You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

What was that thing with the bottle of water all about?! He said something like "have I just opened this bottle before the Chelsea game?!" and then seemed annoyed with himself.

I think he was trying to say, should I open this can of worms before the Chelsea game. Something to do with the line of questioning, he didn't want to go there.

He's said something about Mourinho being a nice guy unless you are a referee or a journalist. I suspect that he's done this to allow him to focus on the preparations for tomorrow's game rather than have the inevitable media shitstorm over any contrary view take centre stage or even galvanise Chelsea, simply because there is evidence of Mourinho acting the cunt not only to referees and journalists, but with players, coaching staff, medical staff and fans too.

He's said something about Mourinho being a nice guy unless you are a referee or a journalist. I suspect that he's done this to allow him to focus on the preparations for tomorrow's game rather than have the inevitable media shitstorm over any contrary view take centre stage or even galvanise Chelsea, simply because there is evidence of Mourinho acting the cunt not only to referees and journalists, but with players, coaching staff, medical staff and fans too.

Nah, Mourinho is your classic bully and Klopp isn't the type to be bullied by anybody let alone a spiteful Portuguese midget.

This means Mourinho is as nice as pie with Klopp so there isn't really any type of drama to hang off

• Upvote 2

The below might seem an opportunistic thing to say, given our chronic injury list, but fuck me he talks some sense, does our Nobby.  I really like the boy...

Klopp, meanwhile, believes that Liverpool have sent too many of their young players out on loan, suggesting that their development would be better served back at Liverpool and playing in their under-21 side. His predecessor Brendan Rodgers allowed 17 players to go out on loan, including young players such as Sheyi Ojo, who is at Wolves, and fellow winger Sergi Canos, who is at Brentford. Klopp is frustrated that some of those players, such as Tiago Ilori at Aston Villa and fellow defender Andre Wisdom at Norwich, have not been getting regular games, which would appear to defeat the purpose of the loan. 

Klopp said: "Of course I am looking at the loan players. We are always looking. Since I've been here, I've tried to learn about English football, because it's completely different. It's part of my job, that's what we do with guys here, that's what we have to do with the guys on loan. I watch these players, but I went to Wolverhampton to watch Ojo, and he didn't play. We have to make a decision at some point. I'm not sure it's good to give players to other clubs, because it's a pressure that's not good at this age. Maybe we can cool things down a little bit and help players play more in the second team."

Nah, Mourinho is your classic bully and Klopp isn't the type to be bullied by anybody let alone a spiteful Portuguese midget.

This means Mourinho is as nice as pie with Klopp so there isn't really any type of drama to hang off

spiteful Portuguese midget, that was enough to make me vote up :)

He's a charismatic bastard, if you don't want to run through walls for this fella, you might as well give up on life.

He'll make good players great, he believes in them and let's them express themselves.

We might not finish top four this season, but if he's given money to spend we'll only go in one direction.