You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House fixy-uppy shit

Stu Monty

You have fuck all to do with the shop if anything goes wrong anyway, like my Smeg, any problems and Stoves won't let anyone but their own guys look at it.

I can't comment on ovens in particular as I know fuck all about them but some manufacturers are better than others at sorting things out and the same goes for shops.

Having a shop who will back you up and sort things for you is good to have.

You truly are the forum's undisputed Search Bitch. Thanks, mister.

How's the sideboard?

I've just spoken to what sounded like Mr Moore. He contacted Stoves for me and got back within a few minutes to confirm that stock comes straight from the manufacturer and I should be able to get it exactly when required.

Respect to you both

I've just spoken to what sounded like Mr Moore. He contacted Stoves for me and got back within a few minutes to confirm that stock comes straight from the manufacturer and I should be able to get it exactly when required.

Respect to you both

Here goes...Done

Noticed a small patch of black mould appearing in the corner of our bedroom ceiling (one corner being the outside wall, the other the adjoining wall to next door)

Just had the roof sorted after a leak so unsure if it's just residue from that.  In between the inevitable arguments with my my missus about the need to leave a window open every now and again ("but it's cold!!!") might get a dehumidifier to take the moisture out of the air.

Does anyone use these and are they successful?

Also isn't owning your house just one problem after another? 

Noticed a small patch of black mould appearing in the corner of our bedroom ceiling (one corner being the outside wall, the other the adjoining wall to next door)

Just had the roof sorted after a leak so unsure if it's just residue from that.  In between the inevitable arguments with my my missus about the need to leave a window open every now and again ("but it's cold!!!") might get a dehumidifier to take the moisture out of the air.

Does anyone use these and are they successful?

Also isn't owning your house just one problem after another?

Sleeping with the window closed isn't going to cause the mould on your ceiling. You need someone in to look at it. Sorry

I can't comment on ovens in particular as I know fuck all about them but some manufacturers are better than others at sorting things out and the same goes for shops.

Having a shop who will back you up and sort things for you is good to have.

Good work on the sideboard, by the way, but the thing I noticed was how the colour on the wall changes from the ceiling to the floor. We've just been choosing colours for our kitchen and sitting area; its amazing how colours change depending on the amount of light cast on different parts of the room

Damnit. I've just had the roof fixed for a leek as well. 

I'll get up on the kitchen extension when the weather is better.

I'd get back on to them and don't leave it too long...it wont sort itself...and now the weather's turned you'll be in a queue behind everyone else

I'd get back on to them and don't leave it too long...it wont sort itself...and now the weather's turned you'll be in a queue behind everyone else

Will do.  Only contracted them to fix the leak on the roof which was dripping on the other side of the house.  It's going to be a lean Christmas in the Dangerously household. 

Will do.  Only contracted them to fix the leak on the roof which was dripping on the other side of the house.  It's going to be a lean Christmas in the Dangerously household.

The fear of fear is often worse than the fear itself. Get them back and then at least you know what you're dealing with