You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Rationalisation stage, trust Klopp, etc. Happened in January and he was wrong.

If you think Klopp is happy about this your mad, He will be privately fuming Edwards has failed to get these deals over the line.

Because he is the man in charge of dealing with clubs and player contracts.

At the moment he is keeping his counsel, Id imagine that will likely change should no serious business be done by September 2nd.

Its the hope that kills you. Its what I think when people say "Stay Positive".

We've been here before hoping for us to do something right and only for it to not happen.

We're about roughly 2 weeks away from the new season and all seems fairly quiet on the transfer front with the only soundbytes we are getting at least hinting we'll be sticking with what we've got.

I'm probably a natural pessimist but I'm also a realist. Its just going to be very difficult this coming season if we dont have a bit more quality and strength in depth. To deny that is genuine insanity in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 1

If you think Klopp is happy about this your mad, He will be privately fuming Edwards has failed to get these deals over the line.

Because he is the man in charge of dealing with clubs and player contracts.

At the moment he is keeping his counsel, Id imagine that will likely change should no serious business be done by September 2nd.

I didn't give any opinion on whether he's happy about it or not. I don't know his opinion.

Its the hope that kills you. Its what I think when people say "Stay Positive".

We've been here before hoping for us to do something right and only for it to not happen.

We're about roughly 2 weeks away from the new season and all seems fairly quiet on the transfer front with the only soundbytes we are getting at least hinting we'll be sticking with what we've got.

I'm probably a natural pessimist but I'm also a realist. Its just going to be very difficult this coming season if we dont have a bit more quality and strength in depth. To deny that is genuine insanity in my honest opinion.

The 7 years under FSG have been the least successful we have been since we were promoted in 1962.

That is nothing short of an incredible fact, and the other teams with 5 European cups would not accept this as willingly as we have, which is no less shocking.

• Upvote 2

Insulting and pure nonsense tbh man. people aren't idiots and shouldn't be treated as such. We're just sick and tired of the same shit year in year out.

People are just feeding off other people's negativity all the time. It's lead by the same people over and over again in numerous threads.

As Ive said before, a number of people on this forum are more out of their tree the club hasnt won the FA or League cup since 2012. Personally, I find the fact we've gone27 years without winning the title far more of an issue. But there you go.

The 7 years under FSG have been the least successful we have been since we were promoted in 1962.

That is nothing short of an incredible fact, and the other teams with 5 European cups would not accept this as willingly as we have, which is no less shocking.

Yup.  Unbelievably, Lucas just left after 10 years at the club, and he's won a grand total of one league cup. 

Could you imagine that? 10 years at Liverpool FC, and have won only a single trophy? 

People are just feeding off other people's negativity all the time. It's lead by the same people over and over again in numerous threads.

As Ive said before, a number of people on this forum are more out of their tree the club hasnt won the FA or League cup since 2012. Personally, I find the fact we've gone27 years without winning the title far more of an issue. But there you go.

Yeah but none of it is springing to life in a vacuum Jimmy. Its happening because we see the same mistakes and inaction happening so often

Yeah but none of it is springing to life in a vacuum Jimmy. Its happening because we see the same mistakes and inaction happening so often

We are competing in a landscape now where city and chelsea can outspend us due to mega rich benefactors. Manchester united can outspend us because of their financial might (mainly because moores wanted to run the club like a corner shop despite the club being the 1st in England to wear sponsored shirts). Arsenal can outspend us but until recently have decided not to. Spurs are at least on a par with us regarding spending ability.

And that's all before you consider one or two club leagues like spain, germany, italy and now france.

Im pragmatic despite paying a shitload for my seassie to know that there isnt a mega rich owner just waiting to buy the club. Even if there was a change of ownership, there's no gaurantee new owners are going to splash the cash many in the fanbase want them to. Equally, we could end up with a Tan or shinawatra type owner (heaven forbid).

Personally, Ive got faith in Klopp. I think he knows what he's doing. If he doesnt, he'll carry the can as far as some are concerned. Yes, the club majorly fucked up the van Dijk deal but I dont think Klopp is sitting on his laurels. He's either biding his time or got other irons in the fire.

People hark back to the days when we just did a transfer without all the fanfare and publicity then in the next breath claim the club is doing nothing on the transfer market because there's no info. People cant have it both ways but no doubt some do.

People are pissed off because the club said though all the local journos before the transfer window opened this would be the biggest transfer spend a Liverpool manager would ever have in our history.

Then a few days later they renewed the season tickets.

Apart from getting Salah in it's been shite.

I'm not having Moreno as an option and Milner back as a midfielder as some kind of positive's to hold onto.

It honestly does not matter how much really....it just matters that we strengthen and we as it stands have failed to strengthen the two areas where we have glaring and obvious weaknesses.

It will be a pretty spectacular failure if we are still saying the same come 1st September.

• Upvote 1

People are pissed off because the club said though all the local journos before the transfer window opened this would be the biggest transfer spend a Liverpool manager would ever have in our history.

I'm not having Moreno as an option and Milner back as a midfielder as some kind of positive's to hold onto.

Yeah how people cant see or do see and continue to defend this is baffling.

• Upvote 1

Did the club say that or did journos say it (£200m transfer kitty and this is before transfers went silly remember) because I only saw newspapers coming out with that?

Season ticket renewal is always the same time of year and I like most season ticket holders dont fall for spin from journos.

What you going to do if Klopp goes with moreno and milner, demand he's sacked or what?

Did the club say that or did journos say it (£200m transfer kitty and this is before transfers went silly remember) because I only saw newspapers coming out with that?

Season ticket renewal is always the same time of year and I like most season ticket holders dont fall for spin from journos.

What you going to do if Klopp goes with moreno and milner, demand he's sacked or what?

Jimmy no offence but you're routine is a bit of the old deflect deflect deflect here. You're not really addressing anything but asking contrarian questions. Its like avoiding reality 101 stuff

Moreno was for sale a few weeks ago. Now he's first choice left back on account of the the man who played ahead of him last season being needed to cover an injury in the midfield (and it's arguable whether he's good enough to do so). Obviously that's not exactly how it may turn out but Klopp's comments point to that possibly being so. If something like that does come to pass, it would be hard to know what to say except, "fucking hell"

• Upvote 2

Jimmy no offence but you're routine is a bit of the old deflect deflect deflect here. You're not really addressing anything but asking contrarian questions. Its like avoiding reality 101 stuff

Ive already told you mate, Im a pragmatist. I cant influence what the owners do. I dont believe ownership change is going to bring the changes you and many others think it might, primarily because I think the mega rich owner ship has sailed. I trust klopp. it really is that simple.

Ive already told you mate, Im a pragmatist. I cant influence what the owners do. I dont believe ownership change is going to bring the changes you and many others think it might, primarily because I think the mega rich owner ship has sailed. I trust klopp. it really is that simple.

Thats fair enough reply in my opinion mate. Also im steaming so apologues.