You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Boxing Prediction League

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results were...

Burns - Round 4 KO

Wlodarczyk - UD

Sanchez - Round 9 KO

Arce - UD

Frampton - Round 6 KO

McCloskey - UD

There's one less name in the table after the demise of BigBadBiscan...

1. Captain Turdseye. 321 pts.

2. Longballs. 312 pts.

3. Lee909. 290 pts.

4. Loadsoftrophies. 289 pts.

5. Pistonbroke. 264 pts.

6. VladimirIlych. 261 pts.

7. Byrnie. 245 pts.

8. Dickie Mint. 226 pts.

9. Remmie. 204 pts.

10. El Rojo. 118.

11. Babb'sBurstNad. 74 pts.

12. Gooch. 35 pts.

13. DanDanShaw. 30 pts.

14. Kevin D. 12 pts.

Pistonbroke was the top scorer this week with 56 points. PB and Lee909 were the only people to not pick any losers.

There isn' much good action this week but there's some action packed nights coming up next month.

The Prizefighter tournament is in Liverpool a week on Saturday, I'm thinking we could throw some bonus points on for correctly picking the winner. Let's say 25 points. If anyone's got any objections to that or thinks it could even be more points then just say on here. We could make that a rule for future Prizefighters (weekend only) too.

This weeks fights...

Alexander Povetkin vs. Hasim Rahman, 12 rounds, for Povetkin's WBA "regular" heavyweight title

Kubrat Pulev vs. Alexander Ustinov, 12 rounds, IBF heavyweight eliminator/for Pulev's European heavyweight title

Chris John vs. Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo, 12 rounds, for John's WBA "super" featherweight title

Silvio Olteanu vs. Andrea Sarritzu, 12 rounds, for Olteanu's European flyweight title

Guest Pistonbroke
I feel for you, man. I've got an advantage in the sense that it's pretty hard for me to forget. I'm always umming and ahhing over when to bump the thread so everyone gets in. Loads of packed weekends coming up, it only takes a couple of correct round guesses to make up loads of ground.

Cheers for the quick update. I'm climbing the league after a slow start... Maybe you could send out a mass PM to remind everyone on a Friday afternoon mate?

Guest Pistonbroke
I'll try that if I've got the time mate, can't promise anything. The updates are quicker now I'm working 8-5, I was all over the place when I was working shifts. Any feedback on the Prizefighter bonus points idea lads?

I think it is a good idea.

I feel for you, man. I've got an advantage in the sense that it's pretty hard for me to forget. I'm always umming and ahhing over when to bump the thread so everyone gets in. Loads of packed weekends coming up, it only takes a couple of correct round guesses to make up loads of ground.

It's because I was working Saturday, I almost forgot last Saturday too and had to do my predictions very quickly. I'm working this Saturday too, so I'll have to get my picks in Friday night.

Guest Pistonbroke

Alexander Povetkin vs. Hasim Rahman KO round 5

Kubrat Pulev vs. Alexander Ustinov KO round 8

Chris John vs. Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo UD

Silvio Olteanu vs. Andrea Sarritzu KO round 5

Povetkin won by 2nd round stoppage and Pulev stopped his opponent in the 11th.

The other two were off. Olteanu's opponent pulled out sick whilst the Chris John fight doesn't take place until November. Been a bit puzzled by it this morning because last week it said here - Upcoming fight schedule - boxing - ESPN - that the fight was taking place last night. Now it's mysteriously disappeared. I'll start posting the fights later in the week again to avoid any more confusion.

PB and Dickie top scored with 20 points.

1. Captain Turdseye. 339 pts.

2. Longballs. 330 pts.

3. Lee909. 308 pts.

4. Loadsoftrophies. 305 pts.

5. Pistonbroke. 284 pts.

6. VladimirIlych. 266 pts.

7. Dickie Mint. 246 pts.

8. Byrnie. 245 pts.

9. Remmie. 204 pts.

10. El Rojo. 118.

11. Babb'sBurstNad. 74 pts.

12. Gooch. 35 pts.

13. DanDanShaw. 30 pts.

14. Kevin D. 12 pts.

There's a few fights next week and also the Prizefighter 25 points bonus to go for. I'll post the full line-up of fighters to pick from.

Jesus Silvestre vs. Takuya Mitamura, 12 rounds, for Silvestre's WBA interim strawweight title

Moises Fuentes vs. Ivan Calderon, 12 rounds, for Fuentes' WBO strawweight title

Kompayak Porpramook vs. Adrian Hernandez, rematch, 12 rounds, for Porpramook's WBC junior flyweight title

Zaurbek Baysangurov vs. Lukas Konecny, 12 rounds, for Baysangurov's WBO junior middleweight title

Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. vs. Jonathan Oquendo, 12 rounds, junior featherweights

Rocky Fielding vs. Carl Dilks, 10 rounds, super middleweights

The draw for Prizefighter was made today, Derry has been lucky with a top half draw whilst Jennings, Crolla and Sykes are all in the bottom half. 25 points for guessing the winner. If your pick withdraws before the start of Derry's fight, feel free to pick a replacement...

Derry Mathews v Jamie Spence

Terry Flannigan v Liam Walsh

Anthony Crolla v Stephen Jennings

Gary Sykes v Tommy Coyle

Guest Pistonbroke

Jesus Silvestre vs. Takuya Mitamura, Ko round 8

Moises Fuentes vs. Ivan Calderon, KO round 7

Kompayak Porpramook vs. Adrian Hernandez, KO round 4

Zaurbek Baysangurov vs. Lukas Konecny, UD

Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. vs. Jonathan Oquendo, Ko round 8

Rocky Fielding vs. Carl Dilks, 10 rounds, KO round 3

Prizefighter winner Gary Sykes.