You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I stand by my earlier comment on Henderson that he is a pleasure to watch. He was really good today.

People probably didn't see how many times Lucas, Allen, Sterling gave the ball away. That's alright.

According to Pascoe, Henderson was was up all night sick, vomiting.

Perhaps he was unnecessarily looking at replays of how he has developed in the last 18 months?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought henderson added energy to the midfield which has been lethargic of late, his running made it easier for others.

Yep and that energy is vital in this system. Should stay in the team on form.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Downing.... good season.... what?!

He has been less of a pussy lately and had a couple of good moments, nothing more

You're talking to the guy who said Suarez needs to be dropped because of how lazy he is and that Suarez is the problem. He's a total nut, and utterly clueless. When he says Downing had a good season, it's best laughed it. Rationalising will only make it worse.

Downing's having a very good season, and it COULD have started earlier if he'd been given an opportunity, instead of being pre-judged. He was ready and waiting to perform from August. Still, BR saw sense eventually. Henderson was reasonable today but not brilliant. The whole team looked better, but once again, the opposition was crap. A good side would have countered us easy.

mypost v2.0

Going a bit overboard with the praise for Henderson. He gave the ball away a couple of times, but to be fair to him, he was playing with illness. Sterling was not particularly good tonight, I must say.

Games like this are exactly why he's not worth the 50k his agent was apparently after. I like the lad and I think he's got it in him to be a top player, but his decision making in the final third really is poor. I think it'll come with experience though.

Anyway, can't complain at that. They really are shite, but a great win all the same. Suarez is just unbelievably good.

Games like this are exactly why he's not worth the 50k his agent was apparently after. I like the lad and I think he's got it in him to be a top player, but his decision making in the final third really is poor. I think it'll come with experience though.

Anyway, can't complain at that. They really are shite, but a great win all the same. Suarez is just unbelievably good.

Agree with this but if we don't I'm sure there will be other teams prepared too.

At his age it's very difficult to gauge, he could go on to develop into another Shaun Wright-Phillips at the moment with no end product. Equally we could have a top class player on our hands in three to four years.

Walcott is a good example, he's been playing for seven years and has really only just begun to look like a top flight player over the last 18 months or so.

Agree with this but if we don't I'm sure there will be other teams prepared too.

At his age it's very difficult to gauge, he could go on to develop into another Shaun Wright-Phillips at the moment with no end product. Equally we could have a top class player on our hands in three to four years.

Walcott is a good example, he's been playing for seven years and has really only just begun to look like a top flight player over the last 18 months or so.

Oh don't get me wrong, mate, I totally agree. The likes of City and Chelsea would have happily paid it, but it still doesn't make me think the lad's worth it.

I don't really want to get sidetracked on this, but I totally agree with us not paying it because I also think it would have set a bit of a dodgy precedent. If any kid coming through the ranks had a couple of decent games and got called up by their country, they could just point to Sterling and said 'that lad's paid 50k a week. What are you going to pay me?'

It's a similar thing to Henderson. Again, I like the lad and he's been playing really well lately, but I think the deal for £16m has really shafted us because if we're looking at a promising kid at another club, they're well within the rights to say something like 'this kid's our Jordan Henderson and you paid £16m for him, so we're expecting a similar amount for him'. It's things like that which set precedents.

Back to Sterling, I think 30k with incentives is fair for all concerned. The reality is that he wouldn't be getting the games at City and Chelsea that he is here because, frankly, he isn't good enough at the minute. The lad has incredible potential and a great level of maturity (boring as it is to say, but his tracking back and defensive play, I feel, is a great indicator of this), but he's still got a long way to go. His decision making is the one thing which needs to sharpen up, but like I said, I think it'll come with games and there probably isn't another top club out there he'd get them at so regularly.

Regulation win against a shoe in for relegation. The good thing is that we are turning over the lesser teams, now need to step it up and adapt when we play the teams around us.

Suarez is a different class, and again terrorised a defence. He pulled Stokes defence around and did the same today.

A bit of support for him, and we can certainly get into the top 6.

Regulation win against a shoe in for relegation. The good thing is that we are turning over the lesser teams, now need to step it up and adapt when we play the teams around us.

Suarez is a different class, and again terrorised a defence. He pulled Stokes defence around and did the same today.

What is your opinion on Ian Ayre?

I am imagining Sturridge instead of Shelvey ( struggling ) / Henderson ( played well enough but not a massive goal threat ) in the support striker role over the recent games and am warming to his arrival.

Love the Phoenix Nights nod.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I was insulting you.

You think I'm Joe Allen? As for insulting me, you couldn't do it. I don't like or respect you. At all, in any way. I think you've got a borderline personality disorder and I think you should talk to a doctor about your mental illness. Honestly, I think you're ill. When sick people insult you, it doesn't actually mean anything.

You're well known on LFC forums for being a total and utter lunatic. Anything you say is ridiculed, so your insults are essentially meaningless. And just a tip, if you're going to insult somebody, make it better than 'Allen would have passed it backwards'. It's not quite as cutting as you might think, especially when you consider I'm not Joe Allen.

You think I'm Joe Allen? As for insulting me, you couldn't do it. I don't like or respect you. At all, in any way. I think you've got a borderline personality disorder and I think you should talk to a doctor about your mental illness. Honestly, I think you're ill. When sick people insult you, it doesn't actually mean anything.

You're well known on LFC forums for being a total and utter lunatic. Anything you say is ridiculed, so your insults are essentially meaningless. And just a tip, if you're going to insult somebody, make it better than 'Allen would have passed it backwards'. It's not quite as cutting as you might think, especially when you consider I'm not Joe Allen.

I negged you simply because I think you by far is the biggest idiot on here.

You have never played football in your life, you know nothing about football and you never will.

You are laughable in every way, wonder who your next hero will be?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I negged you simply because I think you by far is the biggest idiot on here.

That's fine. I've no problem with you thinking I'm an idiot. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

You have never played football in your life, you know nothing about football and you never will.

You forgot 'fact'.

You are laughable in every way, wonder who your next hero will be?

We all know who your next hero will be. It'll be you, you egomaniacal prick.

Stop lying Numero, what people think of you is what you care most about in life, thats why you constantly check your user cp and post about it on the forum when people neg you.

I can only imagine you have never achieved anything in life, never won anything ever and are trying to live your life through imaginary heroes seeking for recognition on forums.

In other words you are a bit sad and if you had not been such a fuckin idiot I probably would have felt a bit sorry for you.

Stop lying Numero, what people think of you is what you care most about in life, thats why you constantly check your user cp and post about it on the forum when people neg you.

I can only imagine you have never achieved anything in life, never won anything ever and are trying to live your life through imaginary heroes seeking for recognition on forums.

In other words you are a bit sad and if you had not been such a fuckin idiot I probably would have felt a bit sorry for you.

Like most people, he probably cares what most people think of him. But would he care what you think of him? I doubt it. You prove daily you're the biggest fucking idiot on here. I don't think anyone would give a fuck what you think of them.

Like most people, he probably cares what most people think of him. But would he care what you think of him? I doubt it. You prove daily you're the biggest fucking idiot on here. I don't think anyone would give a fuck what you think of them.

Yes he would, thats why he posts complaints about negs on the forum.

Numero is obsessed with me.

Luckily he will soon go to the US so we can get rid for a bit, but I have a feeling it might be one of his fictional heroes who is going and not himself.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Complaining? I don't give a fuck about negs. I'm not complaining, I'm laughing at you for negging me with something about a player who wasn't even mentioned in the post you negged. It's almost as if you think having a dig at Allen will somehow upset me. Cuckoo.

As for never achieving anything, you clearly haven't seen my certificate for 100m swimming. Bossed the fuck out of that, son.