You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A lot of us feel the same mate, it is hard to get yourself up for a bunch of crying, whining overpaid lazy twats. Still love the club and the sport but it seems it is slowly dying from season to season. watching these Olympians put heart and soul into these games has left an impression. Maybe it is old age creeping in and thinking... "fuck putting all my energy into a bunch of overpaid prima donas. "

Rory Smith has written a brilliant article on that subject today for the Anfield Wrap (or Rap). Pretty much spot on in one what he says.

He particularly spoke about the class, not in a derogatory way but in the way that they are able to carry themselves and able to articulate more clearly what they are thinking, if you listen to the contrast between the Rowers and the Athletes it is quite striking.

There was an acceptance of the poor results for the Swimming team that would never have been the case for the footballers. They are under intense scrutiny and pressure on a weekly basis, not every four years for Olympians and every couple for Athletes.

But there is a hell of a lot to learn from different sports, If I was a manager I would be contact Dave Brailsford asap. Small margins and timing.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez was found guilty in the coming days, bit suspect that 34 years old and running your fastest time in ages!

Guest Pistonbroke

Rory Smith has written a brilliant article on that subject today for the Anfield Wrap (or Rap). Pretty much spot on in one what he says.

He particularly spoke about the class, not in a derogatory way but in the way that they are able to carry themselves and able to articulate more clearly what they are thinking, if you listen to the contrast between the Rowers and the Athletes it is quite striking.

There was an acceptance of the poor results for the Swimming team that would never have been the case for the footballers. They are under intense scrutiny and pressure on a weekly basis, not every four years for Olympians and every couple for Athletes.

But there is a hell of a lot to learn from different sports, If I was a manager I would be contact Dave Brailsford asap. Small margins and timing.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez was found guilty in the coming days, bit suspect that 34 years old and running your fastest time in ages!

Doesn't it just RR, these women in the football semi have put their male multi millionaire counterparts to shame.

In Germany the majority of footballers have trades and have gone through University etc. i think British football would benefit from better education for the players instead of the way things are at the moment.

Guest Pistonbroke

fecking hell, the yank baitches snatch it in added time in extra time...feel sorry for canada after the way they played and the lucky goals for the yanks.

Doesn't it just RR, these women in the football semi have put their male multi millionaire counterparts to shame.

In Germany the majority of footballers have trades and have gone through University etc. i think British football would benefit from better education for the players instead of the way things are at the moment.

I think we all would benefit from aspiring to learn, rather than being ashamed of it. A player like Zola is seen as a cultured artisan but he actually was illiterate and only learned to read late in life, an accented English hides a lot of backgrounds and intellect. As I say, you just know that if Sky had the Olympics Dean Macey would be the lead commentator and some Babe regardless of talent or intellect.

To be honest, I wouldn't be looking towards footballers with disdain but the cacophany of celebrities (I hate that fucking word) that are held up as role models in the modern media.

Guest Pistonbroke
Evertonians hate football. why cos they're shite

if we were flying we'd love it

I doubt city fans moan

Would we??? I can only speak for myself here, but it is the attitude of the players and not what they are achieving/not achieving which we are on about. A bit of passion can take you forward, a lot of passion will work wonders.

Guest Pistonbroke
I think we all would benefit from aspiring to learn, rather than being ashamed of it. A player like Zola is seen as a cultured artisan but he actually was illiterate and only learned to read late in life, an accented English hides a lot of backgrounds and intellect. As I say, you just know that if Sky had the Olympics Dean Macey would be the lead commentator and some Babe regardless of talent or intellect.

To be honest, I wouldn't be looking towards footballers with disdain but the cacophany of celebrities (I hate that fucking word) that are held up as role models in the modern media.

Agree fully, when i have to listen to the likes of Robbie Savage trying to string a sentence together it gets rite on my tits.

Guest Pistonbroke
An to make matters worse, Perri Shakes has now been dropped from the final after the Russian won her appeal!

Bit of a shitter...

Good night all....hopefully more medals tomorrow.