You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Apr 20 2014)

WhiskeyJar

The difference between the two is that Sakho picks up the ball and always looks for the pass right away, Agger would move into the space with the ball, he stretches the play more, and by doing that he closes the gap between the defence and midfield. 

I think most of us had at least some reservations about him when he was given the job. He's been a breath of fresh air for this club. The manager is, was, and always will be, the most important person in any club, and it looks like we got it spectacularly right this time.

i'll be the first to admit that i wasnt a fan of Rodgers when he arrived.

The hope, pride and belief he has given us is pretty unfuckingbelievable.

The guy will be irreplaceable and i hope FSG give him a huge payrise for this. Players can come and go as far as im concerned, but the manager has to stay no matter what the cost.

Im already celebrating this title win, it's in the bag, this is the belief that Rodgers has given me.

Legend.

Negged for jinxing it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Numero, you negged for me hoping Sakho will be replaced by Agger? Fair enough if so, I just think he's better. I don't dislike Sakho, and maybe he'll even end up as good as, or better than Agger, who knows. Just think he's too rash at times though as he is now, like I said before. Hopefully this experience will do him good as well.

Yeah, I thought it was total bollocks but don't have time at the moment to get into a melon twisting convo

sakho has defo improved with ball at his feet. he got caught once today but other than that he was fine.

he was lucky when he slipped and took the legs from under one of their players. it was a slip though unlike last week when he made a rash challenge on the box.

Skrtel was immense I thought.

I thought he might of made the changes too early thinking the 3 pts were in the bag , especially couthino for Moses and though to be fair he must if wanted him sound for the probable decider next week. Great 3 pts anyhow when they were needed and it looks like this is it and we have something in place , well done red men bring on Chelsea for another 3pts as they know what it's like to come to an field when we sense something is within our grasp. This is fuckin' superb , though more than a bit edgy, which we have to address for next seasons euro campaign which Brendan will no doubt sort out. Great stuff.

Watched it round at a mates

Fuck me it was tense the second half ;why did we sit so deep after taking them apart to go 2 up ?

We are not equipped to defend a lead with three quarters of the game to go. Push on for the third and they would have folded

Thought we really missed Hendo , Lucas did very little for me. Sterling up front and Skrtel were immense . Honestly thought this would have been a bit easier but wtf Utd have ground out enough results on their way to the title over the years and we got the points . Well done Redmen. See off the plastic shite next week and were almost there

• Upvote 1

At the business end of the season it is just about results, and that is what Brendan is delivering.

A superb victory, and whilst others falter, we stay strong.Any successful campaign combines skill, luck and the non-performance of others. It is all coming right for us. The finishing line is in sight.

Rodgers has turned out to be superb, really gets the club, represents it well, the players clearly think he's great, he's brought real pride to the club as far as I'm concerned.

Irrespective of whether we win it or not, it's been an outstanding season. We're going to be a serious threat with him in charge for years to come.

I suspect his greatest ability is that he's able to improve players of all talents even great ones.

Yeah, I thought it was total bollocks but don't have time at the moment to get into a melon twisting convo

Hahah! Same with the melon twisting bit. It's just a disagreement about one of our players, if I loathed him it could be melon twisting, but I don't and hope he does well.

I haven't once said anything genuinely bad about him, I just think he's a bit rash, that to me isn't so bad when it's a younger player (if he was in the later stages of his career then it'd be an issue.) I think Flanno is a bit rash too at times, it's just that he doesn't have one of my favourite players that could also be in his position.

Will be happy if he does well and I'm wrong, just as I am with Hendo. I wasn't happy that Suso went out on loan at the start and Hendo stayed, (or that Jonjo was sold. I preferred Jonjo and Suso to Henderson before they both left.) but am obviously fine with it now. It's good that the manager was right and that the team is doing well, I'd have to be fucked in the head to be unhappy about my own opinion.

Wanting one of our players to be shit just so I could be right is alien to me and I really can't get my head around why some people are like that, (dropping points but being happy about ranting about a player is truly fucking mental the way I see it.) that isn't the case here with Sakho. I hope he plays brilliantly if picked, would just be sad for Agger at the same time that's all, but that's not Sakho's fault.

Don't know where the misconception that Sakho is bad on the ball comes from. It seemed to be all Alan Smith was talking about in commentary. I only remember him losing the ball once, and that's when Gerrard passed it to him when he shouldn't have.

Also reckon Mignolet was at fault for both goals. Obviously the first, but there's no way a ball should be arriving in your 6 yard box without coming to claim it. That's his territory.

Other than that, fuck me what a game. Result is all that matters, and we're now 5 points clear at the top of the league with 3 games to go. Mental, but delightful.

MOM had to be WhiskeyJar. The guy just keeps delivering, and if he'd shown this form all season, he'd be a banker for something.

• Upvote 1

Sakho is a brilliant passer of the ball for a CB. No issue there whatsoever. That said, his technique on receiving the ball has looked suspect, today especially. To be fair though, it's partly down to Flanagan selling him a bit short and asking a bit much of him when attackers are pressing. Other players should be showing and giving better options.

• Upvote 1