You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jon Flanagan

Coro

He's not good enough to be a regular starter in a team in the Champions League. He gets beaten a lot and is not all that great going forward. I'd keep him for depth as it is obvious he can fill in admirably, but he is nowhere near consistent enough to be the starter.

Consistency will come with experience I'm hoping. In certain games he's been fantastic, and whilst he's put in a couple of dodgy performances the positives outweigh the negatives for me. I think he'll be our 1st choice right back at the start of next season.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see who gets to play in the right back position next season. Glenn Johnson looks to stay in his final season at the club. Then we have Andre Wisdom coming  back from Derby who has been getting rave reviews too.

Jon may end up out of the squad entirely with a new left coming in and Enrique reaching fitness.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He won't be first choice next season but he will offer very capable cover in both full back positions. Great player to have around.

Yeah. Utility player over the short term and then see how he develops over the longer term. Hopefully into the next Cafu.

I'd be disappointed if he is first choice.

Well, we don't seem to be going after a right back and I think Johnson's time is up. That leaves us Wisdom who has been pretty good in a derby side fighting for promotion to the premier league or Flanagan who has been pretty good in a Liverpool side fighting for the premier league title.

• Upvote 1

I literally can't tell whether Cafu realises that the 'Scouse Cafu' thing was people taking the piss.That picture is just one more jewel on the crown that was this brilliant season, even if we did fall short in the end.

It's all very surreal.

How the hell did he explain the trip to his wife?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, we don't seem to be going after a right back

Think you're jumping the gun on that one mate.

It will be interesting to see who gets to play in the right back position next season. Glenn Johnson looks to stay in his final season at the club. Then we have Andre Wisdom coming  back from Derby who has been getting rave reviews too.

Jon may end up out of the squad entirely with a new left coming in and Enrique reaching fitness.

hope martin kelly is given a chance...

The same people writing off a 21 year old full back are also telling us Sahko will be the dogs bollocks.

Weird.

Sakho has been captaining one of the biggest sides in France for years, has played in the cl and for his country.

Flanno has played 6-8 months first team football for his club, there is a massive difference between the two.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Youth and U21 captain for France, too. No doubt he'll improve that leadership side when his status and language skills get better. I'd love to partner him with somebody who can sweep in behind. That way he can push forward into interceptions and still be covered.

Youth and U21 captain for France, too. No doubt he'll improve that leadership side when his status and language skills get better. I'd love to partner him with somebody who can sweep in behind. That way he can push forward into interceptions and still be covered.

Shame one of Agger or Sakho isn't right footed really.

Sakho has been captaining one of the biggest sides in France for years, has played in the cl and for his country.

Flanno has played 6-8 months first team football for his club, there is a massive difference between the two.

That's the point, genius.

Neither player has had the time to prove themselves. Flanagan is a right back who has been playing left back and Sakho is still getting accustomed to the league yet one is being written off whilst the other is a dead cert to succeed. The bizzaros of internet fandom strike again.

He'd be happy to be around the team, you know he can come in at either RB or LB and do a job.  I'd be giving him a new contract, he's every managers dream player to have around the squad.  He won't complain when he's not starting, but when you do throw him in he'll run through a brick wall for you.

• Upvote 1

What are you on about Vlad, hes comfortably the best full back at the club and is much more cultured player than carra was.

Agreed. Flanno is fucking boss. Cafu is a cheeky cunt saying Flanno is the new Cafu. 

what happened with your court case? Did I miss the de-brief?