You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the stakes are high against us Moyes tends to get his team extra negative and snidey. Can see a red card or two in this one. And a game of backs vs. forwards. It will still be tight though for the most part. Those fuckers will be dangerous from setpieces.

3-1 with a very late third goal.

Sturridge (2), Gerrard, Fellaini.

Guest San Don
Great to see Ronnie Moran at Melwood.

Is right. A true gent and great servant to the club.

Meanwhile, distin being a twat(ter) I see. You'd think someone who hasnt been on the winning side for the shite at Anfield would have more sense, but clearly not.

BBC Sport - Liverpool v Everton: Distin teases Reds fans on Twitter

Everton defender Sylvain Distin has mocked Liverpool fans before Sunday's Merseyside derby, claiming they are "begging for a mistake" from him.

Distin was at fault when the teams met in last season's FA Cup semi-final, under-hitting a backpass that allowed Luis Suarez to score at Wembley.

But the Frenchman tweeted on Friday: "My red followers been very quiet this season. I wonder why? Now they beg me for a mistake to make them feel better.

"I am feeling sad for them."

Sixth-placed Everton are five points and one place ahead of Liverpool in the table with three games remaining, and will be guaranteed to finish ahead of their neighbours for a second successive season if they win at Anfield in the Premier League for the first time in 14 years.

In last season's semi-final, Distin's backpass failed to reach Everton keeper Tim Howard and Liverpool striker Suarez was only too happy to take advantage to equalise before Andy Carroll's goal sent the Reds back to Wembley for the final against Chelsea.

But former Manchester City player Distin says he is using last year's Wembley disappointment as a motivation for this weekend's clash.

Liverpool v Everton: the red mist

Liverpool v Everton

There have been no red cards in the last three meetings between Everton and Liverpool. In the previous 16 league and cup games between the two sides, 12 players were sent off

"It's strange because when people ask me for my highlight of last season I often mention the semi-final," he told Everton's website.

"Some people don't understand why I'd say that, but I learned a lot about myself and my team-mates, the staff here and the fans.

"You see what people really feel. Also you learn a lot about yourself."

Distin has featured in 31 of Everton's 35 top-flight games this season, including a 2-2 draw with Liverpool at Goodison Park last October.

Asked what it would mean to him personally if Everton secured a first Anfield win during his 11-year Goodison reign, Toffees boss David Moyes said: "Nothing personally.

"For Everton - for the team and the supporters - it will mean an awful lot, but personally, it is not an important thing really.

"I'm looking forward to trying to get a result for the supporters."

Meanwhile, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he has not found a replacement for long-serving defender Jamie Carragher.

Carragher will play his 30th and final Merseyside derby on Sunday after announcing the end of his playing career.

He will join Reds stars Ian Rush, Bruce Grobbelaar, Alan Hansen, Ian Callaghan and Ronnie Whelan in having played at least 30 times against the Toffees.

But Rodgers says he is yet to identify a replacement for the 35-year-old.

"Jamie has obviously been a colossal player and still is for the club and if you lose someone of that magnitude it can be difficult," said the Northern Irishman.

"The job is to look at other possibilities and move forward. We've looked at some players but there is nothing concrete."

This is us .that is them, end of......

Stevie G interview.

‘Yeah but they haven’t won anything have they?’ said Gerrard. ‘It’s nothing to finish sixth or seventh in this league, you know that. Listen, if Everton finish above us and their supporters are really happy and their players and everyone is really happy, then that’s up to them.

‘But if we finish above Everton there will be no celebrating or anything around here because it’s nothing really. It’s no big deal. No big deal. We want to win the derby, of course we do. We want to finish above Everton, of course we do.

‘In the big picture is it really, really important?… I don’t know. ..Maybe not.’

Read more: Steven Gerrard: Everton may finish above Liverpool, but they never win anything | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Asked what it would mean to him personally if Everton secured a first Anfield win during his 11-year Goodison reign, Toffees boss David Moyes said: "Nothing personally.

"For Everton - for the team and the supporters - it will mean an awful lot, but personally, it is not an important thing really.

How could he not take it personally? In 11 attempts he's never won at Anfield? Seemed like an odd thing to say. Anyway, since it's not all that important to him, he won't mind if we keep it that way.

Guest davelfc

Going to set off in about an hour or so, meeting my youngest daughter in town first. It will be her first derby, she's mad about football and has really looked forward to today. In truth it has helped me summon some sort of excitement about it, in many ways today's derby is almost as bad as watching two tramps fight for a rotten apple. I read comments from people saying they're getting nervous or getting excited and I think, meh!

I think we will win today, don't ask me why. Probably because we will score more than them. Once the crowd start and the match kicks off I know I'll certainly be up for it then, I hope.

I remember getting the voucher at the "voucher game" in 87 that meant I could get a ticket for the first time. Screw the united game, this was the one. Won 3-1. Think Rush broke Dixie Deans derby goal record that day. Everton went on to be champions!! Shows how long back that was!