You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke

They could introduce Hank and the DEA office and and their work against the cartels before Walt and Jesse's arrival on the scene.

Indeed, or carry on with Jimmy's life after he goes into witness protection etc, which is the most probable route they will go. We're probably in for at least another 2 seasons of BCS, probably 3 if they are covering a year of Jimmy/Mike's lives with each season. 

I was thinking the same thing but Mike will be a problem as he's getting older so they would either have to completely exclude him which is a no no cause he is one of the best things about the show or replace the actors with a younger actor.

Guest Pistonbroke

I was thinking the same thing but Mike will be a problem as he's getting older so they would either have to completely exclude him which is a no no cause he is one of the best things about the show or replace the actors with a younger actor.

He's at that age where really good make up artists can span at least a 10 year period, of course that all depends on the actor being up to carrying on with his/her career. Jonathan Banks who plays Mike is about 70 and doesn't look unhealthy for his age, lots of mileage left in his career imo. 

It really is a good show.

All the small details, leaving aside the quality of the two main story lines.

Last week, the lawyer who Jimmy was trying to get information from, on the court-house bench, sits down for lunch and opens two different flavoured crisp packets so he can alternate between the two. You could tell this was his daily routine--coffee and crisps and a bit of catch-up work on the bench in the hall.

They could have done without that character entirely, and have Jimmy just tell Kim what was going on with the outside prosecutor, etc., instead they create another little gem or two.

And this week Mike sitting in the toll-booth reading "Handyman" magazine after telling Jimmy how much he enjoyed fixing Chuck's door.

I'm loving the over-all stories, but it's those details that are setting the show apart for me. 

It was almost comical how much of a cunt Chuck was about receiving an extra few dollars in damages.

It was a great way of saying he did not care about the contents of the cassette, just the cassette itself. He was pretty much telling him I have a copy.

Wasn't it more a way to put the cassette tape specifically on record after agreeing to a less specific summary in the written statement.

Chuck wanted damage of property to be destruction of a cassette tape. They agreed on something on the middle with no reference to the tape, but then added the tape "which was destroyed" onto the bill, meaning it was back on the record.

The fact that the woman repeated "for a cassette tape" as she jotted down the note was purposeful.

Wasn't it more a way to put the cassette tape specifically on record after agreeing to a less specific summary in the written statement.

Chuck wanted damage of property to be destruction of a cassette tape. They agreed on something on the middle with no reference to the tape, but then added the tape "which was destroyed" onto the bill, meaning it was back on the record.

The fact that the woman repeated "for a cassette tape" as she jotted down the note was purposeful.

If the cassette is on record as being destroyed, they can't use a duplicate in court I assume?

Why not? They've never discussed the contents of the cassette, just that he destroyed a cassette.

The point is likely to be, he wanted to destroy the cassette, here's why...

Why not? They've never discussed the contents of the cassette, just that he destroyed a cassette.

The point is likely to be, he wanted to destroy the cassette, here's why...

Kim and Jimmy definitely have a scheme which went well, as at the end she said 'Bingo'.

Obviously, but I don't follow the logic that the other tape can't be heard because it's a copy. In fact, chuck said as much, and actually said that it was the copy - not the original - that was destroyed.

I've no clue where it is going, but both sides are scheming here, not just Kim and jimmy.

Fuck you Chuck you massive cunt. 

As soon as the vet asked whether the guy needed to fit in anywhere tight I hoped it was the return of Huell. 

Episode 5 Chicanery, one of the greatest episodes of television ever ?

Colonel Jessop and his few good men have nothing on Slippin Jimmy and BCS.

45 minutes is nowhere near long enough. Just outstanding.

10/10

• Upvote 3

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Bittersweet though.

Chuck is mentally ill--they all knew it, Howard included, yet danced around the issue, all for their own reasons, selfish or otherwise.

The close, with him sitting there, lost under the "EXIT" sign, was almost a bit too on-the-nose.

Guest Pistonbroke

I concur with what everyone else has said, a great episode and excellently done. The ending was excellent to, the Exit sign summing up Chuck's situation, both from a personal as well as professional point of view, couldn't have happened to a more vindictive cunt. It will be interesting to see where the producers go with things now, it most certainly isn't over and the way things panned out will have repercussions for all of the leading characters in one way or another. After watching BCS it's a pain having to wait a whole fucking week for the next episode. 

Ahh well, back to Netflix.