You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marine A

Bjornebye

'Our military shouldn't be dragged down into the same gutter as the Taleban.'

That's never going to happen, and this shit keeps being repeated in here. Let's reverse this scenario, do the Taliban just shoot the injured British Soldier dead?

Maybe people need to do some research on the Taliban on here to find out just how evil these cunts are.

I'm not saying I'd have done the same thing in the same situation, the bloke clearly fucked up and made the wrong decision. What I am/was taking issue with in here is there seemed to be a tone of sympathy for the dead Taliban and utter disgust at the bloke who pulled the trigger.

That's never going to happen, and this shit keeps being repeated in here. Let's reverse this scenario, do the Taliban just shoot the injured British Soldier dead?

Maybe people need to do some research on the Taliban on here to find out just how evil these cunts are.

I'm not saying I'd have done the same thing in the same situation, the bloke clearly fucked up and made the wrong decision. What I am/was taking issue with in here is there seemed to be a tone of sympathy for the dead Taliban and utter disgust at the bloke who pulled the trigger.

The entire scenario?

How exactly is how the Taliban came about 30 years ago relevant to the bloke who pulled the triggers mind set?

It gives a bit of context to the 'Taliban are cunts' remark. Has it been confirmed that this person was a Taliban or just another disenchanted local being pissed off at his country's landscape being turned into a giant game of whack-a-mole?

It gives a bit of context to the 'Taliban are cunts' remark. Has it been confirmed that this person was a Taliban or just another disenchanted local being pissed off at his country's landscape being turned into a giant game of whack-a-mole?

Or, has it been considered that he might not have been a US/UK, freedom hating rapscallion and might've instead been a poorly educated and susceptible villager/farmer who was handed a gun and told "fight for us or we'll kill you"?

Duress and threat is a huge recruitment tool of folks like the Taleban.

Anyway, it's immaterial. The law is clear. It was murder. Simple as that.

I don't really have any sympathy for the dead Taleban, but that's irrelevant. Sympathy is an emotional response, and this topic is nothing to do with emotion. This is about soldiers abiding by the rules of warfare. You don't get a free pass to commit war crimes because your opponents are proper horrors.

Or, has it been considered that he might not have been a US/UK, freedom hating rapscallion and might've instead been a poorly educated and susceptible villager/farmer who was handed a gun and told "fight for us or we'll kill you"?

Duress and threat is a huge recruitment tool of folks like the Taleban.

Anyway, it's immaterial. The law is clear. It was murder. Simple as that.

This too,of course.

This should of been swept under the carpet, Marine A should of got a slap on the wrist Soldier on couple of years sentence in Colly nick I reckon.

Again this wasn't a Soldier killing some civvie on purpose or by accident, or even some poor conscripted Argie Soldier in the Falklands, if it was I'd be happy to see the bloke have the book thrown at him.

There is one less bad guy in the World! I for one are glad we have the 'Angry Divs' when the shit hits the fan and the Russians or whoever come rumbling over the hill these are the lads who will stand and be counted.

So the Heroic conscientious objectors don't have to fight and people can carry on passing judgment on them behind the safety of there laptops in Starbucks!

This should of been swept under the carpet, Marine A should of got a slap on the wrist Soldier on couple of years sentence in Colly nick I reckon.

Again this wasn't a Soldier killing some civvie on purpose or by accident, or even some poor conscripted Argie Soldier in the Falklands, if it was I'd be happy to see the bloke have the book thrown at him.

There is one less bad guy in the World! I for one are glad we have the 'Angry Divs' when the shit hits the fan and the Russians or whoever come rumbling over the hill these are the lads who will stand and be counted.

So the Heroic conscientious objectors don't have to fight and people can carry on passing judgment on them behind the safety of there laptops in Starbucks!

Confused-GIF-3.gif?gs=a

Well, there you have it, njackets thinks it's okay to kill POWs. Absolutely batshit mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Theresa May should give the country a referendum on tipexing our name out of the Geneva Conventions as well.

Problem solved. 

May considering plans so that the European Convention on Human Rights will not apply to the UK military in times of conflict.

Nice. Jib the rule of law and all that jazz. Weeding out a few vexatious abuse compensation claims is far more important......

I wasn't far off.