You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We played well will be the mantra. Well I fucking expect us to outplay the shittest team in the league soon to be championship shite. Bad day in the office, a wee bit of luck. Er no, people just not being good enough from top to bottom.

Is right.

That's what they do in training: try to hit the goalkeeper as many times as they can.

I've seen video footage of Gerrard teaching kids how to shoot, and he says that he always aims at the goalkeeper because the ball tends to end up swerving away.

Fuck it, sack Rodgers and play this team next time.

------------------Pepe-------------------

Johnson---Wisdom-----Agger----Enrique

Assaidi-----Gerrard---Shelvey---Downing

-----------Suarez-----Morgan------------

442, back to basics, get the ball out wide and twat it between the keeper and the penalty spot.

You cant teach old dogs new tricks, and this is the 442 generation, from the country that embraces 442, where the players have grown up playing 442 from age 6.

I don't remember my sports teacher telling us that we're going to be playing a false nine.

Guest ShoePiss
And we've reached the magical fifty point mark with five games to spare.

I can't wait for the season to be over, not because I'm not enjoying myself but because I'm excited about comparing our points total to last season. It's going to be a joy to behold.

SEE, WE HAVE IMPROVED ON LAST SEASON.

Can not wait.

I can't wait for the season to be over, not because I'm not enjoying myself but because I'm excited about comparing our points total to last season. It's going to be a joy to behold.

SEE, WE HAVE IMPROVED ON LAST SEASON.

Can not wait.

If we get 53 points that is progress. Fuck context, fuck trophies, and fuck the fact that we're still completely fucking shit.

Guest ShoePiss
If we get 53 points that is progress. Fuck context, fuck trophies, and fuck the fact that we're still completely fucking shit.

Couldn't agree more.

Infuriating game. I can only assume it's because I was daft enough to bet on us that we didn't win so sorry about that. Otherwise one of those chances would surely have gone in. Some amazing saves from the keeper - the one from Gerrard in particular was just unbelievable. Having said that though some of our finishing and decision making in the final third of the field were actually criminal against a team who seemed to spend most of the match just asking us to score. Unfair to maybe single one player out from that performance but Sturridge after his bright start has been crap for some time now. Maybe we decided to draw 0-0 on purpose just to end any chance of getting in that pesky Europa League next season.

I've seen video footage of Gerrard teaching kids how to shoot, and he says that he always aims at the goalkeeper because the ball tends to end up swerving away.

Fuck it, sack Rodgers and play this team next time.

------------------Pepe-------------------

Johnson---Wisdom-----Agger----Enrique

Assaidi-----Gerrard---Shelvey---Downing

-----------Suarez-----Morgan------------

442, back to basics, get the ball out wide and twat it between the keeper and the penalty spot.

You cant teach old dogs new tricks, and this is the 442 generation, from the country that embraces 442, where the players have grown up playing 442 from age 6.

I don't remember my sports teacher telling us that we're going to be playing a false nine.

Assaidi? You been smoking crystal Meth?

Guest ShoePiss
Explain to me what else Rodgers could have done today? We had countless chances to score but we wasted them. How is that Rodgers fault? The leagues top scorer was on the pitch and even he was wasteful.

Suarez had a good game and got a lot of shots on target, didn't see him as wasteful really.

We had chances because they're fucking dire, really shit. We lacked desire, we didn't keep the pressure up for long enough. We didn't care.

Rodgers has given his blessing for this kind of thing.

We're not a million miles off being a very good team. Then again, almost any Premiership team can say that.

If we bought a couple of decent attacking players, for example Arjen Robben and Robert Lewandowski, we'd be 20 points better off a season.

Make half a yard, bullet shot on target, someone following up in the box.

The reluctance to change anything annoyed me as much the poor finishing today. Why not let Suarez roam the wing and leave Sturridge at centre forward. It worked well against Arsenal and City but he's not brave enough to try it against Reading?

Really can't understand the point of Downing, he does fuck all. Would rather have kept Henderson on and unleashed Gerrard further forward.