You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Whist I disagree with the sentiment, I can at least understand your view, unlike most of the other replies.

If you do dislike FSG, this is not another reason to dislike them, put your pitch forks away!

Regardless of what they're talking about.

Seeking advice(is the word Ayre used is it not?) from someone who would like to see you fail is insane.

If its matters of mutual interest like FFP etc... then fair enough. Thats totally understandable.

But the word "Advice" suggests to me its more focused towards asking them "How would you do this and that?"

Which in my opinion is bonkers, but thats just my opinion.

Regardless of what they're talking about.

Seeking advice(is the word Ayre used is it not?) from someone who would like to see you fail is insane.

If its matters of mutual interest like FFP etc... then fair enough. Thats totally understandable.

But the word "Advice" suggests to me its more focused towards asking them "How would you do this and that?"

Which in my opinion is bonkers, but thats just my opinion.

Advice could equally be, "How should We do this and that as a collective?"

We don't know for a fact what he has asked, but which one is most likely?

Perhaps they are asking for advice on what to do as a club, but again, this could be something along the lines of building/refurbishing a stadium, and again, I don't see an issue with asking 2 clubs who have already gone through the process about something like that, I would not expect them to give duff information, these guys will be on friendly terms as they have a working relationship with each other through the League and they have shared interests within the league, so will want to keep each other onside.

Advice could equally be, "How should We do this and that as a collective?"

We don't know for a fact what he has asked, but which one is most likely?

Perhaps they are asking for advice on what to do as a club, but again, this could be something along the lines of building/refurbishing a stadium, and again, I don't see an issue with asking 2 clubs who have already gone through the process about something like that, I would not expect them to give duff information, these guys will be on friendly terms as they have a working relationship with each other through the League and they have shared interests within the league, so will want to keep each other onside.

Do you not feel the idea of seeking "advice" from other CEO's whilst not appointing an experienced one yourself is inherently fucking stupid?

They seriously need to start employing people with some nouse in the footballing world. Ayre and parry both look/looked out for themselves but at least with parry you felt like he could do all the FA politics Ayre just hides until he wants to mention a new partner sponsoring us 50 pence to have their names on the players jock straps, fuck off Ayre. Who directly was involved in the contract negotiations involving carrol, downing was it Commoli was it Ayre how many shit fucking crap decisions have been made whilst Ayre has been around. FSG need to stop fannying about letting the club just float along they need to tip Ayre over the edge of the boat and start paddling forwards with some intent.

Do you not feel the idea of seeking "advice" from other CEO's whilst not appointing an experienced one yourself is inherently fucking stupid?

Whilst I think we should have someone else alongside Ayre, I don't really think he is that inexperienced relatively speaking.

Either way, its a seperate issue, so no.

Whilst I think we should have someone else alongside Ayre, I don't really think he is that inexperienced relatively speaking.[

Ayre left school at 16. He has no further or higher education qualifications. He did very well in business. He had three years as CEO of a third tier side, Huddersfield. He has about three years experience as as a PL MD, he has no experience of working with the FA or on league committees.

LFC are the ninth biggest revenue generating football club in the world.

With FSG, Ayre and Rodgers, LFC are currently the most generous work experience opportunity in football.

Ayre left school at 16. He has no further or higher education qualifications. He did very well in business. He had three years as CEO of a third tier side, Huddersfield. He has about three years experience as as a PL MD, he has no experience of working with the FA or on league committees.

With FSG, Ayre and Rodgers, LFC are currently the most generous work experience opportunity in football.

You left out that he was a CEO of a media company.

David Gill was an accountant, he held various finance director roles at non-sports based firms before getting a similar role at Manchester Utd. 4 years later he was CEO of aa club generating greater revenues than us, and at that time probably had no more experience than Ayre of working with the FA or on league committees.

Who had the greater experience, both in football terms and in the running of companies, at the time of becoming CEO?

David Gill was an accountant, he held various finance director roles at non-sports based firms before getting a similar role at Manchester Utd. 4 years later he was CEO of aa club generating greater revenues than us, and at that time probably had no more experience than Ayre of working with the FA or on league committees.

Who had the greater experience, both in football terms and in the running of companies, at the time of becoming CEO?

Not that it matter really matters the experience they had, you only need to look at their track records at their clubs to see which is the better. It's not like we are about to appoint Ayre and pointing out possible flaws, he has had 3 years in the job and overseen a clusterfuck for the most part, that's why HIS inexperience is being pointed out.

It's what's gone on under his watch that people have a problem with.

Piece of cake, any 7-year-old could run LFC. But they can't ride a Harley. My biggest problem with Ayre is that he doesn't have a Triumph Bonneville, Steve McQueen edition. He could then make the great escape...

Not that it matter really matters the experience they had, you only need to look at their track records at their clubs to see which is the better. It's not like we are about to appoint Ayre and pointing out possible flaws, he has had 3 years in the job and overseen a clusterfuck for the most part, that's why HIS inexperience is being pointed out.

It's what's gone on under his watch that people have a problem with.

I think some people have this view, and I don't have a problem with that. But I think others have an agenda, are ready to jump on anything, will always assume the worst, will take things out of context, get unnecessarily hysterical, and then repeat it over and over again.

Ayre's experience or his ability to do the job, and FSG speaking to Gill and Gazidis are not related. Its the way they do things, if he was the best CEO in the world I think they would still be doing it.

Ask Huddersfield Town fans what they think of Ian Ayre.

He was a resounding a failure there and is a joke figure to their fans.

David Gill, by a country mile.

I pointed out that Ayre had a successful business career.

Gill’s business career pre Man U is considerably more distinguished. He was finance director for four years first at Man U, a position which gives a hands on grasp of the business, then became group CEO under the pugnacious and successful Peter Kenyon, before becoming CEO himself two years later, six years after joining.

Ayre has done a good job commercially, which is where his strength lies, but he has demonstrated no aptitude for the top job whatsoever. Compound that with a “football lite” Board and inexperienced manager and you have weakness, the reverse is true at Old Trafford. I don’t blame Ayre- anyone would have jumped at the chance and FSG’s style is to appoint those who “owe them” for the chance of a lifetime, not to appoint experienced experts. I do blame FSG who in other commerce would not dream of buying a foreign company and an unknown business without investing in the best possible talent to make good their own knowledge gap.