You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season predictions

Jose Jones

How are we going to do?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. League?

2. 2. Champions League?

• Winners
    • Good run to the knockout stages
    • Out in the groups
  3. 3. Domestic Cups?

We need to sign a top goalscorer to have any chance of doing anything.With just Dan who gets injured and Lambert who dosent imo fit in and Borini the jinxed Italian we have a problem.

We have all seen what a top striker who isnt injury prone can do for a team.The best seasons we have had for years was with Suarez and a fresh faced Torres.

United without Van Persie fit a mid table side but we arnt as bad as them luckily. If we can get somebody in then this season could be spectacular.

The fact they were sniffing Falcao suggests that the club know they need a big beast up front. It's a pity Sanchez was so determined to join Arsenal. May Besiktas teach him the error of his ways.

If Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling are fit for around 80% of our league games, we'll get 3rd or so. Overall, I'm reasonably confident we'll get top four which I feel would represent a good season.

I think we'll either go out at the first knockout round of the CL or win the Europa League.

As for the domestic cups, I'd use them as an opportunity to blood a few youngsters or allow the likes of Kelly and Borini (if he stays) to show what they're capable of.

I know it's a team game, but one man can make a huge difference. Just ask Man Utd fans.

Not to deny we were a one man team but that man was Rodgers. He made suarez play as he did. He improved sterling, sturridge, etc One of the main grouses last season was that when the players got knackered, we had no one from the bench to continue the pressing game. The only pressing that victor moses was capable of was his ass on the ground.

We've taken care of those areas and hopefully we get moreno and a striker or false striker which'll leave us in a very good condition come the start of the season. I also think coutinho and sterling will step it up a notch higher too

I'd take De Gea, Mata, Kagawa, Herrera and RVP.

I think there's not a huge amount between the two squads. Hopefully Rodgers' positivity proves to trump LVG's methodical defensive approach, but I think those expecting Utd to be similar to the team under Moyes will be in for a shock, sadly.

I'd forgotten Mata, so him along with Van Persia and De Gea. I think there's 4 teams with clearly better squads than the Mancs so 5th at best for them unless someone implodes. Spurs and Everton might not finish ahead of them this time but they could.

I'd forgotten Mata, so him along with Van Persia and De Gea. I think there's 4 teams with clearly better squads than the Mancs so 5th at best for them unless someone implodes. Spurs and Everton might not finish ahead of them this time but they could.

It's tough to know how they'll fare until we see LVG's tactics in action. I suspect he'll be like Mourinho last season (unsurprising given their relationship), flooding the team with CMs and CBs, slowing the pace and using just a couple of flair players to grab goals.

It worked well at the World Cup, but then he had penalty shoot outs to get through. If he tries the same in the league he may end up seeing a number of sides happy to sit back and take 0-0.

Not to deny we were a one man team but that man was Rodgers. He made suarez play as he did. He improved sterling, sturridge, etc One of the main grouses last season was that when the players got knackered, we had no one from the bench to continue the pressing game. The only pressing that victor moses was capable of was his ass on the ground.

We've taken care of those areas and hopefully we get moreno and a striker or false striker which'll leave us in a very good condition come the start of the season. I also think coutinho and sterling will step it up a notch higher too

It's not hard to see a scenario where we continue our progression from last season. The most devastating period of Rodgeball, when we pinned Arsenal to the ground and repeatedly punched them in the face for twenty minutes, was one where Suarez was (relatively) peripheral. It's going to requite an awful lot of variables to come together though and, as an tha hinted at, two of our rivals can get a lot of things wrong in terms of signings in a way that Liverpool can not.

United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will all be better this season. It'll be a tough ask to repeat last season's top two finish, especially after selling our best ever player.

Watching City yesterday left me wondering how the hell we managed to lose out on the title to them. They were dire.

On that basis, I'd be surprised if last season's top two were this season's top two.

• Upvote 1

I think we'll get 4th at least. Based on other teams business I dont see anyone who will displace us.

All this talk of United being back up the top challenging is fanciful unless they sign more players.

And even if they did, they will never ever be the force they were under Ferguson. 

Don't be fooled by David Moyes' ability to make a sow's ear from a silk purse. United will definitely be a force, this is the side that won the title two years ago, except it's jettisoned the dead wood that was cockblocking promising young players from the team.

Sadly the Mancs are bound to be better than they were, I reckon having Van Gaal will bring back some of the fear factor when they are at home to the dross in the league, something that wasn't there when Gollum was in charge, teams went there and had a go.

As somebody else said earlier he will park the bus in the big games and look to get attritional 0-0's.

I can see then being top 4 challengers all season, especially given their dead easy start which will give them belief and worse than that cause a media wankfest.

They also don't have Europe to worry about giving Van Gaal plenty of time to get his ways across without having the pressure of big midweek games, it will help them like it undoubtedly helped us last season, going into games fresh.

I hate saying it, but I believe they will improve markedly, just not having Moyes is worth a fair few points to them.

Sadly the Mancs are bound to be better than they were, I reckon having Van Gaal will bring back some of the fear factor when they are at home to the dross in the league, something that wasn't there when Gollum was in charge, teams went there and had a go.

As somebody else said earlier he will park the bus in the big games and look to get attritional 0-0's.

I can see then being top 4 challengers all season, especially given their dead easy start which will give them belief and worse than that cause a media wankfest.

They also don't have Europe to worry about giving Van Gaal plenty of time to get his ways across without having the pressure of big midweek games, it will help them like it undoubtedly helped us last season, going into games fresh.

I hate saying it, but I believe they will improve markedly, just not having Moyes is worth a fair few points to them.

Fortunately their defence is terrible and will cost them badly this season. Van Gaal's playing three at the back (Evans, Jones and Smalling) not only are they all rubbish, there is no cover in case any of them get injured.

Rafael has been told he can go, they are playing Ashley Young!? at right wing back, and to make matters worse they're relying on a 19 year old kid on the other side. That defence can be got at by everyone, i expect them to start buoyantly then fade away after christmas when the reality sets in and Potatohead's head is elsewhere.

Don't be fooled by David Moyes' ability to make a sow's ear from a silk purse. United will definitely be a force, this is the side that won the title two years ago, except it's jettisoned the dead wood that was cockblocking promising young players from the team.

Yeah but the opposite applies to Ferguson's ability as a manager. He could turn shite into caviar. 

Fortunately their defence is terrible and will cost them badly this season. Van Gaal's playing three at the back (Evans, Jones and Smalling) not only are they all rubbish, there is no cover in case any of them get injured.

Rafael has been told he can go, they are playing Ashley Young!? at right wing back, and to make matters worse they're relying on a 19 year old kid on the other side. That defence can be got at by everyone, i expect them to start buoyantly then fade away after christmas when the reality sets in and Potatohead's head is elsewhere.

That will do for me.

As there's no match thread yet this may as well go here.

Get on these sad cunts.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51372-Song-for-Lallana#.U-nH0HVwaBY

Lallana's off sick

Lallana's off sick

Must be a scouser

The arrogant prick.

Gave me a chuckle at least. What a bunch of deluded turds. If they treat every player who jumped ship with such contempt then they won't spend much time cheering their own team.