You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robson clearly has a ton of ability, as she's beaten so many top players. But then she'll come unstuck against the mediocre, like today. Once you get to a certain level, so much of it is in the mind.

She's a female Tim Henman.

She's 19 years old

I jumped to Laura's defence there; perhaps what I should have asked was, what do you mean by 'a Tim Henman'?

Fair play to the girl, she's just taken the second set

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Tim Henman = all the ability to win a Slam, but a bottler

I cant argue that he didnt win a slam but rather than praise his achievements you would appear to prefer to denigrate him for his lack of making that one final step.

And I need to return to my original point that you are comparing someone at the very beginning of her career to another player's full playing history. Whatever happens in this match you cant have failed to be impressed by her comeback from that first set

A Tim Henman = all the ability to win a Slam, but a bottler

I'm not sure about that.

Not sure he had enough talent to win it in the end, his second serve was too weak. Think he made the most of his talent and did well to get the a few semi finals.

If Robson has a similar record to Henman on grass she'll do very well.

Much more convincing cheer there' date=' girl!![/quote']

Brilliant showing that at the end. She's going to be a cracking player in years to come.

At the minute though, she struggles to deal with power and the likes of Williams will smash her unless she learns fast.

Chardy v Djokovic

Plain sailing for Djokovic so far, taking the first set in 29 minutes

Its not really a contest, is it? I nipped out to water the plants, come back in and that's the second set in another half hour

Its not really a contest, is it? I nipped out to water the plants, come back in and that's the second set in another half hour

Flicked between the tennis and Glasto but what I did see of the tennis Djokovic was awesome. Will take some beating if he plays like that in the second week.

Flicked between the tennis and Glasto but what I did see of the tennis Djokovic was awesome. Will take some beating if he plays like that in the second week.

Did you say awesome? He just brushed Chardy aside there....seemingly without effort