You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I disagree about the club having no standards or structure. The club is structured very well and they have high standards. They dominate everything domestically. The quality of debate and the narratives pundits push are so tedious that it's honestly laughable. We're talking about a team that might win 3 trophies this season as bottle jobs because they got knocked out in the last minute by the most dubious penalty you'll ever see. How can you make provisions for that? 

It doesn't mean Tuchel is clueless. It doesn't mean Neymar and Mbappe don't give a fuck. It doesn't mean Buffon is finished. It doesn't mean they need to rip everything up and start again. They lost one game of football. It happens. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boss said:

I disagree about the club having no standards or structure. The club is structured very well and they have high standards. They dominate everything domestically. The quality of debate and the narratives pundits push are so tedious that it's honestly laughable. We're talking about a team that might win 3 trophies this season as bottle jobs because they got knocked out in the last minute by the most dubious penalty you'll ever see. How can you make provisions for that? 

It doesn't mean Tuchel is clueless. It doesn't mean Neymar and Mbappe don't give a fuck. It doesn't mean Buffon is finished. It doesn't mean they need to rip everything up and start again. They lost one game of football. It happens. 

In terms of generating revenue and on the business side, sure they probably are well run.

On the football side, they are a joke. Their President, Al-Khelaifi has proven to be absolutely clueless and he's a massive impediment. The English media narrative on them is absolutely spot on for once, although I won't give them any credit because they've clearly stumbled into it. The media in France have been talking for years about how poor they are on the football side of things. They may not have to get rid of Tuchel, but Henrique the Sporting Director is a disaster and will be replaced. Before that they had Patrick Kluivert of all people who was even worse.

This is a club who a few years ago tolerated Serge Aurier calling Laurent Blanc an idiot on video and they still allowed him to play again in a Champions League quarter final because he was friends with Al-Khelaifi. Rabiot this year just disrespected them again. They are pushovers. Winning Ligue 1 and the cups is basically meaningless. They have at least triple the budget of anyone else. 

Like I say, I'm not following some narrative, they are clueless and have been for years. They need an overhaul starting from the top and they need to phase out the veteran players who have failed them the last few years.

17 hours ago, Boss said:

Yep. It’s the same attitude we all hate about us being bottlers.

Bought the Mirror yesterday as I had some time to kill and it was a full on Manc wankfest, complete with profiles of the 'up and coming' stars of the future. Was like the 90s all over again. 

Regardless of how much I hate them I never cease to be amazed by how they can brand and rebrand themselves and everyone swallows it. Years ago they were the 'biggest club in the world' despite being in the second division, now they've somehow branded themselves as minnows who overcame Mr Moneybags PSG, despite spending something like the third highest amount in world football on players.

You only have to look at the calibre of player they were able to bring on against us. 

Not watching it but according to Le Tissier on SSN Pickford should have had a red card but didn’t even get a yellow. Newcastle did get a pen though, which he saved and now they’ve gone up the other end and scored!

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Slight difference being that they win some trophies.  Minor detail. 

PSG have bottled the CL two years on the run, and if you bring bad luck and poor decisions into it we would not have lost to Sevilla or Real.

Not that you brought that into it.

As for domestically apart from the Monaco season they have had it pretty much their own way by a large margin. As you know.

Them and City are run by countries, not very nice ones once again as you know.

I would love City to lose points and even get relegated but it won’t happen, a pocket change sized fine for the Sheikh and all will be fine.

People are lauding PSG's domestic success all of a sudden? They're a club of complacent losers. They have every possible advantage a football club could have and they still can't get past the quarters of the Champions League. And it's not even that they lose, they choke in absurd ways. 

• Upvote 1