You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I'd happily sign him before another top club get him, this lad is going to be class you mark my words, he's both footed, skilful, gets stuck in and is very quick, all the attributes of a very good player in the making, he's only 19 as well, it's no coincidence Palace are where they are, he's been first choice CM all season, at his age that's impressive.

He played very well against Scotland last week albeit those and the other night against Croatia with a tough test against Modric and Raktic he absolutely run the show, he was fantastic.

I honestly wouldn't be against it, the other Williams well.... He's a cart horse.

He's gonna be a quality player wherever it may be' date=' id swap him for Allen.

Never rated Allen, hope I'm proven wrong but he ain't got it for me, needs to bulk up and grow a pair.[/quote']

Are you from Cardiff? Serious question.

As for that Welsh Iniesta, as I heard him described the other day, I've never seen him play but would like to remind everybody that Joe Allen was tearing up the championship at his age and the premiership last season, now everyone thinks he's shit. Basically, football fans are morons and if he comes here he'll probably be crushed by the expectation and ruin his career.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's nice to have you back, sir.

Having just read the 'Does Rodgers Deserver Another Season' thread, I think I might spaz off out of it again!

The Telegraph have suggested we're eyeing up a £12m move for Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar in the summer.

Hope there's real interest in this lad. Very impressive every time I've managed to catch Shakhtar in the Champions League.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has started planning for more attacking reinforcements at Anfield by adding Armenia international Henrikh Mkhitaryan to his summer wishlist.

Mkhitaryan is one of several advanced midfield players on Rodgers’ radar, with Ajax’s Christian Eriksen and Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa also under serious consideration.

Rodgers is keen to recruit another ‘number ten’ to play behind his strikers, although he is also prioritising a central defender to replace Jamie Carragher when the transfer window reopens.

The 24-year-old Mkhitaryan has caught the attention by impressing Shakhtar Dontesk, but he would cost around £12 million.

A more high profile target is Danish international Eriksen, the 21-year-old from Ajax who has just 18 months left on his current deal, alerting most of Europe’s top clubs to his availability.

Liverpool know they would face serious competition for Eriksen, which is why they’re eager to compile a variety of options – thus avoiding a scenario similar to last summer when the collapse of the Clint Dempsey deal left Rodgers with no viable alternative to cover the loss of Andy Carroll.

Ben Arfa is a possibility because Liverpool expect Newcastle to renew their interest in Carroll at the end of the season. A swap deal could make Carroll’s return to St James’ Park more feasible.

I do think we need a genuine attacking midfielder - particulary with the formation that we play, I don't think Suarez can play there, particularly away from home. But, Erikson has never really stood out for me - but would be something of a coup if we could get him, Bale plays central for Spurs so they may not bother.

I believe Williams is our preferred option to replace Carragher (others depend upon Skrtel) - but it is primarily for his leadership qualities, someone who will take responsibility. But I don't think I was being told anything new.

And I love transfer threads - I love the gossip, the possibilities, new players coming in, those going, thinking through formations and the like. Just don't take it too seriously.

Transfer news: Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen linked with Liverpool

By Gerrit van Leeuwen. Last Updated: March 29, 2013 8:44am

Marc Overmars has confirmed Liverpool have been 'frequent visitors' to Ajax this season amid reports Christian Eriksen is Brendan Rodgers' top summer transfer target.

Eriksen has long been regarded as one of the brightest talents in European football and the Denmark international only has one more season to run on his Ajax contract.

The 21-year-old confirmed last week that he was uncertain about his long-term future at the Amsterdam ArenA as he had not received a 'detailed' offer of a contract extension.

Reports in the Dutch and English media have subsequently claimed that Liverpool are favourites to snap up Eriksen in a transfer worth around €20million (£16.9m).

Ajax technical director Overmars would not comment on the transfer rumours, but acknowledged that Liverpool have regularly had scouts watching their games.

"We have a list of scouts from foreign clubs who have visited us and Liverpool have been a frequent visitor," Overmars told De Telegraaf.

Eriksen has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, with Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur among the other clubs to have a reported interest.

Meanwhile, speculation has also suggested that Shakhtar Donetsk's Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Newcastle United winger Hatem Ben Arfa are alternatives for Rodgers if the Liverpool manager fails to land Eriksen

Transfer news: Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen linked with Liverpool | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

quality player

Robbie Rogers: why coming out as gay meant I had to leave football | Football | The Guardian

This lad is available on a free, has 18 caps for USA. Probably a bit shit but no worse than Downing. With 10% of the worlds population (and growing) said to be gay, this lad could be a massive money spinner. Tap the yank and gay market at the same time, we would be global news for weeks, a no brainer.

Robbie Rogers: why coming out as gay meant I had to leave football | Football | The Guardian

This lad is available on a free, has 18 caps for USA. Probably a bit shit but no worse than Downing. With 10% of the worlds population (and growing) said to be gay, this lad could be a massive money spinner. Tap the yank and gay market at the same time, we would be global news for weeks, a no brainer.

What does moneyball say about gay players ?

Shit link but...

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to upset former club Swansea by pinching midfielder Jonathan de Guzman from under their noses.

De Guzman is currently on a season-long loan deal at Swansea but the club are keen to make the move permanent after his outstanding performances in the last few months.

But according to sources in Holland, the 25-year-old, who is owned by Spanish side Villarreal, is also a target for Liverpool with the club confident they can bag the enforcer on the cheap.

De Guzman is all but certain to be flogged by Villarreal, with the club keen to raise funds, and despite thinking they were in the driving seat to sign the player, the Reds have other ideas.

Rodgers is ready to infuriate Swansea by sparking a bidding war for his services, and is confident he can persuade the player to snub life in Wales and head to Anfield.

Are you from Cardiff? Serious question.

As for that Welsh Iniesta, as I heard him described the other day, I've never seen him play but would like to remind everybody that Joe Allen was tearing up the championship at his age and the premiership last season, now everyone thinks he's shit. Basically, football fans are morons and if he comes here he'll probably be crushed by the expectation and ruin his career.

No mate I'm not from Cardiff, I do like the look of Willians though as for Allen I don't think he's a bad player but I just don't think he's physical enough, he's just too lightweight, he's looked way out of his depth for me.