisse played very well last night. His workrate was excellent imo other than one or two occasions when he refused to chase a dead ball and he shit out of one tackle with two CB's big league! Other than that though I thought he did a great job of pulling their players with him and lettinmg baros run. When baros came direct thrtough the middle Cisse would go out wide and take players with him.

The only thing his game lacked last night was a goal and and this criticsm is fucking well harsh.

You;re spot on there Dave about the substitution. 'Kinell he was so slow he was almost in reserve. As for his arm-raising and gestures etc, please remember that he;s French.

Just because his body languahe and the way he expresses himself doesn't mirror your own perfectly doesn't make him a "cunt".

The lad cares ffs. I'd rather him be pissed off and raising his arms than shrugging his shoulders and not giving a shit.

the guy played very very well and was pissed off to be subbed. So fucking what?

Also, imagine for a minute that Baros wasn't on the pitch. How would people rate his game then I wonder? Baros was fucking everywhere, and his activity and running only served to give the impression that Cisse wasn;t working hard when that just wasn't the case.

Fuciking god bless Milan btw. We're so lucky to have that boy it's untrue.

People forget that Cisse was brought in to be our SECOND striker, clearly to assist Michael. Then MO left and he now has the added pressure trying to be the number 1.

Personally I have no qualms about having Baros as 1st choice striker and for Cisse to put in performance like that last night alongside him. If that happens every game this season then we'll fucking go far. I just don;t see any problem whatsoveer with how things worled last night. not one... other than the fact we never scored of course!