You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Plenty still wrong with the team, but imagine if we'd gotten Depay in the summer over this guy? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Might be on my own here, but I still think Depay will turn into a top player.  No one who saw him play in the Eredivisie would ever doubt it.  He has a poor attitude, to be sure, and van Gaal's tactics have stifled the life out of him, but there is a very good player in there somewhere.

Hopefully the Mancs will get sick of him and sell him for half what they paid before they figure out how good he can be.  Maybe it will happen in the shuffle when Jose comes in, that would be brilliant.  Then he'll go on to be excellent somewhere else and he will be another Pogba for them.

Having said all that, I'm still very glad we got Firmino instead.  He may look like a Brasilian lesbian, but he's very good at the football thing.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Might be on my own here, but I still think Depay will turn into a top player.  No one who saw him play in the Eredivisie would ever doubt it.  He has a poor attitude, to be sure, and van Gaal's tactics have stifled the life out of him, but there is a very good player in there somewhere.

Hopefully the Mancs will get sick of him and sell him for half what they paid before they figure out how good he can be.  Maybe it will happen in the shuffle when Jose comes in, that would be brilliant.  Then he'll go on to be excellent somewhere else and he will be another Pogba for them.

Having said all that, I'm still very glad we got Firmino instead.  He may look like a Brasilian lesbian, but he's very good at the football thing.

Agree. I'd buy Depay right now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What are you talking about you weirdo? It's 7:30 am.. Give us some context.

Did you click the arrow and see the context or not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lol at Numero trawling through old posts only to quote a post of me taking the piss...

Two months earlier (after the Bournemouth game) I already quoted that post, pretty much admitting it was ridiculous.

Give it up mate... I can sense another meltdown and self ban is where you're heading, if you keep going on this weird 'crusade'.

What on earth are you blabbering on about, you dirty grass? My point was perhaps you shouldn't be laughing at other people's misjudgment when you are clearly one of the most clueless cunts on this forum, or any other.

Run off to Dave with your hurt feelings. He seems to give more of a fuck than I do.

Abuse away mate, it's not the member forum, you cancelled your membership the last time you had a strop, remember? "EVERYONE HERE IS A CUNT!!" lol...

I admitted it was a ridiculous post, I'm happy for people to laugh at it... It was lol worthy... I'm also quite happy to laugh at people's ridiculous posts... Like yours a few years ago for example when The Woolster casually destroyed your argument about Lucas's sideway passing, and you come back with those forward passes were "effectively sideways". Ha.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Don't know what's funny cause he is currently our defender.

Abuse away mate, it's not the member forum, you cancelled your membership the last time you had a strop, remember?

No, I don't remember that. Because, of course, like most things in your head, it didn't happen. I got my membership revoked for not falling into line and stop calling you a cunt. I didn't, on account of you being a massive, snide little cunt.

"EVERYONE HERE IS A CUNT!!" lol...

Lol? Lulz? What are you, a 12 year New Zealender? Not everybody here is a cunt. I think a lot of people here are cunts. The majority are thick as pig shit and ignorant as fuck. I think they're silly kids who have absolutely no fucking clue what they're talking about. You're the posterchild for that. You're a grass, you're a liar and you're fucking clueless. It's up to Dave if he wants a forum full of people like that. I think they're most likely to be the ones who cough up. Fair enough. The better posters have pretty much all fucked off, bar a few. Those few are the only reason to come on here. That and I get to call you a cunt. If you think it's me getting angry or having a strop, you're sadly mistaken.

I admitted it was a ridiculous post, I'm happy for people to laugh at it... It was lol worthy... I'm also quite happy to laugh at people's ridiculous posts... Like yours a few years ago for example when The Woolster casually destroyed your argument about Lucas's sideway passing, and you come back with those forward passes were "effectively sideways". Ha.

Erm, no, you fucking idiot. I judge sideways passes as passes that go fucking sideways. Not just passes that are exactly 90 degrees. Of course, I stand by what I said in those posts and still think I was absolutely right, regardless of stats that call an 89 (or 91?) degree pass a forward pass. Sorry for actually questioning the information given. You probably don't do that a lot. You're a lucas fucktard, so who gives a fuck what you think? If the best you can come up with is a long, lengthy debate that had two opposing sides in counter to your 'Firmino isn't skillful' post, then you're a bit of a twat. Which, of course, is true. Except for the bit part. Which should read 'massive'.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, Depay has talent. His problem is that he does not suit a team who try to build up attacks slowly and prioritze possession like United. Get him in a more counter-attacking setup like he was in at PSV and he'd be very productive.

Yeah, but it's too easy just to say 'he's shit'. It takes no knowledge, no understanding, it's just blerted out by those who just don't know what they're talking about. It's so typical now. The posts made 10 years ago and the posts made now are entirely different in tone and content. Of course, you had fucktards then, but we're overrun now.

No, I don't remember that. Because, of course, like most things in your head, it didn't happen. I got my membership revoked for not falling into line and stop calling you a cunt. I didn't, on account of you being a massive, snide little cunt.

Lol? Lulz? What are you, a 12 year New Zealender? Not everybody here is a cunt. I think a lot of people here are cunts. The majority are thick as pig shit and ignorant as fuck. I think they're silly kids who have absolutely no fucking clue what they're talking about. You're the posterchild for that. You're a grass, you're a liar and you're fucking clueless. It's up to Dave if he wants a forum full of people like that. I think they're most likely to be the ones who cough up. Fair enough. The better posters have pretty much all fucked off, bar a few. Those few are the only reason to come on here. That and I get to call you a cunt. If you think it's me getting angry or having a strop, you're sadly mistaken.

Erm, no, you fucking idiot. I judge sideways passes as passes that go fucking sideways. Not just passes that are exactly 90 degrees. Of course, I stand by what I said in those posts and still think I was absolutely right, regardless of stats that call an 89 (or 91?) degree pass a forward pass. Sorry for actually questioning the information given. You probably don't do that a lot. You're a lucas fucktard, so who gives a fuck what you think? If the best you can come up with is a long, lengthy debate that had two opposing sides in counter to your 'Firmino isn't skillful' post, then you're a bit of a twat. Which, of course, is true. Except for the bit part. Which should read 'massive'.

That's a bit harsh, all the people I've met on here have been ever so nice. Just because people disagree with your opinion, it doesn't make them clueless or idiots. This is a football forum, disagreements are expected. People used to disagree on legends like Didi, Xabi, etc... Now that we don't have players of that calibre anymore, people are going to disagree even more often, and that's fine I think.

IIRC, I did ask you nicely to stop with the abuse and focus more on talking football. You continued, hence the report? What else was I meant to do? However I do feel a bit bad about it now (even though it was mostly your fault), but if you want me to reimburse you on the money that you lost, please let me know, I'm more than happy to do it.

Re-read your post again now please Numero, don't you see it as a bit weird that a grown man, logs on to an Internet forum, to call someone he doesn't know, a cunt? Why? And you obviously give a fuck what I think, you trawled through posts from what 6 months ago to find a ridiculous post that I made. What for? I never claimed I was always right. I thought Joe Allen was going to be a star midfielder for us and I even bought his top for God's sake! I've made a few inaccurate observations, drawn incorrect conclusions and will in all likelihood continue to do so.. but that's okay, as I said, I'm happy for people to laugh at it, just as I'm happy to laugh at ridiculous posts made by someone else.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

if you want me to reimburse you on the money that you lost, please let me know, I'm more than happy to do it.

Hahaha.

Re-read your post again now please Numero, don't you see it as a bit weird that a grown man, logs on to an Internet forum, to call someone he doesn't know, a cunt? Why? And you obviously give a fuck what I think, you trawled through posts from what 6 months ago to find a ridiculous post that I made.

Trawl through old posts? What are you talking about. I searched your name. It takes two seconds.

What for?

I've already explained why.