You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rampant Islamophobia in the Conservative Party.

Go to my first post. Anyone guilty should be fucked off immediately. If the PM tries to cover it up she should be fucked off too.

I don't think you'll get very far in a party that welcomed and tried to appease Adolf Hitler. Maybe it was how he dealt with the people he felt were inferior that attracted them towards him?

Would this be a good time to drop in my first ever ‘this thread is hard to wank to’ post? Some scenes in here, can we just admit that every colour, creed, race, religion or whatever has mostly good people but also some utter cunts who spoil it for everyone. And the extremists of whatever group are normally the barrel scrapings.

Amateur.  You're not even trying.

What the fuck are you on about?

I think I’ve been really clear on this. You seem to lose all objectivity when it comes to this subject. It’s quite strange to watch. So you, for a second, think the title is referring to a glut of intellectual debate on the merits of Islam as a religion within the Tory party? No, it’s because Islmophobia goes significantly far beyond that. Namely, in this and most other cases, racist behaviour towards Muslims. Prejudice of somebody based of dislike of a religion - normally a deliberately simplistic view of that religion. That’s clearly the case here. To argue that Islamophobia is just dislike of Islam is straight up wrong, and chops even the most concise and cursory if definitions in half, is deliberately obtuse.

You all should do that implicit bias test on Islamophobia then work to reduce your psychological biases. Only then can you assess whether Islam is bad.

Do you have to register? (I tried to start, but if I went in as a guest, it didn't offer anything on Islamophobia.)

How long does it take?  (It looks like it might be interesting, but it's past my bedtime.)

Why do non-Muslims say "Muzzlim" and "Izzlam" but Muslims say "Musslim" and Isslam"?

I'm guessing the latter pronunciation is more correct, but I wouldn't feel right saying it; it would feel like an oh-so-right-on affectation (just one step away from wearing a keffiyeh).

I think I’ve been really clear on this. You seem to lose all objectivity when it comes to this subject. It’s quite strange to watch. So you, for a second, think the title is referring to a glut of intellectual debate on the merits of Islam as a religion within the Tory party? No, it’s because Islmophobia goes significantly far beyond that. Namely, in this and most other cases, racist behaviour towards Muslims. Prejudice of somebody based of dislike of a religion - normally a deliberately simplistic view of that religion. That’s clearly the case here. To argue that Islamophobia is just dislike of Islam is straight up wrong, and chops even the most concise and cursory if definitions in half, is deliberately obtuse.

I couldn’t have been clearer. Here’s the first post;

Anyone guilty of anti-Muslim behaviour should be kicked out. Same for anti-semitism.

I then confirmed the dictionary definition showed that dislike of the religion is Islamophobic. ‘Dislike’

I then said the PM should go if she’s of the same opinion.

You’re all over the fucking place.

All over the place? No. You know that my posts can be seen by people, right? Instead of bland conjecture, and baseless assertions about my over-the-placeness, why not actually tell me what exactly I’ve said that’s over the place. Show me.

My isssue with you is that you straight up lied about the definition. Not a mistake, but an obvious lie. You did this by omitting the rest of the definition, multiple times. Then, when you quoted it all, you still pretended as if the second half didn’t exist. That’s being deliberately obtuse. I can quote the posts if you’d like? You did it again above. I’ve never known you to be somebody who lacks the intelligence to comprehend the entire definition rather than the first half a sentence, so it’s clearly deliberate. Islamophobia, as clearly stated in that concise definition, is wider than just criticism of Islam.

As for you being clear, I didn’t say anything about you not saying any anti Muslims... yadda expulsion yadda. Of course. I agree. I was pointing out what I didn’t and don’t agree with. Islamophobia is used by social scientists to describe exactly this type of predjudice, and we do it because it’s important and not some meaningless term. It’s quite well defined. Well, unless you condense it down to half a sentence. Which is fucking pathetic.

• Upvote 1

Tories are generally self-serving twats who are voted for by white, aging, well-off twats. What debate is there to be had, CT? Yes. They’re twats. Next thread.

How is this anti-Tory prejudice any different to anti-Muslim prejudice?

I particularly liked the announcement yesterday of sharing data on terrorist suspects. Obviously a vote winner with suspected Islamic extremists the main target but I wonder if Javid passed this via the DUP at any point?

Oh, I'm also surprised by Turdseye's surprise at the lack of reporting on Tory Islamaphobia.

I particularly liked the announcement yesterday of sharing data on terrorist suspects. Obviously aimed at suspected Muslim extremists but I wonder if Javid passed this via the DUP at any point?

Oh, I'm also surprised by Turdseye's surprise at the lack of reporting on Tory Islamaphobia.

What have the DUP got to do with it?

I’m surprised that you’re surprised that I’m surprised.

I still can’t get my head round the fact that disliking a set of ideas (about as mild as you can get) can legitimately be used to say you are phobic about a group of people. It’s fucking mental.