You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early Teenage Girl Daughters.

Anny Road

Me and the missus have just been talking about that, I think girls suffer from not playing organised sports after 15/16.

And if you could resolve that one sports bodies the developed world over would like to hear about it.

Seriously, my daughter used to love swimming but gave that up shortly after starting high school and now the only consistent exercise she gets is walking to and from school. And we're at the start of the summer holidays just now. The opportunities are there, many of her friends do regular exercise and I choose to think that I'm a reasonable role model (maybe thats part of the issue) but for whatever reason she's not interested and the more you 'encourage' the more she backs away. My hope, again, is that she'll come to it when she's older and feels less self conscious

And if you could resolve that one sports bodies the developed world over would like to hear about it.

Seriously, my daughter used to love swimming but gave that up shortly after starting high school and now the only consistent exercise she gets is walking to and from school. And we're at the start of the summer holidays just now. The opportunities are there, many of her friends do regular exercise and I choose to think that I'm a reasonable role model (maybe thats part of the issue) but for whatever reason she's not interested and the more you 'encourage' the more she backs away. My hope, again, is that she'll come to it when she's older and feels less self conscious

The wife did the same though, she's an amazing swimmer but gave up when she was 15. She's never done it seriously since but can do 30 lengths despite not swimming for a year or so. I'm reasonably fit and 30 lengths would take me about 15 or 16 days.

Your wifi punishments will kick in with effect when she gets a little older, it was about half way through year 7 that child number 3 reacted like we'd cut of a limb.  

I've had 3 girls, the eldest is 20 the youngest is 12, you'd think the youngest would have learnt by the older girls mistakes, nope. She does the same ones and then some. The only thing I can say is the irrational twattyness they display lessens from 24 hours a day, and over time until we only get twatty daughters when they're on the blob. I reckon I'm still about 2 years off that with the youngest, but I'm threatening to throw her in the river a few times a month. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for being a dick yesterday all. Hope it goes well for you and your kid, Anny. (I still say be yourself, that's just my natural feeling with it really. As much as there's the parent/kid divide, you're still friends at heart, and remembering that might be a way to resolve issues.)

Sorry for being a dick yesterday all. Hope it goes well for you and your kid, Anny. (I still say be yourself, that's just my natural feeling with it really. As much as there's the parent/kid divide, you're still friends at heart, and remembering that might be a way to resolve issues.)

You havent been a dick at all lately,in fact you seem a hell of a lot more mellow these days.
  • Upvote 2

Not been a dick in the slightest mate. Reassuring to hear it is not my kid being a pain in the arse. Will suck it up and see where it goes.

Changed the wifi password but then forgot it. Had to rest the router and could not find my isp password. Daughter pissed off to the cinema and I was left with no internet. So won't be doing that again.

Not been a dick in the slightest mate. Reassuring to hear it is not my kid being a pain in the arse. Will suck it up and see where it goes.

Changed the wifi password but then forgot it. Had to rest the router and could not find my isp password. Daughter pissed off to the cinema and I was left with no internet. So won't be doing that again.

Haha, might be instant karma! Anyway, hope it works out.

I've got a son who's 9, he's not perfect but he could be a lot worse, he lives with his ma and comes down weekends, some times through the week, parenthood so far to me has been great as a whole. made a lot easier by my current partner being so supportive, I'm 33 and have always assumed I'd have another child but over the last year I'm just thinking well, I've done the bringing up the baby malarkey once is their enough reward in it to do it again ??.

Seems like a bit of selfishness is creeping in with age, me and her have a great life at the moment, no real worries at all, get away often, I'd give all that up if I had another child, I suppose it's a decision we'll make together, as it stands she's on the fence, the idea of bringing up a teenage girl petrifies me though.

Golden rule of punishment there, Anny. Dont do anything that'll make your own life more miserable. And dont do anything you cant see through to the end. 2 golden rules of punishment, then

• Upvote 1

Lesson learnt

Haha.

And another one being if you can accept/live with the idea that this is going to be an entirely unbalanced relationship, unlike any you'd accept from anyone else, for the next 'little while' then I reckon you, your marriage and your kid will survive. Applying any great expectations and you're doomed. Provide security, money, encouragement, not too much for them to fight against and cake (not necessarily in that order) and you'll probably survive

Just wait till some spotty little meff in a black north face tracksuit pulls up in his cross blaring scouse house out waiting to take her out. 

He will be driven to the middle of nowhere tied up in my van and made to dig a big hole. See him again he will be in it.

• Upvote 1

He will be driven to the middle of nowhere tied up in my van and made to dig a big hole. See him again he will be in it.

Excellent. He doesn't even exist and I hate the cunt. She isn't even my daughter. The fucking little prick. Him not her. 

• Upvote 1

Haha! Before I learnt to change the code I used to just unplug the router and take it out with me and the younger two. I couldn't be doing with being in the same house as them when they had a normal strop, a strop without wifi was 10 times worse. When I did learn to change the router password I just used to change one or two of the letters or swap numbers, something I could (and she could if she'd bothered to try) figure out quite rapidly if needed. 

I also apply this to top ups for their mobiles. They don't get any if their room is a pit or any other room for that matter. I'm a working mum, not a skivvy. 

I've got a son who's 9, he's not perfect but he could be a lot worse, he lives with his ma and comes down weekends, some times through the week, parenthood so far to me has been great as a whole. made a lot easier by my current partner being so supportive, I'm 33 and have always assumed I'd have another child but over the last year I'm just thinking well, I've done the bringing up the baby malarkey once is their enough reward in it to do it again ??.

Seems like a bit of selfishness is creeping in with age, me and her have a great life at the moment, no real worries at all, get away often, I'd give all that up if I had another child, I suppose it's a decision we'll make together, as it stands she's on the fence, the idea of bringing up a teenage girl petrifies me though.

Doesn't she think she'll want any in the future and is there a big age gap between you both? The perk of such an age gap between J and any future sibling is a massive bonus, you've a ready made sitter right there. 

I was single raising my lot for longer than I was with their dad I suppose, yeah I was restricted in some cases, but I did become more selfish, and they learnt to adapt to me. If I wanted to go somewhere, they went whether they liked it or not. Having a second is a world away from your first. The first rules you, you rule the second. Well, thats how it was for me. 

Do it, your boy is gorgeous, you'd be cruel to the world to deny it another beauty. 

Guest davelfc

Wait until they reach their early 20's, meet a knobhead and marry them. Then the fun starts. I fucking wish mine were younger again, biggest problems they have are easily solved at that age. 

Golden rule of punishment there, Anny. Dont do anything that'll make your own life more miserable. And dont do anything you cant see through to the end. 2 golden rules of punishment, then

There are two golden rules of punishment, Dont do anything that'll make your own life more miserable. And dont do anything you cant see through to the end. And be consistent in the application of punishments. Three. Three golden rules of...

I'll go out and come in again.

There are two golden rules of punishment, Dont do anything that'll make your own life more miserable. And dont do anything you cant see through to the end. And be consistent in the application of punishments. Three. Three golden rules of...

Nah, fuck consistency. You need to keep them in a constant state of terror and confusion. No dictator ever succeeded by being fair

• Upvote 2

And now you've made me think of a fourth, let any punishment be proportionate. And as immediate as you can reasonably apply it. Thats five...

...from the woman who has never knowingly punished her kids for anything. Never had to

Nah, fuck consistency. You need to keep them in a constant state of terror and confusion. No dictator ever succeeded by being fair

And now you've made me think of a fourth, let any punishment be proportionate. And as immediate as you can reasonably apply it. Thats five...

...from the woman who has never knowingly punished her kids for anything. Never had to

Did I imagine Monty Python during a mushroom trip or something?