You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match thread(h) Everton

LFC 6 Times

Just got to watch the match. Brilliant result. Gutted about Mane as I was really feeling we could push for 4th. We still can, mind you, but if he's out for a few games it will make it that bit harder. Our best player for creating space and pulling defenses apart. Of course with finishes from nothing like the first today, any team would miss him.

Seeing young Phil back doing the business is a sight to behold. Hopefully he can maintain it over the next few games.

I thought Everton were piss poor today, Not just the fact Lukaku went missing in a big game but the snidey shit they resorted to , The ref was a disgrace and how Barkley in particular played 90 minutes is beyond me . Koeman is pathetic and should have manned up and taken some responsibility for their shit tactics and failure to compete in midfield. It wasn't until Barry came on they looked remotely competent . We should have buried them earlier and had it not been for yet another failure at a set piece we would, Mane and 

• Upvote 1

I thought Everton were piss poor today, Not just the fact Lukaku went missing in a big game but the snidey shit they resorted to , The ref was a disgrace and how Barkley in particular played 90 minutes is beyond me . Koeman is pathetic and should have manned up and taken some responsibility for their shit tactics and failure to compete in midfield. It wasn't until Barry came on they looked remotely competent . We should have buried them earlier and had it not been for yet another failure at a set piece we would, Mane and Coutinho were superb and my joy at seeing Phil get his mojo back was cancelled out by a shit looking injury to Mane. . All in all glad we saw the shite off and have top 4 in our own hands,  Utd drawing was the icing on the cake 

Nice of them cunts to chant 'murders' as soon as they knew they were getting fuck all out the game today. My mate who sits in the ARE lower also got a nice scar today when some lowlife bluenoses decided they lob a few pound coins into the home section.

Never mind the fact one of those coins could have took a kiddies eye out, them cunts who like to think they are the true face of merseyside, never mind football, can go fuck themselves very slowly. Speedo man in the Main Stand may have got a good reception but the rest of the vile cunts can fuck off to their shitty smell bramley dock cess pit and evaporate up their own arses.

Anyway the game, is it just me or did that derby seem particularly easy? Yeah there were a few tasty challenges but I was never on the edge of my seat with this one thinking we had a tough task on our hands.

As early as the 7th minute when Sadio skipped from right to left in front of their box to place the ball in the net, we looked in the boss seat. Even when some slack defending allowed Baines' corner to end up virtually unchallenged in the box to present them with a chance even I couldnt miss, I never felt they had a chance.

As little as 3 minuts later, a brilliant goal by Coutinho (who should be packed off to barcelona or anywhere but here according to some) put us back in a deserved lead to silence the mugs who were singing something about the banks of the royal blue Mersey.

I thought taylor was a nob even before this match and my opinion of him hasnt changed one jot. How barkley got to nearly the 40th minute without a yellow never mind a red is beyond me. Mind, this is the ref who gave sunderland two pens against us (first was an utter joke, second from a free kick that wasnt) so as I said, nob!

I dont really know what happened to Sadio, looked like he may have slipped or helped to slip by a blue shirt but it didnt look good when he stayed down then, when walking off collapsing on the touchline. Hope he hasnt done ligaments and last I heard he hobbled through the press zone but is unlikely to play on Wednesday night.

Divok came on and soon had the shite in the shit. He looked to be mor elike his old self rather than trying to do too much and hold the ball up. A powerful strike and there's no way number 3 isnt going in.

The shite's heads seem to drop at that point as they knew they were going home with null points.

Some good performances out there today. In fact the only one who didnt have a good game was clyne in my opinion. Matip seemed to let the ball bounce too frequently before challenging for the ball which seemed to put us under unecessary pressure. Not sure what's going on there.

Lucas won just about every header again whiich is no mean feat when playing against their lump. Speaking of which, did he turned up or did they put some imposter out there with lukaku's name on the back?

Thought Can was immense again today although he might have overdone the rolling on the ground a little. Bobby and Coutinho did well considering they only got back to Liverpool on wednesday. Mane was buzzing until his injury. Oh and didnt mig make a great save late in the 2nd half palming that deflection away that looked like it was going to sneak in? Hasnt been on a losing side for us against this lot either.

Funny seeing Klopp go ballistic with 5 to go when the Kop chanted his name!

Roll on bournemouth.

• Upvote 1

Even though we were outclassing them horrible cunts I spent most of that match watching in fear of leg breaks. They were a fucking disgrace, just as they were at Goodison. All them soft red cards Man Utd have got against them this season meanwhile Rooney tried to break Milner's leg, Williams today twice, Barkley today twice, Barkley at Goodison once and fucking nothing. Ridiculous.

They are so wrapped up in hatred of us it actually hurts them and they dont even realise, that whole club is the same from youth level upwards, the kids derbies are disgusting viewing too. Animals.

And Koemans interview was sickening, "it's a mans game" Fucking cunt.

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxZ6dA1noNo

Souness - "It's not a mental block, i just don't think they're good enough. They are a team that's not been winning trophies, got nowhere near winning trophies, they're not winning big games and coming to Anfield and getting beat isn't a surprise".

Spot on. You can see the look on Reid's face as reality is explained to him. For a moment it looks like he finally sees the light, before shaking his head in defiance of reality and declaring "nah, too easy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxZ6dA1noNo

Souness - "It's not a mental block, i just don't think they're good enough. They are a team that's not been winning trophies, got nowhere near winning trophies, they're not winning big games and coming to Anfield and getting beat isn't a surprise".

Which in Koemanese translates into Everton are just unlucky

I got the impression that in his post match interview, when Koeman said "I don't like...." that he was struggling for his next word because his mouth wanted to say "Germans" but his brain was screaming Don't do it! Don't do it! Don't do it!

• Upvote 1